Classleads - January 2015

Comments

• Ernam said:

@Achimrst First of all, thanks for being civil and explaining your point of view.

However, I'm in no way saying that a Shaman should not run a few rooms away to heal up.  This is an integral part of combat, which is carefully balanced by hindrance abilities, location abilities ( alertness, sense, detect, farsee ), movement speed, traps, and so on - and I'm a huge fan of it.  I think your post indicates that you think that this isn't fair, but that's certainly not the case - and in fact, I suggested strengthening Shaman/Jester's ability to "run" so they can heal (or leave the room to mask vodun afflictions).

For Shaman specifically, I don't think that they should lose a significant amount of fashions during this time.  I do think that it would be appropriate to lose some since during that time, your opponent is losing all of their momentum, but this could easily be compensated by a slight increase in fashion speed.  In general, I think everyone agrees with what you're saying (and we're kinda saying the same thing), we just don't think you should be able to Travel to cities and then come back (often, repeatedly), without losing fashions.

I somewhat agree, that vodun travel can be used that way. That has to do with fashions lasting an hour long though. Losing fashions for running from a room, even 1 or two, without the shaman actually using them is a bit over the top. As I said before, lowering the time that fashions last would make more sense than losing fashions just for running away. Shaman running away seems fine to me if you know how to do it well, we might not have evade or anything, but we have fast balance and curses to make it easier on us.

Not to mention as I said, your momentum is far faster than a shaman using vodun, and a shaman using curses loses ALL momentum when you run away. You're making it a bit lopsided and pushing shaman into using only curses since fashions will just fade if they run away from you because they think you have too many, or you run from them to cure.

If someone vodun travels from your room to a guard stack, just hire on the person they travelled to or kill that person later. I agree it's a stupid tactic to use in a fight but it doesn't completely destroy the other uses that vodun travel offers.
  • edited January 2015
    Achimrst said:
    Losing fashions for running from a room, even 1 or two, without the shaman actually using them is a bit over the top.
    It seems to me that if losing one or two fashions for running away to cure away someone's entire momentum is "over the top", that might be a problem. You can easily get more than one or two fashions in the time it takes for a momentum class to spin up. What you're saying, and what I think Ernam is objecting to, is the idea that jester/shaman should be able to retain the entirity of their prep while completely mitigating the threat of someone else.

It would be silly if vodun actually became a full momentum skill (unless you could combo it with curses, which would be neat, but I imagine a balance headache) - since you're absolutely right that other momentum classes would blow it out of the water - but losing one or two fashions for curing up is not that. If that were the intention, he would have suggested losing all fashions. The point is that you can still fashion and run away, but running away has a cost. And that cost incentivizes only running away when you need to rather than "playing it safe" and running away after every fashion like a BM prepping limbs by evading after every single attack (but with a one-hour reset timer).

I'm certainly not super-knowledgeable here (though I guess neither are several other people posting in this thread, so I don't feel like I'm speaking entirely out of turn), but I can't really see how losing a small part of your prep in return for forcing your momentum-based opponent to lose their entire prep is "over the top".
  • @Tael It's "over the top" because it's a nerf in relation to the current state of their class, obviously. A lot of people simply aren't interested in losing things (like the ability to keep all fashions when running away from your opponent to reset the fight) even if that's necessary for combat to be balanced.
  • edited January 2015

I think you both have pretty much nailed what I was trying to say on the head.

Fortunately, IRE has been quite visibly shifting things away from both slow prep and using fast-travel during combat.  

Tael said:
    Achimrst said:
    Losing fashions for running from a room, even 1 or two, without the shaman actually using them is a bit over the top.
    It seems to me that if losing one or two fashions for running away to cure away someone's entire momentum is "over the top", that might be a problem. You can easily get more than one or two fashions in the time it takes for a momentum class to spin up. What you're saying, and what I think Ernam is objecting to, is the idea that jester/shaman should be able to retain the entirity of their prep while completely mitigating the threat of someone else.

I mean, exactly.  It's silly that this is even possible, but as it currently works, it isn't just possible, it's the obvious "best" method to use, as it is heavily incentivized, easy to do, and works every time (unless the person just decides to sit in their city for an hour). (which is exactly what @Antonius said).  This is particularly true because of countless changes in affliction momentum that make it slower, and several changes to limb damage (both slower, and resets after 3 minutes).

