What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Milabar said:
    Happy birthday! 

I've literally been on the road going cross country since an hour before Mila was kicked from Targossas. 

Looking forward to some downtime to properly deal with a lot of things I couldn't handle while I was visiting IG family in Houston
    What happened :O
  • Elisella joyfully agrees to bind her hand to yours in matrimony.
    You formally bind Elisella and Pyori in matrimony.
    The melodious chiming of wedding bells rings out, celebrating the marriage of Elisella and Pyori.
    [18:29:11:413] [9177h, 97m, 33.3%] (exbdck)

Third time's the charm on this whole 'getting married' business!

• Ygia said:

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 96. You have reached the illustrious level of Master of Sapience.

Nearing the end...
    Dragon is really just the beginning.
  • Antonius said:
    Ygia said:

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 96. You have reached the illustrious level of Master of Sapience.

Nearing the end...
    Dragon is really just the beginning.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Don't listen to Antonius' lies, he has been brain washed.  Bashing definitely hurts, deep down, in your soul.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I became the very first of a new house role (basically just 'hey, administrative stuff is boring, do this for me', but hey, new stuff!). Also stayed up for 30 hours. I'm so tired. So so tired.

Dragon by March or I'm donating all my artefacts to some random chaos entity's butt.
  • Got schooled by a contingent of Scyrian hoplites. 
  • Ygia said:

Dragon by March or I'm donating all my artefacts to some random chaos entity's butt.
    If you weren't Targossian and had a few credits to spend, you could be dragon by next week.  Just saying. ;)
  • Penwize said:
    Ygia said:

If you weren't Targossian and had a few credits to spend, you could be dragon by next week.  Just saying. ;)
    And willing to share your password? ;)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Zhedan said:
    Sort of lead my first defense, but more of a team effort really. So many moving parts but so much fun. Lots to learn about other classes and group combat in Achaea.

Also Mhaldor mages hit for ~33%. Noted.
    Wait til you see kai choke :(
  • Penwize said:
    Hmmmm.... 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Finchy talked to his God, I've provided a rough summary of the pleasing encounter in picture form. 

• @Syndra wanted to claw my eyes out, but the coffers had different plans for me. 

Astarod eats a potash crystal.
    ?:786(15%)h, 676 (14%)m (100%e) (98%w) [] e-[haem wea st ill diz reck epi bld(374) cl ast vert
     impat] |XP: 97% (913)| [20|25|0|0|0|0]
    Penwize quickly pricks Syndra with his dirk.
    Penwize follows up the first attack with another, his dirk piercing the flesh of Syndra.
    Horror overcomes Syndra's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    ?:786(15%)h, 676 (14%)m (100%e) (98%w) [] e-[haem wea st ill diz reck epi bld(374) cl ast vert
     impat] |XP: 97% (913)| [20|25|0|0|0|0]d
    The ground seems to tilt and you fall with a thump.
    You scream in pain as the forest of sharpened crystals pierces your body. (6.738s)
    ?:786(15%)h, 676 (14%)m (100%e) (98%w) [] e-[haem wea st ill diz pr reck epi bld(419) cl ast vert
     impat] |XP: 97% (913)| [20|25|0|0|0|0]dd
     (6.37s) (6.275s) (5.361s) (4.782s) (3.958s) (3.332s) (2.078s) (1.642s) (1.421s) (1.421s) (0.203s)
    You fall to the ground as the last drops of life-giving blood drain out of your body.
    You have been slain by some gold sovereigns. (5.218s)

- 2019/02/01 21:40:34 - Zhedan has been slain by the might of some gold sovereigns.

Andraste tells you, "Ouch."

Nihan tells you, "I have got to know, how did gold kill you?"

Argwin tells you, "Did you really recently die to some gold sovereigns?"

Yes, folks, it's true. I wish I could explain to you how. Perhaps the Merchants are conspiring, perhaps we'll never know..
  • My vibes are gold-plated. 
  • Looks like the gold has sovereignty over zhedan...

eh? EH?

I’ll go back to my hovel

• Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 97.
    You have reached the illustrious level of First Among the Hosts.

Two more to go. :D
  • I have to say, that death was *golden*
  • Zhedan said:
    @Syndra wanted to claw my eyes out, but the coffers had different plans for me. 

Astarod eats a potash crystal.

Penwize quickly pricks Syndra with his dirk.
    Penwize follows up the first attack with another, his dirk piercing the flesh of Syndra.
    Horror overcomes Syndra's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.

The ground seems to tilt and you fall with a thump.
    You scream in pain as the forest of sharpened crystals pierces your body. (6.738s)
    You fall to the ground as the last drops of life-giving blood drain out of your body.
    You have been slain by some gold sovereigns. (5.218s)

- 2019/02/01 21:40:34 - Zhedan has been slain by the might of some gold sovereigns.

Cameo! Stan Lee who?

• edited February 2019
    Riell said:
    Tyrannus Ysela Nithilar, the Dread Ecclesiarch has appointed you to the position of Minister of War.
    You are now leader of the army of Mhaldor.

this is my first official position in achaea ever and i am the very of the nervoushappy type

oh yea hay @Minifie girl am i your favorite protege yet?
    Another contender in the battle for the mentor!

• Super excited to see what you do! 
  • I finally got to break 1000 Adventurer kills. It's nice to be back. 

• I died a lot today!  But, that's a good thing!
  • Ygia said:
    I participated in my very first Crusade, and got 5 kills for my 1 death. Not too shabby! Granted, it was group combat, but still.

I need to get better at measuring rite provisions, and ensuring I'm stocked up on curatives etc, buuuuuuut it wasn't the most awful thing in the world. I thought I was gonna do a lot worse.
    You seemed to do pretty well (except for the newbie kick on Cooper right at the end!).

When it comes to rites, how many and which ones you want to use heavily depends on the size of the groups involved and what the plan of engagement is. If you're planning on letting the enemy come to you, you can lay down rites ahead of time, but you still want to be selective on which ones you actually use just to conserve Devotion (unlike Priest, Paladin has no rite mobility, so it's more of a consideration for them). If you're planning on moving to the enemy, or just won't be staying in that location for very long (often the case during a crusade when subverting), then there's no point in putting any rites in that room.

Healing and revitalisation are generally not useful in larger group fights. They don't tick quickly enough, and don't have enough of an impact when they do, to reliably keep somebody alive when they have a lot of people attacking them. They're more useful for small fights (1v1 to maybe 3v3). Demons is in a similar position.

Keep Piety down as much as possible, provided you can also ensure that you have most (if not all) of the opposing side enemied. If you can't do that, don't put down Piety because you'll prevent somebody who can from doing so.