What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Success!
  • But... I'm lovely :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    edited October 2017
    Elipise said:
    Aralaya said:
    I will never understand, why small children lick the icing off of cupcakes and throw the cupcake away.

@Aralaya
    My aunt used to sell muffins. Plenty of fond memories of enjoying those while she and my mother chilled out. Rest in peace; you were pretty messed up on way too many drugs and I hope you are in a better place. 

On a more positive note; I am finding some pretty awesome chicks and having a lot of fun with them and a lot of fun with my Rackham. And my dear sweet @Rackham, you are absolutely awesome. And thank you to the people comforting both me and Kriem. It means a lot to me. You are great. And to my enemies; I absolutely love to fight against you. Always fun.  Paranoia is a struggle that sucks but I know I can overcome this and someday completely wrap it away and keep it under control for good. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Just imagine if you were a Nexus user:

• Krypton said:
    Just imagine if you were a Nexus user:

• Kogan said:
    Vender said:
    it was varying degrees of 5v1 and 3v1 and i got some kills

edit: i am happy that i gave a cyrenian something exciting to do but i find it odd that you're gloating about guarding one person and then teaming him with overwhelming numbers. also the brazier was intended to poke at you and some of the yanks were successful.
    I didn't feel like he was gloating really. Have to understand some of the people here only do combat when an enemy is in while a few of us may look for it elsewhere also. I see how it could be taken as gloating, but I think he was just excited that he had fun doing a bit of combat with you and was pumped to come out of it with a kill after chasing you down a while.
    ^^ This. First post was meant as more of a "here's something that happened to me today, written up in a slightly amusing manner" than a gloating "lol rekt $NAME with guards, git gud scrub".

The second post was written after we'd gone back and forth for an hour or so, and I was excited and maybe a little smug about coming through it alive. Nothing personal.

• Kiet said:
    I've lost a lot of interest in group combat lately because it's always just massive groups given everyone swarmed to a single city and most of the others got kinda screwed with even having fighters so we can't usually pick fights with them.
    They didn't 'get screwed', they 'screwed themselves'. There is a difference.
  • KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    edited October 2017
    Kiet said:
    I've lost a lot of interest in group combat lately because it's always just massive groups given everyone swarmed to a single city and most of the others got kinda screwed with even having fighters so we can't usually pick fights with them.

But the extra struggle when being outnumbered or disadvantaged is fun! And when you can overcome it and win anyway, the feeling of accomplishment is unparalleled. 
  • Nazihk said:
    Kiet said:
    I mean, it doesn't matter, and whose fault it is is irrelevant (it's hardly Targ's). The end result is the same.
  • Kiet said:
    Nazihk said:
    Kiet said:
    I mean, it doesn't matter, and whose fault it is is irrelevant (it's hardly Targ's). The end result is the same.
    Yeah, unfortunately this always happens with whoever the top dog happens to be. It was Ashtan for a long time and we saw the same thing happen. Before that it was Mhaldor and again, the same thing. Not sure there's anything to do about other than deny people entrance, which is pretty lame. Or maybe just make it much harder to get in. But on the other hand, what faction is going to intentionally nerf their populations? I don't think anyone would, myself included.

• edited October 2017
    Idk, we deny a lot of people (which sometimes annoys me because then they end up in targ or somewhere useless to us), but I really doubt the other 5 cities want to be as picky.

The real solution is for people to actually pick cities based on roleplay or being underdog rather than trying to stomp hardest, but we know that for a lot of people that'll never happen. That's not to imply the core of each city isn't there for rp, of course, it's just that there's always a handful or two of people that are definitely not in whatever the current big city is. Given how small Achaea is, a handful is often all you need.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Wait so I shouldn't have denied Xias for an incomplete application so that Targ wouldn't have their new token only-one-not-dragon?
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Or you could not be so picky....

This is a game after all. Being picky only makes the whole “Mhaldor has a clique” thing more obvious.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    For the record: 3 people have been denied while I've been Amby (which was... June I think?)

2 for incomplete applications.
    1 because he had been kicked out previously for harassment of females within Mhaldor at a level that he should have been issued over tbqh.

We really don't deny people often and we haven't denied a single person who has applied since Herenicus started records that I can check except the above who have turned in a completed application that follows our publically available rules. So idk what Kiet is talking about, really. Unless he's talkingabout cases from prior to... March.

And the 2 incompletes weren't official rejections, both were told what they were missing and told to resubmit with the missing information.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • He wasn't willing to actually do the basic part of applying to be a citizen - talk to 2 people willing to vouch for you. When no one knows the person and there is no bad history, anyone will do it. He wouldn't talk to anyone so his application was denied.

• Atalkez said:
    Or you could not be so picky....

This is a game after all. Being picky only makes the whole “Mhaldor has a clique” thing more obvious.
    Mhaldor is about being picky, though. I'd rather be picky and small than huge and with no standards, as far as Mhaldor goes.

We're also not unreasonably picky, most of the time. We're picky if you're like a recent traitor that we have no reason to trust, and the whole conflicting orders thing is sometimes an issue.  Like Hataru said, we don't actually deny people that often--it's just that other cities basically don't deny people at all so it stands out by comparison.

It'd be pretty ridiculous for Mhaldor to just accept everyone unconditionally, though, then the entire RP is thrown out the window.
  • edited October 2017
    We deny 'a lot' of people (compared to the other cities, not on an objective scale imo) over the years, we don't deny that many people over X timescale. I think we've only outright denied 2 people over the past RL year , plus one implied denial that decided not to apply over it. That's out of a few dozen apps.
  • Lol okay dude. You spun some bs and it blew back in your face. It’s okay, it happens to most of us.

Outside of traitors within the last irl few months, I don’t see any reason to be ‘picky’. You can claim some holier than thou RP if you want to, I don’t care. 

With our population so small, you can’t afford to turn away people who are actually interested.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2017
    That
    1) Mhaldor denies apps more than the other cities
    and
    2) This still isn't a very large number, given other cities basically don't deny apps

are both true statements. You'll have to pardon Mhaldor for not taking the RP advice of someone who  by his own admission doesn't prioritize RP that highly!
  • Not exactly an open letter to Mhaldor RP here boss. I’m just here to point out your bs factory.

• all right then, time to start blocking applications :sunglasses:
  • We have had a decent number of people who have not completed our citizenship process after applying. I do not really consider them "denied," though...

Most cities probably do not citizen people who do not finish their citizenship process.

• Probably for the best not to talk about issues here!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You brought up their name on an OOC clan and mentioned the issue, you're already breaking the rules. I wouldn't push it further.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited October 2017
    Klendathu said:
    Spent far and away too much time turning this (not my rankings mining, in case you're wondering):

into this:

Look, all the numbers line up so the units are in the units column, the tens in the tens column, etc!

I understand the pain. :(

Back when Mudlet was 2.1, I carried so many helper functions for every module I wrote. Thankfully 3.0+ has a few more inbuilt.

God damn you leftpad/rightpad. God damn you.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."