What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Today has reminded me massively why I went dormant. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Today has reminded me massively why I went dormant. 
    Details 
  • Morthif said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Today has reminded me massively why I went dormant. 
    Details 
    plz
  • Mmm, you're definitely in a rut.

Whenever I get into that mood I either change completely what I do when I login or...take a break.

Remember this is about fun. Try to find it how you can
  • Sobriquet said:
    A lot of things that Oz agrees with.

I'm really with you on this one, I honestly just hunt now, which is fun and all, but I don't need to be Hashani to do that, I don't really need to be anything to do that.  I just feel really disconnected with the majority of the realms, and generally sit back just jealous at things like Babel showing up, or even Sartan voluntolding people to raid.  
  • Sobriquet said:
    Oh, no big event or drama specifically, but I had that moment looking up from screen last night that Penny had in BBT after spending hours gaming. (Only mine didn't include Howard trying it on with me). 

There is a certain monotony at the moment that has become tiresome and losing it's spark. I find I'm logging in just to log in and not really doing anything in particular, the raids are the same people doing pretty much the same thing at the same place and mostly at the same time. Not blaming them, of course, but for me I'm becoming apathetic to any of the events which is probably exacerbated by being on the losing side more often than not, both offensive and defensive. Internal conflict on how to approach these things also doesn't help.

We have some great conflict going on with Aegis Order, but not following Twilight I'm on the periphery of that and finding it difficult to care. Playing with Mhaldor was great for a period but inevitably died down. Due to (Possibly) one person's actions, every time I've entered Targ recently we've had guards on us before any melee and it seems pretty pointless (Again, this isn't a complaint just a statement).

1 v 1 combat has hit a black or white stage for me, either I steamroller people or get streamrolled myself. The last two decent fights I had were Dalran and Anze a couple of months ago, both of which I lost but thoroughly enjoyed as both could have gone either way.  This isn't helped by the fact I can't code for shit and SVO not supporting Multiclass when I have Runie (4 x Spec), Jester, Firelord as well as Dragon is a huge pain in the arse.

It's difficult to say "I'm not enjoying this" without it seeming like I'm putting the onus on others or complaining, I'm not at all as most of the above can be solved by myself, but I've just got to that point where I log in and think "What am I doing here when I could be doing something else elsewhere". 
    As @Asmodron said, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. There are a few other good games out right now that might break up gaming monotony for you. Personally I've been playing Monster Hunter World and it's a nice break from social interacting or thinking--just full on button mashing monster slaying action  :)

Alternatively I've visited my RL city library recently which is probably the first I've stepped into one in well over 8 years. The cool part about that is I'll pick a few books and begin to read. Then from those books I get inspired for some pretty cool RP and then I'm charged with playing Achaea again, all organically. 

The moment you feel like you have to log in and do something, the activity becomes a chore. Time away and inspiration just might be what you need to get you back into something exciting in game!
  • edited March 2018
    New path of exile league if you wanna mindlessly grind it out of your system. I tend to find something else and then without fail I get the itch. 

• That rut can be temporarily cured by taking a month off. This happens to me frequently, which is where getting bored and org hopping come in. Instead of doing that, just take a break. When you decide to come back, all things are fresh for a little while!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Sobriquet said:
    but I've just got to that point where I log in and think "What am I doing here when I could be doing something else elsewhere". 
    I've been stuck at this point where some aspects of the game are fun and still draw me in, but other parts have stopped being fun long ago, and I am reminded of that at certain times each day I play. It really puts a damper on everything, even those things I should/could be enjoying. That causes me to ask myself often why I am here right now. And worse, I keep putting off making some changes that I need to make because it's so much easier not to. 
  • Go DW!
  • Definitely had that with myself lately.  It's been getting better due to me picking up other hobbies and playing less.  When I do play, it's less often and a bit more sporadic, but I feel like I actually want to -do- stuff.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I sharpened my swords and started a list.
  • You rip into an unravelling mummy with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain an unravelling mummy, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 109.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Stratum of Puissance.

• Nice Deliverance!
  • Got to 3v4 and 3v7 Eleusis before bed. Anze and Crixos are pro
  • Tasuu said:
    Got to 3v4 and 3v7 Eleusis before bed. Anze and Crixos are pro
    Scary locking combo that! And really well executed on locking and moving on to the next target. Will remember to keep passive cure ON next time!
  • Pastebin'd myself.

Who is Shodri?
  • Slowly ticking off which classes water is bad against... ihy Depthswalker. 

• More then 2 depthswalkers in a group is ridiculously painful. 
  • Only balances out Occultist, imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I don't even notice Depthswalkers as particularly painful. I think all the years of facing Truename just put it all into perspective. I mean, you have Aeon, and then you have 2x Kai choke plus 2x Aeon all in a single attack...
  • edited March 2018
    Oh I was talking 1v1. Water doesn’t really have hinder so I just ate a shit ton of affs real fast. No need to derail this thread. 

• Oh I was just complaining about depthswalker 
  • But derailing is what we all do best!
  • I was on topic >:(

• Depthswalkers need to get their balls chopped off for certain. Hopefully a full scale evisceration of all their utility will happen soon to make factionals relevant again
  • I just hate aeon on burst. Needs to be shut down. It's not fun to go up against.