What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Pyori said:
    If the talisman pieces are untradable, then no it doesn't set a definitive value on pieces. The idea is, also, that you price it higher than what people generally sell them for. So if people typically sell a piece for 100 credits then you'd sell it for the gold value of 150-200 instead. Could very easily set it to fluctuate based on avg credit price, they no doubt have the code already to be able to. You pay more, to skip the need to wait 4 months for the admin to be generous and put that talisman in the round of promos.
    The fact you state it doesn't set a definitive value, and then reference a specific credit to gold value to try and prove this point..... just negates your... everything, still dont know why your allowed to post.. js
  • edited January 2019
    Just seems like letting someone buy talismans with bound credits would kill the promos. Leaving the person who bought the caches not able to sell for the real value because people would just opt to go to Delos instead. Some of us still have a lot of talismans after a promo ends. It would completely make our pieces impossible to get rid of. Before someone says trade them in for bound... I didn’t buy stuff with RL funds to end up with only bound credits. 

• Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 95. You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Order of the Hyperphysical.

aah yes finally
    now bedtme
  • Laodoke said:
    Just seems like letting someone buy talismans with bound credits would kill the promos. Leaving the person who bought the caches not able to sell for the real value because people would just opt to go to Delos instead. Some of us still have a lot of talismans after a promo ends. It would completely make our pieces impossible to get rid of. Before someone says trade them in for bound... I didn’t buy stuff with RL funds to end up with only bound credits. 
    And I can't use my bound from Elite to buy any talisman pieces, giftbags or caches.

Happy to gate it behind one piece per IG year and once bought bind it to the person in question.  Means some of us can finish an item without waiting for just the right piece, in just the right cache, in just the right giftbag during just the right promo.

And people like you can still wheel and deal if you want to. But I don't, and refuse to spend money on credits when I don't need them just on the off chance of one item. Fuck that. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited January 2019
    Laodoke said:
    Just seems like letting someone buy talismans with bound credits would kill the promos. Leaving the person who bought the caches not able to sell for the real value because people would just opt to go to Delos instead.
    Nobody said that. They said making CERTAIN pieces buyable, for a price higher than the average. IE: Capevelvet, cullingbladeedge, figurinelegs, etc. Y'know, ones that are always gonna sell if someone happens to roll them (especially when the shop prices them much higher than players do). The game certainly needs gold sinks that aren't awful.
    Proficy said:
    The fact you state it doesn't set a definitive value, and then reference a specific credit to gold value to try and prove this point..... just negates your... everything, still dont know why your allowed to post.. js
    What's more confounding is your inability to follow your own arguments, and instead just resort to attacking the person whenever they happen to disagree with what you're saying. You said doing the above would set a definitive gold to credit value, I said you're wrong when they can easily set the pricing based on CFS credit prices. As always though, it is wholly amusing your dislike of me that shines through whenever you reply to me. Good job.
    Also please learn to use an ellipsis properly... It's not 5, 6, 7 or even 2 periods, it's 3. Rarely 4 (albeit used in a different way, when it is 4)

• Pyori said:
    Laodoke said:
    Just seems like letting someone buy talismans with bound credits would kill the promos. Leaving the person who bought the caches not able to sell for the real value because people would just opt to go to Delos instead.
    Nobody said that. They said making CERTAIN pieces buyable, for a price higher than the average. IE: Capevelvet, cullingbladeedge, figurinelegs, etc. Y'know, ones that are always gonna sell if someone happens to roll them (especially when the shop prices them much higher than players do). The game certainly needs gold sinks that aren't awful.
    Proficy said:
    What's more confounding is your inability to follow your own arguments, and instead just resort to attacking the person whenever they happen to disagree with what you're saying. You said doing the above would set a definitive gold to credit value, I said you're wrong when they can easily set the pricing based on CFS credit prices. As always though, it is wholly amusing your dislike of me that shines through whenever you reply to me. Good job.
    Also please learn to use an ellipsis properly... It's not 5, 6, 7 or even 2 periods, it's 3. Rarely 4 (albeit used in a different way, when it is 4)

I think you misunderstood. Proficy is saying that it sets a credit precedent for the talisman pieces. Which it would. Suddenly I can’t sell my death cape velvet for 600cr because it’s available for 500cr worth of gold, so why would you buy from me?
  • edited January 2019
    Too late to edit: he did specifically say gold to credit prices.

However, the argument that adding definitive credit values to talisman pieces would still set precedents that are unhealthy for player to player commerce is an important one.

I think the better idea is to revisit the appearance rate of each talisman set. There’s no reason for death caches to only pop up once a year.
  • I have a feeling that if they suddenly diluted the market, people would be equally pissed.  I know people who have spent a few thousand just to get one piece, and are holding other pieces just so they can get an ROI in their favor.  

