Ask your Producer: August 2015

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
The team and I have been hard at work on so many projects recently, the opportunity to have an AYP thread hasn't presented itself. All of that is about to change now! 

Got a question that's been burning in your mind? Ask away and I'll do my best to answer it!

(For a look through our previous AYP threads, check here: http://forums.achaea.com/categories/archives-of-the-terraformer)

Comments

• How much do you bench?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Is there an estimate for the ship updates? Or are they just happening Soon?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Estimate on Ashtan Renaissance?

Any clue when you'll either be reopening or deleting old temple rooms? (Kastalia, Tarah, etc etc)
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    About how long-ish until Ashtan renaissance and then multiclass? 
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Shirszae said:
    Is there an estimate for the ship updates? Or are they just happening Soon?
    We're working on some of the more overarching technical systems currently, specifically focussed on improving the wilderness maps and the way things interact and are displayed. After that, we'll be getting down to the more player-focused aspects of the overhaul. 

It's going to be a big project, so I honestly couldn't give any timeframes as to when you'll start seeing changes!
  • I am curious how does your BUGSUM look like!
    Ahmet said:

Any clue when you'll either be reopening or deleting old temple rooms? (Kastalia, Tarah, etc etc)
    Ashtan's well underway, we did a lot of concurrent planning while we were working on Hashan, allowing a very small window between the two cities. 

Old temples (at least the public parts of them) may find their way back into an explorable state in the future. We do have a plan in place, but nothing I can go into much detail about without giving the whole lot away!
    Jonathin said:
    About how long-ish until Ashtan renaissance and then multiclass? 
    See above!
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

Ashtan's well underway, we did a lot of concurrent planning while we were working on Hashan, allowing a very small window between the two cities. 

Old temples (at least the public parts of them) may find their way back into an explorable state in the future. We do have a plan in place, but nothing I can go into much detail about without giving the whole lot away!
    *weep*

Fine then. ETA on a huge chunk of the Northern Scrublands not missing? *fingerscrossedfornewarea*
    Huh. Neat.

Josoul said:
    I am curious how does your BUGSUM look like!
    Depressing! Although, a lot better than it did at the start of the year! Our weekly bugs/idea days have really been helping whittle down the number of bugs in the system. Ideas on the other hand, sheesh, they come in at a rate that would keep a team of 20 coders busy!
    Ahmet said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

*weep*

Fine then. ETA on a huge chunk of the Northern Scrublands not missing? *fingerscrossedfornewarea*
    ETA: When it happens.
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

*weep*

ETA: When it happens.
    GDI Tecton :cry:
    Huh. Neat.
  • What's with Bloodlet, how does this change actually make it better?
    Artemis said:
    My question:

@Sartan 's city has red fog, and @Twilight 's has blue fog...can Me and @Gaia have green fog? Pretty please?
    You didn't get the memo? You guys are out, Sartan's in... red fog for Eleusis 2015!
  • When is Hashan going to not be surrounded by grasslands on the wilderness map?
    Amranu said:
    When is Hashan going to not be surrounded by grasslands on the wilderness map?
    Hrrm, I thought we updated that - I'll take a look and get it sorted out ASAP!
  • Could we have the option in Eleusis to grow hemp for cloth? 

Achimrst said:
    What's with Bloodlet, how does this change actually make it better?
    The problem with old bloodlet was that it needed to remove all of the ginseng afflictions from the target on applying the bleeding. The bleeding being spread out over time reduces the up front burst, but gives a window of opportunity in which to reapply haemophilia, allowing the shaman to capitalise on the bleeding more effectively. Additionally will be more of a boon against people with higher mana pools, as they won't be able to instantly just clot everything away.
    edited August 2015
    Deladan said:
    Could we have the option in Eleusis to grow hemp for cloth? 
    Way to further the dirty hippy stereotype even further, sheesh!

ETA(nswer): No plans to offer that at this time!
  • edited August 2015
    Achimrst said:
    What's with Bloodlet, how does this change actually make it better?
    It's useful in that now you have a chance to stick haemophilia and therefore keep some of the bleeding around for a quick coagulate or try for an inflame kill.

Also what Tecton said
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Have you guys ever considered removing staff of Nicator right before a year x games?  It seems like over the years it has produced a lot of grief and heartache and I understand the desire to not delete while someone has it, but feel like there is a point in time deletion could be viable.  Could leave the fancy estate!

Have unique item auctions become a thing of the past due to problems,  or are any planned for the future?

What percentage of the garden have kids in rl? I would ask if you specifically had any, but since I don't know, you have probably never shared(assuming you do))?
    @Tecton will greathunt caves be opened for the (hopeful) Y700 greathunt?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Do horkvals, grooks, and xorans lay eggs? The hive in Ulangi makes me believe that horkvals do, at least.

When grooks are children, do they have a tadpole-like nature to them?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited August 2015
    Tecton said:
    Amranu said:
    When is Hashan going to not be surrounded by grasslands on the wilderness map?
    Hrrm, I thought we updated that - I'll take a look and get it sorted out ASAP!
    Also, when are the Targa/Seaview Roads going to show up on the wilderness map?

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
    Austere said:
    Have you guys ever considered removing staff of Nicator right before a year x games?  It seems like over the years it has produced a lot of grief and heartache and I understand the desire to not delete while someone has it, but feel like there is a point in time deletion could be viable.  Could leave the fancy estate!

Have unique item auctions become a thing of the past due to problems,  or are any planned for the future?

What percentage of the garden have kids in rl? I would ask if you specifically had any, but since I don't know, you have probably never shared(assuming you do))?
    Staff: The powers of the staff change with each wielder, so the next ones may not be as bad!

Unique items: We'll generally put that effort into general artefacts these days, since it's a lot of effort and energy coming up with an item for just one person.

Kids: I'd say 20 - 30% of the volunteers have kids at the moment! Personally, no spawned processes at this time!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Dragging the mining thing over to this topic. On behalf of my Oceania and SEA buddies, we're wondering on the frequency of lode spawns and their timings.

Some of us don't actually go out and prospect every hour, but the amount of bad luck at finding lodes is pretty disheartening. Pretty sure I've slept/worked/commuted through most of those spawns.

Ahmet said:
    @Tecton will greathunt caves be opened for the (hopeful) Y700 greathunt?
    Maybe! We'll see closer to the time!
  • BronislavBronislav Maryland
    edited August 2015
    I second Skye's question regarding mines. 

Also: it seems like a lot of ideas are met with, "That isn't something we're looking into right now. " I understand that some ideas are outlandish and entirely too overpowered, but it sometimes seems like even the really cool, relatively underwhelming ideas get the stock reply. Aside from an idea being unbalanced/OP, what are the usual reasons that ideas don't make it? 

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, what can we - as players - do to help facilitate these ideas? Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'd like to think that players would gladly jump through hoops and do some legwork for a good idea! 

This discussion has been closed.