What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Asmodron said:
    Mhaldor forum squad is a go!

Power up in the name of Sartan.

All heathens that insult or stand against us must be demolished.

We...are never wrong.
    Hey! I'm not Mhaldorian.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Asmodron said:
    Mhaldor forum squad is a go!

Power up in the name of Sartan.

All heathens that insult or stand against us must be demolished.

We...are never wrong.
    Hey! I'm not Mhaldorian.
    YET!
  • edited March 2018
    Cooper said:
    Just gonna say that mind sapiencing Asmodron during the entirety of this was hilarious.

OOC lies, OOC brought IC, metagaming via trying to convince everyone to issue Elisella, making up stuff IC...all just greatly entertaining. Thank you. 
    Cooper i knew you were using sapience. It was rather obvious with you standing a room away, head bowed, trying to look inconspicuous. Yes I told those that were annoyed with her actions to issue. Frankly I still stand by it.

You attempting to seem meaningful by using it was the laughable part :)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Asmodron said:
    Cooper said:
    Just gonna say that mind sapiencing Asmodron during the entirety of this was hilarious.

OOC lies, OOC brought IC, metagaming via trying to convince everyone to issue Elisella, making up stuff IC...all just greatly entertaining. Thank you. 
    Cooper i knew you were using sapience. It was rather obvious with you standing a room away, head bowed, trying to look inconspicuous. Yes I told those that were annoyed with her actions to issue. Frankly I still stand by it.

You attempting to seem meaningful by using it was the laughable part :)
    Better than you being laughable without trying?  =)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I got my city killed probably 150 times.

@Babel hey bb ;)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Anyone being shocked that Asmodron blatantly blurs OOC/IC and metagames clearly doesn't know him very well. Him trying to get Elisella in trouble and encouraging frivolous issues is even less shocking, sadly. Ah well.. *takes a sip from his phial as he watches*
  • So like here I was traipsing about the Eastern Ithmia and minding my own business. I kill a stag here. Kill a stag there. I asked Acrius if Mycen was home and all the sudden I was dangling from a tree. Imagine!
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• Reyson said:
    Trying to convince other people to issue for something non-issueable is far more toxic than people giving someone shit for telling other people to issue for something non-issueable. 
    Thought about this, and I disagree. Issuing brings the attention of the admins, and ultimately they decide what to do. The latter is just mob rule and plain bullying; furthermore, it adds to the stigma that issuing = bad.
     <3 
  • Completely disagree. There's fairly clear game rules. Issues are for people who go outside the game rules.

Issuing isn't bad.

Frivolously issuing, however, IS bad. 

And encouraging people to issue when you know full well nothing has been done that breaks said game rules is a joke.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Mathilda said:
    Reyson said:
    Trying to convince other people to issue for something non-issueable is far more toxic than people giving someone shit for telling other people to issue for something non-issueable. 
    Thought about this, and I disagree. Issuing brings the attention of the admins, and ultimately they decide what to do. The latter is just mob rule and plain bullying; furthermore, it adds to the stigma that issuing = bad.
    Telling people to not issue for things they shouldn't be issuing for (y'know, things in HELP ISSUES) is bullying? Is this going to be another one of your analogies when you compare killing someone in a game, to shooting someone IRL or something?

Issuing for breaking of rules (something that wasn't done in this situation) = good.
    Issuing because someone hurt your fragile feelings = bad.
    Issuing because you don't like that person, and they did something you don't like (but still not against the rules) = bad.

The latter two- things Reyson was talking about- are most definitely a waste of time. Saying "the admin will figure it out!" when you quite obviously know the person wasn't in the wrong in the first place, is a waste of admin time that could be spent elsewhere.

• Rules are clear and concise, but we all know of times when rules are broken and yet people are told never to mind, don't issue, it was "just a one-time thing"...until it happens again, and the same excuses are given.

Eventually people stop bothering to even issue, because the mindset of "nothing is going to get done about it, anyway" is so well-entrenched. Actually, not "eventually". We're already there. I'd personally prefer if people bring in admin attention so that rules can be enforced if needed rather than everyone just listlessly saying "things have always been this way". It's what made the whole ship trades fiasco so immense, that excuse.
     <3 
  • edited March 2018
    Rules weren't broken. Your comparison is flawed right from the very first line. You should probably read what was being posted about, instead of applying a blanket response to Reyson's singled-out post.

eta: No, we're not "already there" - plenty of people get punished from issues, that were filed for actual rule-breaking rather than someone's precious feelings getting hurt.

