Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• Skyrim still has one of the best themes ever, that Norse chanting is so good
  • Vesios said:
    Skyrim still has one of the best themes ever, that Norse chanting is so good
    I prefer Morrowind's Nerevar Rising, personally.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

•           

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Lmao, will you please go in and ask them what the $3,688 dish was?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I got this from my friend who probably saw it on some forum.

It keeps saying Special Dish etc etc. There have been cases of certain seasonal fishes going for several hundreds or even thousands of dollars at Chinese restaurants. But given that the person ordered like 15 of them, that seems highly unlikely. 

Our general consensus is that it's probably some kinda money laundering scheme where you order something outlandishly expensive, that isn't actually that expensive and charge it as an expense.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Those are absolutely amazing.

• Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • I wish Achaea was more visually stimulating to watch, so I could make one of these for those epic raid moments...

It can be if you want to mess around with GUI stuff, timers, buttons, etc. Now that the sound thing is fixed, I also like to trigger lines with sound clips to not only make it more interesting but to help keep track of things if I miss it visually in a wall of text.

• Kresslack said:
    It can be if you want to mess around with GUI stuff, timers, buttons, etc. Now that the sound thing is fixed, I also like to trigger lines with sound clips to not only make it more interesting but to help keep track of things if I miss it visually in a wall of text.
    I tried to do that for a while.  I could never get it to work. I had plans to trigger sounds of people and background market place noises while wandering through the Bazaar in Hashan and such.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!

• If you thought our snakes and spiders were bad
  • Ah, nostalgia

Berenene said:
    Kresslack said:
    I tried to do that for a while.  I could never get it to work. I had plans to trigger sounds of people and background market place noises while wandering through the Bazaar in Hashan and such.
    It was bugged for a while, but from what I've been told it works now. I'll try to find the thread where the fix is mentioned and message you.

• Image may contain text      
  • Synbios said:

Happy Commercialized Singles-and-or-Couples Appreciation Day

As I said on Facebook, if you are going to celebrate this day, consider celebrating it in the traditional manner...by stoning and clubbing people to death. :)
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Berenene said:
    Synbios said:

Happy Commercialized Singles-and-or-Couples Appreciation Day

As I said on Facebook, if you are going to celebrate this day, consider celebrating it in the traditional manner...by stoning and clubbing people to death. :)
    Part of that sounds fun. Not the death part, mind you.

•                      

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

Lmao, talk about gold sinks. We just need to initiate a stock market in Achaea.
  • edited February 2017
    I'd actually hit that so hard, you have no idea.

They'll have to give some form of return though (otherwise zero intrinsic value), so more like trading bonds/shares with dividends. The return should be tied to something that can be influenced by external factors too.

Or shares that allow you to control org-based corporations/get a higher yield based on %-owned.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    WLTB Tsol'dasi futures

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited February 2017
    I'd actually hit that so hard, you have no idea.

They'll have to give some form of return though (otherwise zero intrinsic value), so more like trading bonds/shares with dividends. The return should be tied to something that can be influenced by external factors too.

Or shares that allow you to control org-based corporations/get a higher yield based on %-owned.
    Could just start out with every city having ONE city run shop.  Finite number of shares, limit on initial purchase,  then down the road they can be dicks and dilute your shares :D 

Over time, shops can be declared city shops (and they lose out on auction leases).

Then over time they can implement shorts and futures...  on things like each city's average return on commodities markets through the year.  Or even the city's total financial well being.  If they start converting too many shops to city-run and can't stock them or they're poorly managed, the city pays taxes on the property and loses money...something along those lines anyway

Lol, this is SO bad...

"What did the register say to the page file?"
    [spoiler]"Cache me outside, how bout .dat"[/spoiler]
  • That meme really needs to die.