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited January 2015
    The theories proposed so far are that

a) 99% of shamans are idiots and don't know how to fight because they're binding the wrong things
    b) There are several different strategies for fighting as a shaman that don't include binding Maligus.

Considering that shaman has always been an incredibly flexible class, and Spiritlore seems as though it was intended to maximize that, I'm obviously supporting the latter position. But since some people believe everyone should always be binding Maligus, fine. Let's run with that.

Everyone binds Maligus. You incorporate rather drastic doll decay for movement. Now let's go with Ernam's suggestion: What we really need then is a quick escape method to move away and not lose fashions.  Alright...

But we already have that already: It's called INVOKE PROJECTION under Aelkesh: "It will allow you to fling yourself out of potentially fatal situations. Be warned, however it is far from accurate." Even if Aelkesh were made more accurate, increased from one room out to three or had its balance decreased,  etc. this means that to be "most effective" shamans would now have to bind both Maligus and Aelkesh. 

We can only bind 5 spirits, leaving just 3 empty slots. Such changes (and mindset) diminish the agility of the class as a whole in favour of nerfing one top tier player (who is artied to the hilt) by suggesting tweaks that make these two spirits must-haves while simultaneously ignoring that there are other strategies in existence for combat that focus on only one skillset or combine the three minus Maligus. 

Edit: I'll be honest, I may be more likely to say "Oh okay..." if limb prep were anything at all like doll prep but the fact is that you can't do anything with a handful of fashions and you can do a lot with a prepped limb. Likewise, if the problems with communion and making bindings much more easy to do mid-fight were addressed first, then I could see discussing these things. But as it stands, a shaman has to sit down, commune with spirits, and go through a lot of rigamarole to re-bind and attune spirits, making it impossible for them to switch out strategies mid-fight or even to fight at all if they're in "bashing mode" as far as bindings go.
  • Tael said:
    Achimrst said:

It would be silly if vodun actually became a full momentum skill (unless you could combo it with curses, which would be neat, but I imagine a balance headache) - since you're absolutely right that other momentum classes would blow it out of the water - but losing one or two fashions for curing up is not that. If that were the intention, he would have suggested losing all fashions. The point is that you can still fashion and run away, but running away has a cost. And that cost incentivizes only running away when you need to rather than "playing it safe" and running away after every fashion like a BM prepping limbs by evading after every single attack (but with a one-hour reset timer).

I'm certainly not super-knowledgeable here (though I guess neither are several other people posting in this thread, so I don't feel like I'm speaking entirely out of turn), but I can't really see how losing a small part of your prep in return for forcing your momentum-based opponent to lose their entire prep is "over the top".
    It's over the top because of how long it takes to get enough fashions to do much of anything. Fashioning is maybe two every two seconds, other than that it's one every two seconds. Take that and add it to being hindered and prepped/afflicted and you are not getting that many fashions, you have to run and drag the fight out for a long time. This is why making fashions decay based on distance is a terrible idea. Shaman need at least 50 fashions to slow lock someone, not guaranteed slow lock either. I have already agreed that like a BM hitting a limb and running MIGHT be considered similar, although if we did that it would take at least 20 seconds to get maybe, if you get truefashion each time which is highly unlikely, 20 fashions so it's not even on the same scale. Add maybe a second for them to find you each time you run that's 30 seconds to get, if you are lucky with truefashion, 20 fashions. All of this while not attacking at all, you are standing there and literally doing nothing but fashioning. If you want to add curses you have to add at least a second for each curse that you do so maybe three curses each time before you run that's about....60sec for 20 fashions? That's what my math makes it out to be, so you wasted a whole minute getting 20 fashions to maybe break their arms so they can quickly mend them or maybe vodun bind so you can regain the two fashions you just used to vodun bind. All a complete waste of time if they just fade each time you grab a fashion.

Now let's actually add in that you stay in a room for 5 sec and you might gain 2, 3, or 4 fashions based on if you truefashioned or not. Now you lose one fashion for running, and you go down to 1, 2, or 3 fashions left. IMO that would make it waaaay slower than it is now. It would literally make vodun impossible to get enough fashions without using curses to drain mana, in which case you might as well set them up for an inflame kill giving shaman absolutely no use for the entire skillset of vodun.
  • Ernam said:

I think you both have pretty much nailed what I was trying to say on the head.