• Not in this scenario, no. But the incredibly hard support against issuing in general should be kept in check. Issues are not inherently bad, and people should not be discouraged from raising them. 
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Not in this scenario, no. But the incredibly hard support against issuing in general should be kept in check. Issues are not inherently bad, and people should not be discouraged from raising them. 
    A single issue brings it to the admin's attention, flooding them with issues, especially over something that has done nothing to break the rules is beyond stupid. I'm behind issuing when necessary, but this is not one of those times, nor is it even close to even worth mass-issuing.
  • edited March 2018
    Mathilda said:
    Not in this scenario, no. But the incredibly hard support against issuing in general should be kept in check. Issues are not inherently bad, and people should not be discouraged from raising them. 
    Correct, they shouldn't be... In situations that actually warrant them... You know, not this situation? The situation that is being posted about, and the one Reyson was referring to?

There is no hard support against "issuing in general" - I'm not sure what planet you're living on, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a single person that believes issuing shouldn't ever be done. Whereas you'll find a lot who share the view that issuing should only be done for actual rule-breaking. Which, again, isn't what's being posted about.

• Mathilda said:
    Rules are clear and concise, but we all know of times when rules are broken and yet people are told never to mind, don't issue, it was "just a one-time thing"...until it happens again, and the same excuses are given.

Eventually people stop bothering to even issue, because the mindset of "nothing is going to get done about it, anyway" is so well-entrenched. Actually, not "eventually". We're already there. I'd personally prefer if people bring in admin attention so that rules can be enforced if needed rather than everyone just listlessly saying "things have always been this way". It's what made the whole ship trades fiasco so immense, that excuse.

Just because your attitude is 'nothing is going to get done', doesn't mean it's the same across the board.

Again: If game rules are broken then people should be encouraged to issue.

If they are not, then they should not be. Which is what's happening here.

• When you see that the public reaction to issuing is usually "lol issue", it creates a negative connotation and makes using it, even when valid, less apealing. It's important to state that issuing is not bad, and should very much be used if you think a rule is clearly being violated.

Of course, it follows that you should be able pinpoint the rule that you think is being broken.
     <3 
  • I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

• That's not the public reaction to issuing. It's the public reaction to frivolous issuing. There's a very clear-cut difference.

What posts are you reading?

• Xaden said:
    Completely disagree. There's fairly clear game rules. Issues are for people who go outside the game rules.

Issuing isn't bad.

And encouraging people to issue when you know full well nothing has been done that breaks said game rules is a joke.
    In another IRE game, I once issued someone for 100%-did-not-read-pk-rules issuing. It was along the lines of 'This person killed me in Annwyn. They have no reason to kill me.'

I got smacked down.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Woah, this is getting toxic (again). Here's some puppies.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Xaden said:
    Mathilda said:
    Rules are clear and concise, but we all know of times when rules are broken and yet people are told never to mind, don't issue, it was "just a one-time thing"...until it happens again, and the same excuses are given.

Just because your attitude is 'nothing is going to get done', doesn't mean it's the same across the board.

Again: If game rules are broken then people should be encouraged to issue.

If they are not, then they should not be. Which is what's happening here.
    Firstly, it's not the only thing happening here. It's entirely possible to convey the thought of "nothing was done that is worthy of an issue" without all the shade that came with the posts, and from multiple people to boot.

Second, as stated it my above posts, what I am doing is clarifying that issuing inherently is not a bad thing. This is necessary because, as has been demonstrated, there is such a negative connotation to issuing that it also discourages valid ones.
     <3 
  • Klendathu said:
    Woah, this is getting toxic (again). Here's some puppies.
    Wrong Puppies.

Image result for show us the puppies WWE

• Frivolous issuing is like that is harassment.

It's generally done in the hopes that that the target's fear of losing issues will change their perfectly legal behavior. It's akin to my filing bogus lawsuits against you in the hopes that you will decide that capitulation is easier than lawyering up and fighting them. 
  • Tysandr said:
    Xaden said:
    Completely disagree. There's fairly clear game rules. Issues are for people who go outside the game rules.

Issuing isn't bad.

In another IRE game, I once issued someone for 100%-did-not-read-pk-rules issuing. It was along the lines of 'This person killed me in Annwyn. They have no reason to kill me.'

I got smacked down.
    This! This is just how it should be. You've got idiots issuing for non-issuable offences and they need to be slapped down. 

Then there people who encourage these people to issue, who are a worse problem because generally speaking they are experienced players who should know better.