Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask your Producer: August 2015

1356710

Comments

  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,370Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So, this may have been asked in a multiclass thread, but am I going to have to supply lessons to trans my extra classes on top of paying for the bonus class itself? Or will there be some 'you're already trans in 1 so you just pay x amount and you'll be trans in your next class' mechanism?
    And will there be a cap on how many classes you can have?
    Huh. Neat.
    Dochitha
  • AdrennAdrenn Posts: 7Member
    Are there any plans to alter weaponsmithing? It seems to be a pretty fruitless trade-skill? And now that iron and steel have risen in price its kind of a burden to do.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Watchman said:
    What, if any, procedures are in place should a Patron of a city go on an extended vacation? Are there those available to fill in as backups? Do you possess a roving Divine, if you will?

    I know going back over the years there have been stretches when some cities have been effectively cut off from swathes of gameplay due to this issue.
    House leaders can put in patronage requests in-game through their org administrator. If it's something relatively mundane (such as tweaking the permissions on a door, or assisting with some player-driven RP), we can usually step in to make sure those happen. Unfortunately, there's limits to what we can do in place of an active patron, so not all requests can be actioned.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Ahmet said:
    So, this may have been asked in a multiclass thread, but am I going to have to supply lessons to trans my extra classes on top of paying for the bonus class itself? Or will there be some 'you're already trans in 1 so you just pay x amount and you'll be trans in your next class' mechanism?
    And will there be a cap on how many classes you can have?
    Yes, you'll have to spend lessons in order to level up additional classes. There are no hard limits in place currently, no.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin

    Adrenn said:
    Are there any plans to alter weaponsmithing? It seems to be a pretty fruitless trade-skill? And now that iron and steel have risen in price its kind of a burden to do.
    No plans for changing it at the moment, what sort of things would you like to see added?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,370Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    So, this may have been asked in a multiclass thread, but am I going to have to supply lessons to trans my extra classes on top of paying for the bonus class itself? Or will there be some 'you're already trans in 1 so you just pay x amount and you'll be trans in your next class' mechanism?
    And will there be a cap on how many classes you can have?
    Yes, you'll have to spend lessons in order to level up additional classes. There are no hard limits in place currently, no.
    Which means soft limit, i.e. increasing costs a la tradeskills?
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Ahmet said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    So, this may have been asked in a multiclass thread, but am I going to have to supply lessons to trans my extra classes on top of paying for the bonus class itself? Or will there be some 'you're already trans in 1 so you just pay x amount and you'll be trans in your next class' mechanism?
    And will there be a cap on how many classes you can have?
    Yes, you'll have to spend lessons in order to level up additional classes. There are no hard limits in place currently, no.
    Which means soft limit, i.e. increasing costs a la tradeskills?
    Something like that, yep.
    Praxides
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,370Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    So, this may have been asked in a multiclass thread, but am I going to have to supply lessons to trans my extra classes on top of paying for the bonus class itself? Or will there be some 'you're already trans in 1 so you just pay x amount and you'll be trans in your next class' mechanism?
    And will there be a cap on how many classes you can have?
    Yes, you'll have to spend lessons in order to level up additional classes. There are no hard limits in place currently, no.
    Which means soft limit, i.e. increasing costs a la tradeskills?
    Something like that, yep.
    Tecton confirming my "he's a devilish sadist" suspicion <3
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    I do my best!
    Ahmet
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itPosts: 1,649Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    In terms of combat vs rp priority, is there a greater importance on combat-related updates and innovations or is it simply whichever comes first? 

    Would a housing promotion month ever be on the cards or is that simply not viable?

    Could we ever suggest or design items for particular shops and submit them for hopeful implementation? I've always thought it would be nice if the Theran glassblower sold glassware! 
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

    ShirszaeAereidhnaSkye
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,200Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What is the name of the first artefact directly related to multiclass going to be? (hoping this gives away something about how changing classes will work)

    If you made a new character today, knowing all the intimate details of every city(rp, leadership, ect) and class, what would you roll exactly.  Do you think people would consider you op in combat because of tricks you know from behind the scenes? I know you love Mhaldor and BM, so this seems like a silly inquiry, but I am genuinely curious. 
    Ahmet
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Jurixe said:
    In terms of combat vs rp priority, is there a greater importance on combat-related updates and innovations or is it simply whichever comes first? 

    Would a housing promotion month ever be on the cards or is that simply not viable?

    Could we ever suggest or design items for particular shops and submit them for hopeful implementation? I've always thought it would be nice if the Theran glassblower sold glassware! 
    Combat vs. RP: No greater focus on one over the other. It may seem that way, mainly because of the established systems that we have in place for combat updates (classleads) which is a little more public (multiple announce posts for classleads, whereby most events only get a single events post).

    Housing promo: Owing to the fact that promotions are IRE-wide, the chances are pretty low that there would be an appealing enough idea that would translate across the games.

