Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    My job, you work if you're scheduled regardless if it's holiday, unless you plan ahead and use PTO to take it off. 

• In Australia, if certain public holidays fall on a weekend, they must give the next day in lieu of this.  Because we also have boxing day, which is a public holiday on the 26th on the monday, the public holiday in lieu of christmas is tuesday.

The best part about it is that all you need to do is then take the wednesday, thursday and friday as annual leave to get like 10 days off in a row, because with new years falling on a sunday, they've also given monday as the public holiday in lieu.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Antidas said:
    Ryzeth said:

Not actually true, fyi. Because Christmas falls on a sunday, the monday afterwards is a national holiday. Some businesses may chose not to recognize it, but its still recognized by the gov't. I get it off :D
    lucky my company is very generous and gave us extra day off for both.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Berenene said:
    In Australia, if certain public holidays fall on a weekend, they must give the next day in lieu of this.  Because we also have boxing day, which is a public holiday on the 26th on the monday, the public holiday in lieu of christmas is tuesday.

The best part about it is that all you need to do is then take the wednesday, thursday and friday as annual leave to get like 10 days off in a row, because with new years falling on a sunday, they've also given monday as the public holiday in lieu.
    Same here in Ireland. My company, however, just give us those three days off outside our regular holiday allowance.

(Least they can do for prematurely greying my hair and inducing panic attacks, to be fair)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I work from home, every day is a day off :)

Although, we do get time off when bank holidays fall on weekends as mentioned above, and while i'm technically working in between Christmas and New Year my boss said to me "Spend time with the family, eat chocolate and if I need you, a response the same day would be appreciated."

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."

• Ackbar: It's a trap!

• @sobriquet Seems a shame to eat the potato when you could just have a 7th pint of Guinness :D

• Sobriquet said:

@Xaden Saw this and thought of you

And @Xaden gets annoyed when -I- say this, but for Sobby, he <3s it. Pffffft. Men!
  • Quisse said:
    Sobriquet said:

And @Xaden gets annoyed when -I- say this, but for Sobby, he <3s it. Pffffft. Men!
    Pfffft me? Pffffft you!! Racist :p

• Xaden said:
    Quisse said:
    Sobriquet said:

Pfffft me? Pffffft you!! Racist :p

Such an angry leprechaun. 
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree

• Trey said:
    Hey @Xaden, how many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

Zero
    That is legit one of my favorite jokes. Always followed up with: What? Too soon?

• @Kresslack : reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

•        

•       

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Synbios said:

Can't find a response pic for this. Made my morning though. I'll use it if someone does it to me. 

•        
  • Camroth said:
    PettyAf      
    Help an eldritch abomination out here: What does this map mean?

• @Synbios Compare it with (the blue states on) a map of the 2016 US election results. I guess they're trying to say the other states aren't united/part of the country any more (because they voted Trump).
  • When they think they sly sneaking into Hashan. 
  •