What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Ysela said:
    Caelan said:
    So you *didn't* blow up the city? Or the other Aegoth-esque stuff?
    @Taryius holocausted our own master shrine, so there were some explosions. @Aegoth -esque would have included sacrificing one or several slaves.
    FTFY
  • He's not edgy enough for slaves. It's goats. Trust your Tyrannus.
  • slaves, goats... they all bleat the same, sad bleat
  • Puxi said:
    Ysela said:
    Caelan said:
    So you *didn't* blow up the city? Or the other Aegoth-esque stuff?
    @Taryius holocausted our own master shrine, so there were some explosions. @Aegoth -esque would have included sacrificing one or several slaves.
    FTFY
    I don't think there has ever been an @Aegoth ritual without the sacrifice of a goat (not including Sarapin Sacrifices, for obvious reasons.) (Just like there has never been an Ysela ritual that is not just a disguised sermon.)

He even procured a minipet goat kid just to have any actual denizen to kill for his rituals (and was sad, I suppose, upon realising holocaust does not work on denizens, not even goats)
  • *sees post titled "Humility"*

*Post addresses individual as 'child'*

*Ends with 'signed in blood of your guards'*

• edited May 2019
    It's so rare I have to rat stance, I sometimes forget that it exists  :s

You can see the extra roundhouses where I just got annoyed and started hitting the enter key more in the hope that would somehow help the issue, instead of just sweeping for them.
  • We used to have to throw curare handaxe and double punch people like that.
  • The ship has no "disc" in its ammunition stores.
    = Sl Furl - hp 98%,Hl: full,Wd W@19kts,Cr/Sp SW@0,Sea Choppy

WEAPON DIDN'T FIRE.

Your crew begins to mend your sails and repair your hull.

Load what?

Fire what?

Oh oops I was supposed to raid @Rane's ship for ammo before entering the monster zone.

• @Ramilies honours line all the way! 

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    @Ramilies I wanted to get mine off one of those shades in darkenwood. But I miscalculated and got it off a cave bear instead :( whatever you intend to kill make sure there's lots of them.

...like Atavians.

*flee!*

• Skye said:
    @Ramilies I wanted to get mine off one of those shades in darkenwood. But I miscalculated and got it off a cave bear instead :( whatever you intend to kill make sure there's lots of them.

...like Atavians.

*flee!*
    Well Neraeos would be happy :p
    But not Skye everybody loves Skye
  • Stefana said:
    @Ramilies honours line all the way! 
    You know, now I need to go find my old list of those
  • Farrah said:
    Achaea is not likely to have a situation where the killer gains xp but the killee does not lose it.
    I have a question about this. Do attackers get exp from kills during a sanctioned raid? I didn't manage a kill or an assist yesterday, so I wasn't able to tell or not.
  • Synthus said:
    Farrah said:
    Achaea is not likely to have a situation where the killer gains xp but the killee does not lose it.
    I have a question about this. Do attackers get exp from kills during a sanctioned raid? I didn't manage a kill or an assist yesterday, so I wasn't able to tell or not.
    not during sanction, no. only defenders get xp on kills
  • Only pre-sanction (or on Mark, and maybe Dauntless, defenders). You don't get experience for killing somebody who doesn't lose experience, so once defender experience loss stops so does attacker experience gain.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think it's currently set up to where only the defenders will get experience for kills and disarming during sanction. That could be wrong, but that seems to be what I've noticed when defending recently.

I like that because it makes people less hesitant to defend and worry about dying, which in turn typically makes for better fights.

Really, I kinda wish they would balance (or remove) XP loss out of these circumstances altogether.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    @Kresslack I think attackers should absolutely lose xp, for the reasons Farrah gave before. I'd emphasize that without the victim losing xp the killer doesn't gain xp, and that would take away a big sweetener from defending. 

Defenders not losing anything is pretty sweet, though. Unless you're an attacker.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • You only have to raid when you want to raid, but you have to defend when other people want to raid. Raiders don't really need any (more) incentives or perks for raiding, the raid itself is there reward. That's not (always) the case for (all) defenders.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited May 2019
    I really wish a lot of the solo or two people "raid" attempts would let up. Most of the time it leads to no worthwhile conflict, and more often than not it just interrupts RP, which can be really frustrating when it keeps happening as a result of one or two people being bored and just wanting to stir something up. If you're going to attack/raid a city, make it an actual attack and have a better reason than being bored or being a general nuisance.

• Aegoth said:
    not during sanction, no. only defenders get xp on kills
    Antonius said:
    Only pre-sanction (or on Mark, and maybe Dauntless, defenders). You don't get experience for killing somebody who doesn't lose experience, so once defender experience loss stops so does attacker experience gain.
    Ah, okay then, thanks for clearing that up!

Kresslack said:
    Really, I kinda wish they would balance (or remove) XP loss out of these circumstances altogether.
    I think removing XP loss out of sanctioned raids and maybe slightly nerfing XP gain for balance would encourage more raiding. I know that if there wasn't a penalty to attacking other than getting your teeth kicked in and losing a tank, I'd be foaming at the mouth to raid more often.

Then again, I also think XP loss on death as a whole is a mechanic that should be done away with, so I might have a sliiiight bias. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • So, we actually used to have xp gain in cities!

It caused a lot of issues of people quite literally farming cities for XP, and it did not create a good situation.

Tanks still provide a LOT of experience, though, so attackers still do get XP if they do well. 

• Cooper said:
    Tanks still provide a LOT of experience, though, so attackers still do get XP if they do well. 
    Done. I'm onboard with raiding now. Excuse me while I go get my historically-inaccurate viking helmet.
  • XP loss for dying used to be considerably worse, too. You would lose experience for the death itself, then embracing death (actually praying for salvation back then) was a substantual extra loss on top, and being immolated at the tree was a loss too (though not as much as praying).

Only resurrection abilities had no experience loss attached to them, and they were considerably more faction controlled than they are now as this was before alchemist existed.

You would also lose experience on a regular tick as a soul with 0 mana, so you couldn't sit around forever waiting for a resurrection (if one was possible at all).
  • Embracing/praying cost 1% of your total experience, no cap that anyone hit.

Most avid PKers had a gem of transmutation and would QQ if they died and couldn't use it, then login when the gem could be used to reincarnate.

• Kresslack said:
    I really wish a lot of the solo or two people "raid" attempts would let up. Most of the time it leads to no worthwhile conflict, and more often than not it just interrupts RP, which can be really frustrating when it keeps happening as a result of one or two people being bored and just wanting to stir something up. If you're going to attack/raid a city, make it an actual attack and have a better reason than being bored or being a general nuisance.

I can't speak for everyone, but in a lot of circumstances those are not people being "bored" or "trying to stir things up" so much as they are someone hiding in the city who provoked them in some way. For example, some of us went after Esti when she broke oaths and she immediately hid in Cyrene. Now that we're all enemied to Cyrene already for unrelated reasons, we're not going to just let someone be because they're in Cyrene. We're going to go in Cyrene after them. But since it's just one person we're after, we will likely go in small groups first.

Another occasion, I ended up soloing Cyrene for a bit because Cyrenians ganked me in Eleusis and then went to Cyrene. I assume others might have similar reasons! Though, I obviously can't say for certain. My response to anyone mad about me being a nuisance to people who ganked me is that being ganked is a nuisance to me too. :(