    Item ideas: Sure thing, feel free to start a thread on the Golden Dais and we'll take a look!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Austere said:
    What is the name of the first artefact directly related to multiclass going to be? (hoping this gives away something about how changing classes will work)

    If you made a new character today, knowing all the intimate details of every city(rp, leadership, ect) and class, what would you roll exactly.  Do you think people would consider you op in combat because of tricks you know from behind the scenes? I know you love Mhaldor and BM, so this seems like a silly inquiry, but I am genuinely curious. 
    No artefacts for multiclass at this stage!

    Hrrm, tough one! With the trade skill split we did at the start of the year, there's so many classes with great tools to play with. I'd probably go with a Shaman in Hashan - the direction Hashan is heading is really exciting, with lots of opportunity for really great RP.
    JonathinRhiteSarieno
  • AmranuAmranu Posts: 725Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    As a Shaman in Hashan, I approve of that answer.
    JonathinDochithaBrean
  • AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't, Nature is the way to go!
    ArtemisRangor
  • RazzloRazzlo Posts: 227Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I think I personally would like a little more customization in your smithing items. I mean, I really like that it has been opened up more than it was, and I like that I can get some really nifty combinations, but I think I would be neat to be able to get a little more into the design on my piece of armour. Like Razz like lions, and it would be cool to have a little Lion heads on his pauldrons or something, but that would make it more like tailoring and make the recognition for being a Master blacksmith different...so iunno. 

    I don't know if Adrenn was talking about that, but I think it would be interesting. I am guessing you guys thought about going that route with it? Where people would submit designs and you assigned comms for them and decided against that for some reason?
    Aereidhna
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Razzlo said:
    I think I personally would like a little more customization in your smithing items. I mean, I really like that it has been opened up more than it was, and I like that I can get some really nifty combinations, but I think I would be neat to be able to get a little more into the design on my piece of armour. Like Razz like lions, and it would be cool to have a little Lion heads on his pauldrons or something, but that would make it more like tailoring and make the recognition for being a Master blacksmith different...so iunno. 

    I don't know if Adrenn was talking about that, but I think it would be interesting. I am guessing you guys thought about going that route with it? Where people would submit designs and you assigned comms for them and decided against that for some reason?
    Yep, we did think about it! There's just already a huge amount of time spent approving custom designs, and adding another two skills worth of designs would take even more admin time away from doing things like RP events and divine interaction.
    Aereidhna
  • ArditiArditi Posts: 841Member
    I emailed you guys a long while back about altering/rewriting the flavor of Domination: Is there any possibility of revisiting that in the future?

  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Are there any clans or channels (besides the Gods one) that you find yourself listening to when you're logged in and working on things? If so, what are they?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • RazzloRazzlo Posts: 227Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited August 2015
    Tecton said:
    Razzlo said:
    Stuff
    Yep, we did think about it! There's just already a huge amount of time spent approving custom designs, and adding another two skills worth of designs would take even more admin time away from doing things like RP events and divine interaction.
    Makes sense, and totally understandable. 

    And to add a question: When is the next auction promotion month? I would like to stat saving early? :)
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Arditi said:
    I emailed you guys a long while back about altering/rewriting the flavor of Domination: Is there any possibility of revisiting that in the future?
    It's possible some time in the future, nothing we've got on the books at the moment though, sorry!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin

    Sarathai said:
    Are there any clans or channels (besides the Gods one) that you find yourself listening to when you're logged in and working on things? If so, what are they?
    Not really, no. Some times I'll listen in on various places after we implement a big change, just to gauge reactions and head off any questions or problems.
    Shirszae
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Razzlo said:
    Tecton said:
    Razzlo said:
    Stuff
    Yep, we did think about it! There's just already a huge amount of time spent approving custom designs, and adding another two skills worth of designs would take even more admin time away from doing things like RP events and divine interaction.
    Makes sense, and totally understandable. 

    And to add a question: When is the next auction promotion month? I would like to stat saving early? :)
    No plans to do any more auction promos, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that effort is better spent on new general availability artefacts than one-off items.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Do you ever visit Gleamius Phallus when we are doing stuff?
    Bluef
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,506Administrator Admin
    Achimrst said:
    Do you ever visit Gleamius Phallus when we are doing stuff?
    I'd rather gouge my own ey... I mean, no!
    AchimrstBluef
  • RuthRuth SingaporePosts: 2,700Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Artemis said:
    Yae said:
    @Ruth, I got this.


    @Tecton How does mining work with the Nature faction? It's kind of funny/awkward using all this.. iron and stone.. :anguished: 
    FTFY

    RIP DARMOR. :(
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

     

    AchimrstYae
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What's your favorite food?
  • JacenJacen Posts: 2,303Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Do you use an IDE for coding either the Rapture engine or the scripts, or just a plain text editor?

    How do you store map data for the wilderness and the regular rooms (not sure of the terminology for that one)?
    image
    Aereidhna
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Any thoughts of upgrading the Windows ME pc Achaea runs on?
  • AchimrstAchimrst NaturePosts: 3,608Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can you convert all my mudlet scripts to the HTML5 for me, JQuery is still evil.
This discussion has been closed.