Fortunately, IRE has been quite visibly shifting things away from both slow prep and using fast-travel during combat.  

Tael said:
    Achimrst said:

I mean, exactly.  It's silly that this is even possible, but as it currently works, it isn't just possible, it's the obvious "best" method to use, as it is heavily incentivized, easy to do, and works every time (unless the person just decides to sit in their city for an hour). (which is exactly what @Antonius said).  This is particularly true because of countless changes in affliction momentum that make it slower, and several changes to limb damage (both slower, and resets after 3 minutes).

I keep telling you @Ernam and you aren't listening to me, I would completely agree with you if fashions were far easier to get than they are. It's a slow process with just fashioning by itself, that is all I am saying. Making fashions decrease based on range is IMO too far, making fashions fade based on time makes far more sense to me since fashions already do that and shaman don't really need them for an hour anyway. If we are gone for an hour the fight is likely over.

• 60 seconds for 20 fashions, where you give your opponent zero opportunity to get anything on you, might be slow, but it's possible, easy to do, and extremely frequently the only strategy many shamans/jesters use.

It's hard to discuss all at once because Jester is so insanely good at slow prepping (thanks to having so many evasion/survival/hindrance abilities, while Shaman has it a bit harder when it comes to long, drawn-out fights.

Wouldn't mind seeing @Jarrod's idea implemented alongside something to help Shamans in this regard, however you have to keep in mind that they did just get an entirely new skillset - that does address this and other issues for the class.  It would be kindof interesting to see what'd happen if you made Curse/fashion combinations (for shaman only) possible, to make it more momentum-based instead of a long-term slow prep.

• edited January 2015
    I like the idea of losing fashions for travelling away from your target in the 1v1 context.
    Only hesitant about its use in raid defense/group, since you will spend a lot of your time not in your targets room, essentially leaving you with 0 fashions if that was changed. Although a doll in group pvp can get pretty absurd, kinda overkill on what the shaman has access to as a fight draws on longer. 
    Maligus could probably use some looking at to. My experience is you either get no fashions, or wayyyyy too many in a fight. 
  • Bluef said:
    We can't assume that every shaman utilizes Maligus. There are different ways of approaching combat as a shaman. Use of Maligus is one tactic. Every shaman won't necessarily have that spirit bound.

If shaman were half as OP as this thread is making them out to be, there would be many more shaman combatants in the top tier than there currently are. 
    You are wrong.

You -have- to assume that a Shaman wanting to fashion is using Maligus. It would be stupid (and unbalanced) to assume otherwise.

Your statement that "If shaman were half as OP" etc. is also wrong. Not everyone plays the class that is most OP.

Your other arguments that there is more than one way to play Shaman is also right and wrong. You can do many, many things as Shaman in both group and 1v1 combat that are amazing. You have to assume that the Shaman is going to correctly bind for their preferred playstyle. Yes, this means that there are wrong binds for your playstyle.

Your examples are like a pre-knight change Infernal using slow battleaxes and saying he can't vivisect so the class needs changed. No, he chose an inferior play style, and is incorrectly playing his class.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited January 2015
    Given that every single sentence just written begins with "You" or "Your" I'd like to suggest that someone may be arguing against a person and not actually debating ideas here.

There are many shaman who don't use Maligus at all. In addition to those that do regularly, we should also -have- to take that into consideration when we're talking about lessening fashions for movement. 

There is no 'correct binding' for a shaman because playstyles are diverse. People trying to argue there is just want to get this classlead across. Again, this is where other prep classes and shamans diverge greatly. 

Finally, again, doll prep is nothing like limb prep. We're comparing apples and oranges. Using top tier combatants and their singular play style, more to the point, is like comparing Eris' golden apples and diluted orange concentrate.

• If you're looking for a fashion focus and you're not using Maligus, you're playing the class incorrectly. Please stop thinking your opinion on what's good should dictate balance, it's determined by what is actually good.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Bluef said:
    Given that every single sentence just written begins with "You" or "Your" I'd like to suggest that someone may be arguing against a person and not actually debating ideas here.

There are many shaman who don't use Maligus at all. In addition to those that do regularly, we should also -have- to take that into consideration when we're talking about lessening fashions for movement. 

