Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Patronage System

124»

Comments

• KakotasKakotas Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Madelyne @Bluef -If you need anything from Church days hit me up I've been running into a lot of stuff as I go through my stockpiles of years of info as a historian for most of shallam/church/templars/elysians. I'm afraid most of it doesn't fit the IC though with good/Good and Light vs light etc so I'm not exactly sure how to deal with all that mess on wiki I'm afraid it might further confuse the issue. But if you have an idea or a concept about that time at the least I can give you feedback just make sure to get my attention message wise or something like that and find me and add me to the clan.

@Mathonwy I'm glad people learned that with Shallam/Citadel it was a pretty costly move in terms of semi-active players as far as I've seen we've lost at least 30 players with that whole debacle probably more. That kinda hurts us all. Plus interfering too much on the meta level just leaves players feeling entirely useless and controlled which ruins the point of the game.Enforcing mass change like that event did with almost no outlet for the old just makes players want to leave maybe just me it's been 2 RL years before I would even come back and stay more than an hour or so. It just never has sat right the complete break of immersion.  Two reasons I've not minded cyrene's no devotion is 1-because Cyrene has gone out of their way to make it ok for us, 2-because most of us were assured of several things when we chose runewarden over paladin. This has lead to a fairly amicable change.

@gods who are watching this thread-Having lived through I wanna say 3 iterations of the same order and 3 iterations of another close order I can see how having your own thing impacts the RP and really how people perceive things I've seen everything from minor variations on a theme to titanic shockwave changes in orders. Maybe I'm wrong but it would be nice for you guys if however you had a way of automating/storing some tasks that are repetitive or are done in a certain manner even if it's just for archive purposes for celani to see so that when a new god takes over they have an idea of that gods style (in case they are from a different area of the game). Admittedly I know very little but I almost wish there were ways for older order members to contribute to a waking God stories or something of how that God behaved when... fill in the blank... If anything it would help give ideas but then again I'm not too familiar maybe this is already in place somewhere.

(Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
    Bluef
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,305 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Could we revisit this idea? Currently stuck with a locked enchantment room in my House and I'm not sure how long I should wait, after being told to use the patronage system via ISSUE ME, to explore other options when the given one isn't working. Absolutely no reflection on Twilight whatsoever, but I can't know his schedule or if he's on vacation or if he's gone dormant, and the patron request system gives no feedback on any of those things, leaving me in this awkward, I don't know when or how I should go over Twilight's head position.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Looks like this was fixed shortly after it was submitted as a request- if it's not working, let me know and I'll chase it up ASAP.
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,265 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Maybe the one submitting the request should get a notification when something is fixed then. Like with bugs. :)
    TharvisPraxides
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,305 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:
    Maybe the one submitting the request should get a notification when something is fixed then. Like with bugs. :)
    We should also get a notification when our request has been read, IMO. I've had a couple of things disappear down the black hole that this system can be.
    Aodfionn
  • KorbenKorben Member Posts: 345 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I liked the 'Celani Patron' idea. Orgs no longer choose patrons, their patron is Celani X, servant of Y. The Garden may, from time to time and due to Gardenous reasons, switch out X and Y and replace them with Celani W, servant of Z. If Y is active, Y plays X as well. If Y is dormant, X is not necessarily inactive; any requests made to X could go into a general to-do list and be picked up by active admins knowledgeable enough concerning that org. If there are none, X can always reply 'I need Y's approval for that'.

There will still be things that orgs request and do not receive, but at least the admins would have a way to gauge which orgs are suffering the most from patron dormancy and toss them a bone whenever possible.
    Praxides
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAMember Posts: 1,218 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, something similar to that was being done. It mostly worked wonders.

The downside came when the Celani working with us just literally vanished, his celani character no longer existed without a heads up or anything.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

• TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Rangor said:
    They do, usually by letter!
    Siduri
Sign In to Comment.