Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

1426427428429430432»

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,170 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Talamond
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,346 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I found this on my lunch break and thought you guys might enjoy the read too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/first-game-with-microtransactions?amp
    BoosteyaZekriolTaryiusAstarod
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,336 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Some stylophone goodness. 

BoosteyaYsela
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 2,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pyori said:
    We have to eat, too!

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    The amount of beer being sold right now is obscene 
    Caelan
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,569 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Austere said:
    I found this on my lunch break and thought you guys might enjoy the read too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/first-game-with-microtransactions?amp
    Missed this until now! That article is pretty hilarious. Shows Sarapis still has no idea why Achaea was/is successful.

Here's a snip on why he thinks Achaea has never been a pay to win game:

Some players have argued the games are pay-to-win because the virtual goods include items of power, not just cosmetic flair, which is rather more difficult to monetise in a text game. “I’ve been hearing that ever since I launched Achaea,” Mihaly says. In response, he describes a complex calculus in which people with disposable income, but little gaming time, trade with people in the opposite situation. For example, a player buys credits from the company, gold on the exchange, and a breastplate from a hardworking artisan, stimulating the local economy. On the surface, it’s a win-win-win, but it still doesn’t quite account for the hours put in by the smith or what happens during PVP. The possible objections are endless.

• CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I found it interesting where he admits in 1999 'any changes (breaking ground) weren't about breaking ground, but making money'.

The context could be taken 2 ways.  

• SaonjiSaonji Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Need to start doing this with masks, too.

Sign In to Comment.