There is no 'correct binding' for a shaman because playstyles are diverse. People trying to argue there is just want to get this classlead across. Again, this is where other prep classes and shamans diverge greatly. 

Finally, again, doll prep is nothing like limb prep. We're comparing apples and oranges. Using top tier combatants and their singular play style, more to the point, is like comparing Eris' golden apples and diluted orange concentrate.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with whatever classlead you're bringing up, and was in direct response to comments you've made.

Shamans who don't use maligus AND are fashion based, are dumb. No other way around it.

I also said nothing about there being "correct bindings", only that there are wrong bindings for play styles. If you're going to quote what I said and twist it into something that it wasn't, please just stop talking now.

Saying doll prep is not like limb prep is irrelevant. Doll prep is -much- stronger than limb prep in pretty much every scenario. It can only be reset by leaving for an hour, and is much stronger than limb preps after it's finished if used properly.

Using top tier combatants and their (not singular, at all, not even a little bit) play styles is exactly what we have to balance around. We don't balance around your play style of using your skills inefficiently.

• Jarrod said:
    If you're looking for a fashion focus and you're not using Maligus, you're playing the class incorrectly. Please stop thinking your opinion on what's good should dictate balance, it's determined by what is actually good.
    You don't seem understand what I'm trying to say, so let me clarify it further for you:

Vodun users have many options since the introduction of Spiritlore. Many of these strategies include lower fashion counts. By 'balancing' the class in this way, you're imbalancing this agility. Shaman do not need to be solely focused on getting high fashions anymore, and this proposed changed hurts those that don't in favour of 'balancing' those that do. 
    Cooper said:

My post had absolutely nothing to do with whatever classlead you're bringing up, and was in direct response to comments you've made.

Shamans who don't use maligus AND are fashion based, are dumb. No other way around it.

I also said nothing about there being "correct bindings", only that there are wrong bindings for play styles. If you're going to quote what I said and twist it into something that it wasn't, please just stop talking now.

Saying doll prep is not like limb prep is irrelevant. Doll prep is -much- stronger than limb prep in pretty much every scenario. It can only be reset by leaving for an hour, and is much stronger than limb preps after it's finished if used properly.

Using top tier combatants and their (not singular, at all, not even a little bit) play styles is exactly what we have to balance around. We don't balance around your play style of using your skills inefficiently.
    There is no reason to insult players who have different combat strategies than going for high yield fashions. 

Discussion of 'correct bindings' was in reply to someone else - I reply to ideas posted, sometimes in bulk not just to specific people I single out for rude comments. 

This particular classlead is absolutely attempting to balance around one person's play style. A top tier person who is artied out. This has already been stipulated to in prior postings. 
  • My classlead has absolutely nothing to do with Dunn. Like he said, he doesn't fashion, and rarely uses Vodun at all when he's fighting.

It is not a classlead that 'hurts' high fashion strategies unless you consider the fact that they're effectively unbeatable once obtained and this gives them a counter is a hurt. I think it improves the game as a whole.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Bluef said:
    Jarrod said:
    If you're looking for a fashion focus and you're not using Maligus, you're playing the class incorrectly. Please stop thinking your opinion on what's good should dictate balance, it's determined by what is actually good.
    You don't seem understand what I'm trying to say, so let me clarify it further for you:

Vodun users have many options since the introduction of Spiritlore. Many of these strategies include lower fashion counts. By 'balancing' the class in this way, you're imbalancing this agility. Shaman do not need to be solely focused on getting high fashions anymore, and this proposed changed hurts those that don't in favour of 'balancing' those that do. 
    Cooper said:

There is no reason to insult players who have different combat strategies than going for high yield fashions. 

Discussion of 'correct bindings' was in reply to someone else - I reply to ideas posted, sometimes in bulk not just to specific people I single out for rude comments. 

This particular classlead is absolutely attempting to balance around one person's play style. A top tier person who is artied out. This has already been stipulated to in prior postings. 
    I think maybe I can clarify the point people are trying to make in response to you. It isn't about the yield of fashions.

The thing people are talking about as problematic is that, at present, nothing stops you from just fashioning once, moving out of the room to reset the opponent's momentum, and repeating. It's boring and it's slow, but there is no downside to it at all. There never has been either. This is not a new problem brought on by Malignus for instance. Malignus makes the problem more apparent since it makes it less slow, but isn't at the core of it. It has nothing to do with artefacts either - if anything, it's a stronger strategy for people without artefacts, who have less ability to weather the enemy attacks and are even further incentivised to frequently leave the room and heal up.

