Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Nellaundra said:
    3) Faster method of travel
    Invincible flying mount plus trans riding is 1090cr, anklet of dashing plus ring of flying (which is even better since you don't need to be mounted) is 900cr.

A pet will also give much less dodging than a good non-pet mount, since pets are at a pretty low level. As much as pets cost, you could afford to get 2-3 collared legend steeds, or just an army of expendable mid-level mounts.
  • Hrm, 2-3 killable collared legend steeds < one un-killable pet mount in terms of utility, I think - speaking from previous experience with my collared pegasus and Proficy/Micaelis/Tiamat(since they can just kill said mount again).

There's also the bonus damage reduction and evasion you get from being mounted too, over the anklet of dashing and ring of flying.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Also have to factor in whether you have swiftmount or need to buy spurs
  • Sena, I love you for your math, but you gotta fight a monk unmounted.
  • Exelethril said:
    There's also the bonus damage reduction and evasion you get from being mounted too, over the anklet of dashing and ring of flying.
    Being mounted doesn't give damage reduction, only evasion (and as I said, pets give less evasion than other mounts).
    Mizik said:
    Sena, I love you for your math, but you gotta fight a monk unmounted.
    I didn't say pets aren't good or that you shouldn't be mounted, just that fast travel isn't really a benefit of pets, and non-pet mounts still have an advantage in dodging (which doesn't mean they're actually better) if you can't afford a pet.
  • edited January 2013
    Vadimuses said:
    Every skill that is hidden by a Veil works when the user has a Veil - except falcon observe. I bugged it, was told to ACC it (I'm not in ACC) or classlead it.

Why exactly should I have to classlead a broken artefact? :(
    When did this happen?  I *know* I've falcon observed veiled people... In fact, I thought the veil wasn't even supposed to hide them in that situation.  Is this another one of those falcon "bug fixes" that there were so many of a couple/few years ago (specifically on falcons)?  
  • Sena said:
    Nellaundra said:
    3) Faster method of travel
    Invincible flying mount plus trans riding is 1090cr, anklet of dashing plus ring of flying (which is even better since you don't need to be mounted) is 900cr.

A pet will also give much less dodging than a good non-pet mount, since pets are at a pretty low level. As much as pets cost, you could afford to get 2-3 collared legend steeds, or just an army of expendable mid-level mounts.
    Gallop and Flying aren't the only worthwhile abilities from Riding, though. If you need to do so gaining LEAP in place of MOUNTJUMP would cost you another 700 credits, for instance.
  • Jules said:
    Vadimuses said:
    Every skill that is hidden by a Veil works when the user has a Veil - except falcon observe. I bugged it, was told to ACC it (I'm not in ACC) or classlead it.

Why exactly should I have to classlead a broken artefact? :(
    When did this happen?  I *know* I've falcon observed veiled people... In fact, I thought the veil wasn't even supposed to hide them in that situation.  Is this another one of those falcon "bug fixes" that there were so many of a couple/few years ago (specifically on falcons)?  
    I don't know when :(
  • Antonius said:
    Gallop and Flying aren't the only worthwhile abilities from Riding, though. If you need to do so gaining LEAP in place of MOUNTJUMP would cost you another 700 credits, for instance.
    That's a benefit of riding though, not just pets. I was arguing against pets (not riding in general) being a "faster method of travel".
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited January 2013
    Debating amnesia pet for Jester. SVO lols at them though. What you guys think? 1050cr seems steep to hope that amnesia proc'd on aeon fling.

• Great investment, if just for mount.

Will amnesia fire if mounted?
  • Unkillable mountable artie pets are a terrible idea and 100% useless to everyone. Don't ever buy one cause they are dumb.

I mean like, they are dumber than Mizik's mom dumb. So yeah, don't get one. They are pointless.

• L2hamstring
    edited January 2013
    I have a charcoal hippogriff + balloon giraffes, so it'd just be for amnesia. Just a basic non-mountable, invincible amnesia pet. 1050cr for passive amnesia that most systems easily ignore doesn't sound like the best bang for your buck, though.

• Everytime I see an amnesia pet I remember how Septerra would lick his lips before every thing he did.

• Amnesia, among other things, is a way outdated concept - that I'm sure admins with time will get to updating.
  • Amnesia still good in aeon and retardation though.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• And when fighting opponents with not-so-good ping.
  • Iocun said:
    And when fighting opponents with not-so-good ping.
    So annoying when, due to a lucky timed amnesia hit, it takes at least 0.6-0.8 seconds to cure something :(
  • Question: I'm not really contemplating picking one up anytime soon, but are the whips actually worthwhile now?

I remember when Whip of Taming was the only decent one, but when they got rid of its ability to garrote, did they actually manage to fix the artefact whips or is it still very clearly better to just get a forged one?

And if they are decent, which are more useful - the lashes or the whips?
  • Lashes are worth it for hunting, but only the level two and three ones. The first level lash has stats that can be forged relatively easily. I wouldn't buy any of the whips.
  • Lashes are basically replacements for the whip of taming (level 3 lash is actually better), at a more normal cost. Whip of taming was very cheap for an artefact weapon.
  • Sena said:
    Lashes are basically replacements for the whip of taming (level 3 lash is actually better), at a more normal cost. Whip of taming was very cheap for an artefact weapon.
    and so many people didn't have the trigger line for it. rip WoT.

Does the Cane artefact let you stand with a broken leg or just walk? Also is that a lvl 1 break or can you walk w/mangled leg?

• Just walk. If it allowed standing with 1 broken leg it would be a staple pvp item.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

edited January 2013
    shackles it is

• Zeon said:
    Just walk. If it allowed standing with 1 broken leg it would be a staple pvp item.
    It would possibly be the most powerful defensive artefact, if it did.
  • Hrm, what should I be saving for next? I'm a nearly omni-trans Xoran ward monk and I can dragonform for quick travel. I have:

• lvl 2 knuckles
    • lvl 1 gauntlets
    • lvl 1 sash
    • lvl 1 belt
    • lvl 2 bracelet
    • lvl 2 sip ring (health)
    • lvl 1 regen ring (health and mana)
    • Aldar talisman

• Kazu said:
    Hrm, what should I be saving for next? I'm a nearly omni-trans Xoran ward monk and I can dragonform for quick travel.
    What do you want the artie to do? Help with bashing, 1v1 fighting, group fighting, physical or spell damage?
  • edited January 2013
    Nemutaur said:
    Kazu said:
    Hrm, what should I be saving for next? I'm a nearly omni-trans Xoran ward monk and I can dragonform for quick travel.
    What do you want the artie to do? Help with bashing, 1v1 fighting, group fighting, physical or spell damage?
    I'd prefer something for 1v1 or group fighting. I utterly detest bashing and hope to never have to do it again.

Oh, here are my traits.

Racial:   Firekin
    Level 20: Nimble                  
    Level 30: Triage                  
    Level 40: Health weaver           
    Level 50: Receptive body          
    Level 60: Mana weaver             
    Level 70: Imbued                  
    Level 80: Robust
    Level 90: Empty
    --------------------