I don't envy the admin team in trying to see where the least bitching will come from as they walk the razor's edge.

• edited January 2019
    Riell said:
    I think you misunderstood. Proficy is saying that it sets a credit precedent for the talisman pieces. Which it would. Suddenly I can’t sell my death cape velvet for 600cr because it’s available for 500cr worth of gold, so why would you buy from me?
    a) The argument was already stated to put the price higher than what people typically pay.
    b) Nobody pays 600cr for the velvet anymore. Seen a number of capes completed recently, mine included, where the velvet was considerably less than that. So, see A. High-rollers all have their capes.

• Having elite is agreeing to the bound credits. Like you already knew what they were limited to when you signed up. Though one piece per IG year is still unfair. If you aren’t buying the pieces from another player that still kills the market. If 10 people opt out of buying 10 pieces from another player, it still effects the market negatively. While an iron elite is great it doesn’t begin to touch the amount of money that IRE makes from promos. There’s is an entire shop of arties in Delos to spend bound credits on. Talismans are promo only. Artie cart items are Artie cart only. A gold sink doesn’t seem like the same thing a bound credit sink is. Bound credits are over inflated. If you have enough gold to turn into an Artie you would instead just convert your gold to credits and buy like everyone else. In fact the change they made to talismans almost assures that every piece will drop instead of giving out dupes of the same talisman piece it moves down the list. 
  • Kills what market?  If nobody has the item then there is no market...
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @Seragorn probably benefited more then almost anyone and if he didn’t get hit by a bus he’d have a few critiques that most would agree are beneficial to everyone. 
  • edited January 2019
    There is a market people just don’t like the way it operates. The death set is a tricky set anyhow with everything only redeeming for 10 cr per and not being able to trade in once you complete a talisman. I would opt into opening for literally any other set. Because If you get stuck with the pieces you cannot get your credits worth back in bound. Though it has also been around since 2016. Pieces were more plentiful when everyone was collecting. There are obvious market issues but that’s definitely not the answer. 

Wait.. Seragorn got hit by a bus??!
  • Bid way too goddamn much, but got something I have been requesting on and off again for years, so net happiness!

• I got brainsucked by definitely not an Illithid. 

Poor bastard died of starvation.

• @Laodoke it's an Achaean thing that, when a player disappears and stops playing, the reason is "got hit by a bus".

Usually. If Seragorn has indeed been hit by a bus, then I am sorry :(
     <3 
  • Hit by a bus = "their life is a bit bussy lately" = busy.

Seragorn'll be back eventually, when he's less busy with work I imagine.
  • edited January 2019
    Penwize said:
    Hit by a bus = "their life is a bit bussy lately" = busy.

Seragorn'll be back eventually, when he's less busy with work I imagine.
    Except Tanris.

R.I.P

• Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 124.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Avatar of Supramortal Existence.
  • Okay cool that’s a better alternative than actually getting hit by a bus! 
  • You rip into a vicious ghast with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!!!
    You have slain a vicious ghast, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 110.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 2nd Stratum of Puissance.

• Oh, almost forgot to post:
    Astarod takes Tianondria's hand and carefully wraps an Edelweiss Flower her wedding finger.

Tianondria, with a look of utter joy on her face, accepts your proposal of marriage.
    Really banking on this being the last time!
    I'll marry @Urok, @Caelan, or maybe even Majin for my next marriage, if necessary, I guess.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Oh, almost forgot to post:
    Astarod takes Tianondria's hand and carefully wraps an Edelweiss Flower her wedding finger.

Tianondria, with a look of utter joy on her face, accepts your proposal of marriage.
    Really banking on this being the last time!
    I'll marry @Urok, @Caelan, or maybe even Majin for my next marriage, if necessary, I guess.

• The prestigious title of Prime Minister is bestowed upon you by Siarde, and with it, the powers of Air Lord are yours to command.
    PREVAIL to assume your form, and FORSAKE AIR to return to normality.

You see Siarde, the Speaker yell, "Welcome, to our new Prime Minister!"

Thanks again to @Penwize for putting up with my annoyances, and @Elisella.
    (Savants): Political Administrator Chanakya says, "Reiloch has surrendered to the challenge from his successor, handing over the reins of power to Pyori."

Both in the same day!

• I've lost track of the number of people I've helped kill Archoura. I almost have it down to a science at this point.
  • edited January 2019
    Today I did nothing because irl birthday. Tomorrow I resume being a model citizen who is only MILDLY tempted by more active cities.
  • edited January 2019
    Happy birthday! 

I've literally been on the road going cross country since an hour before Mila was kicked from Targossas. 

Looking forward to some downtime to properly deal with a lot of things I couldn't handle while I was visiting IG family in Houston