The point is that the speed at which you can acquire fashions is completely meaningless as a balancing factor against momentum classes if the fashions don't decay. If it took five fashions to make a useful doll, you could run after each fashion, reseting your enemy's momentum, and then use the doll. If it took three-hundred fashions to make a useful doll, you could run after each fashion, reseting the enemy's momentum, and then use the doll. Without some decay mechanism, the number of fashions it takes and the speed at which you acquire them only changes how boring it is to play that way, not how powerful a strategy it is.

With a decay mechanism, you have to balance leaving the room to heal up and staying in the room to get fashions. You can't heal up as much as you want and fashion once or twice whenever it's convenient. You have to give momentum classes a chance against you while you're fashioning.

And all of those problems are made worse by how safe you can be while running between fashions, largely as a function of distance. If all you can do is run one room away after each fashion, the person can chase you (possibly with jumpkick or lunge too). If they react quickly or plan ahead, they can have a hope of keeping their momentum going. If you can get twenty rooms away, however, you've pretty much robbed them of any hope. Hence the suggestion that it be distance-based: you can still run away to heal up, but you have to decide whether to reset your own offence in addition to theirs by getting to a truly safe distance or dance around near the enemy to keep your offence going and also give them a chance to keep theirs going.

That's the reasoning behind it. It isn't about Malignus or about artefacts. It isn't really about anything new at all. People are discussing this because it's an opportunity to address a longstanding issue with dolls and combat balance.

(Also, you should maybe reread a few of your posts and the ones you've been responding to. Your complaint about the post starting with "you" being a personal attack was silly. Of those "you"s, one was a generic "you" (used in a similar way to the pronoun "one"), three were "your argument", "your statement", and "your example", which should obviously be fair game for discussion, and the other one was just "You are wrong". There is no reasonable way to construe his usage of "you" as indicative of a personal attack.)
  • Bluef said:
    Jarrod said:

Cooper said:

I've said more than once that Shaman has many viable strategies, and no where have I insulted people who don't fashion.

The statement you crossed out says that if you are wanting to be fashion based and are not using maligus, then you are dumb. That is a true statement.

And again, I clearly stated that I was not in any way talking about the classlead you're referencing. Please stop trolling.

• edited January 2015
    I think it'd be fair for an entire doll to decay over the course of six minutes apart if unallied. 2 fashions for every 10 seconds they're apart? Or 4 for every 20 seconds, etc. 
  • edited January 2015
    Tael said:

(Also, you should maybe reread a few of your posts and the ones you've been responding to. Your complaint about the post starting with "you" being a personal attack was silly. Of those "you"s, one was a generic "you" (used in a similar way to the pronoun "one"), three were "your argument", "your statement", and "your example", which should obviously be fair game for discussion, and the other one was just "You are wrong". There is no reasonable way to construe his usage of "you" as indicative of a personal attack.)
    Quit ruining the show. Get that reasonable discussion crap out of here. Stuck in quote. HALP! ERMAGOD. Stupid mobile forums.

• Jovolo said:
    I think it'd be fair for an entire doll to decay over the course of six minutes apart if unallied. 2 fashions for every 10 seconds they're apart? Or 4 for every 20 seconds, etc. 
    This seems like a very viable fix that should not affect shamans/jesters very much, if at all, unless they are slow prepping (via any method). I would still however like to see something address freely loopable, instant, unstoppable puppet travel in tandem with this, if it were implemented.
  • edited January 2015
    You guys are talking about punishing the slowest prep in the game after 10 seconds. Prep which is required for an entire skillset. Prep that also has very little hinder associated with it, especially when it comes to Shamans were you can literally just walk out of the room and they can't stop you.

I think you need to be a bit more realistic than "I want dolls gone in 6 minutes and their prep to start decaying in 10 seconds!"
  • Well, to make it identical to Knight prep, we'd make have to make dolls decay in three minutes but not lose fashions until then, and this timer reset on every fashion.

You say fashioning is much slower than limb prep?  Okay, make it six minutes, no fashion loss in the interval.  Does that seem more reasonable?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015
    Knight prep is not an entire skillset. Additionally knights have access to their entire offense while prepping.

These things are not comparable. I haven't heard anyone comment on slow decay over the course of an hour, instead of all decay after an hour. This is a far less radical change, that still accomplishes a lot of the goals here.
  • Addama said:
    Well, to make it identical to Knight prep, we'd make have to make dolls decay in three minutes but not lose fashions until then, and this timer reset on every fashion.

You say fashioning is much slower than limb prep?  Okay, make it six minutes, no fashion loss in the interval.  Does that seem more reasonable?
    No, because that doesn't solve the issue. It also seems a little facetious because fashioning accomplishes nothing during the actual fashion. It would be a fair equivalent if you considered knight prep not inflicting afflictions or damage of any kind. 

Amranu said:
    You guys are talking about punishing the slowest prep in the game after 10 seconds. Prep which is required for an entire skillset. Prep that also has very little hinder associated with it, especially when it comes to Shamans were you can literally just walk out of the room and they can't stop you.

I think you need to be a bit more realistic than "I want dolls gone in 6 minutes and their prep to start decaying in 10 seconds!"
    Think about the reverse. What do you think someone is accomplishing by walking out of the room for ten seconds consistently enough to actually hinder fashioning? I suggested the six minute decay time could be partitioned into twenty seconds too, which sounds pretty fair. Momentum classes will completely ruin their momentum, and limb damage classes will have to deal with your limbs resetting. 

It's a realistic approach to the dilemma of a Jester or Shaman playing the fashion-and-run game.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Addama said:
    Well, to make it identical to Knight prep, we'd make have to make dolls decay in three minutes but not lose fashions until then, and this timer reset on every fashion.

Six minutes with no tick doesn't fix fashion and travel, though. . I actually agree that the abilities, used cheaply, have the possibility to be to strong. I don't fight cheap people, though. If you are going to travel after every attack, so am I. Good luck getting any offense when every time you attack me I bail. If they are going to nerf straight fashioning like this, I hope to see some compensation, though. On the note of fashioning wrong, if Maligus is the proper way too fashion, why not allow doll initiation with it and just remove fashion?
  • It's not much of an accomplishment to run from either of these classes, frankly.

A realistic approach is to punish them for leaving yes, but not nearly as severely as you're talking.

You're talking about denying an entire class skillset after 6 minutes of someone chilling in guards. Right now decay is set at an hour, which is reasonable except for the problem you're talking about, where there is no punishment for leaving.

As I've suggested multiple times, decay can begin earlier (not 20 seconds, but I could say after a minute?) With the end result having been a full decay after an hour.
  • So at least, if they do fashion and run they can't come back 50 minutes later with all their fashions
  • edited January 2015
    Can you name another entire skill (try just an ability: there's like one or two in the entire game, let alone enough to compromise an entire skill) that has such a severe impact for an hour after the fighting has stopped?

I would even be okay with fashions decaying every sixty seconds instead of ten or twenty, but if you assume that it still takes a full hour for a doll to decay, that makes the fashion loss each minute proc negligible. It's barely two fashions decaying for every minute a Shaman/Jester wants to remain out of the room of the target.

The overall decay time needs to be much, much shorter.
  • edited January 2015
    The point is that it is an entire skill dedicated to this, as such decay at a rate of minutes basically mean Shaman/Jester would get destroyed by momentum classes. Consider that it takes approximately 1 minute of pure fashioning to get 45 fashions. Now, Maligus can speed this up for Shamans but Maligus needs to be looked at because if people know they're fighting against Maligus can make using it slower than normal fashioning, or nearly impossible to use, at the other end of the spectrum Shaman get an insane amount of fashions and just facesmash the keyboard and win.

So sure, Vodun/Puppetry have huge impacts an hour after the fight, because the entire skill is designed around requiring huge amounts of dedicated prep during which time little or no pressure is being put on the opponent. Completely unlike any other prep in the game.

A nerf down to minutes means any momentum class can try to kill the Shaman/Jester, and if they fail twice they can run and just never have to deal with an entire skillset of a class, which I think we can all agree would be pretty dumb.

Right now, a slow decay over an hour is reasonable, so that the affects of the skill lessen but aren't completely diminished over that period. If the skills are completely redone to change how fashioning is implemented, as an entirely passive part of Regular Jester/Shaman offense like every other prep class in the game, we can look at bringing it in line with the decay of that sort of prep.