What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• @Eleusis, if it's one person exterminating don't send 6+ dragons, kinda lame
  • edited March 2016
    Well, since I never seem to see my friends anymore I've been busy doing other things. ;o;

2102 lessons away from full trans!

+-Skills for Naliah-----------------------------------------------------------+
    | Class Skills                                                                |
    |   Devotion                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Chivalry                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Weaponmastery               100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    | General Skills                                                              |
    |   Vision                       61%  ###############----------        Fabled |
    |   Avoidance                   100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Tattoos                      32%  ########-----------------        Expert |
    |   Survival                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Weaponry                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Riding                      100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Battlerage                  100%  #########################  Transcendent |

And finally beat Atalkez!

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Disemboweled Successfully
    You have no victim impaled to be able to perform a disembowelment.
     3500h 3500m 99%e 100%w |EE M  2 0 0-0 13 1-13 13:42:09.530
    [Curing]: SMOKE MALACHITE
    You take a long drag of malachite off your pipe.
     3500h 3500m 99%e 100%w |EE M  2 0 0-0 13 1-13 13:42:09.623
    Your ferocity decreases.
     3500h 3500m 99%e 100%w |EE M  2 0 0-0 13 1-13 13:42:09.623
    A Mhojave falcon rips out a chunk of Atalkez's flesh with its beak.

You have triumped over:  Atalkez
    Defeated, Atalkez is cast out of the Arena.

Yaaay. -Sobs- Come back, my friends.

Even Atalkez knows! (Taken out of context)

Atalkez says, "What friends?"
    ;o;
    Wise men choose death before war..
    Wiser men choose never to be born..
  • Exxia said:
    @Eleusis, if it's one person exterminating don't send 6+ dragons, kinda lame
    Everyone in Eleusis gets a warning about extermination, and the RP encourages a swift and overwhelming response to extermination when possible.  If you want smaller conflicts, defile a shrine instead of extermination.  Exterminating is generally a flag that you want a larger scale engagement.
  • Penwize said:
    Exxia said:
    Everyone in Eleusis gets a warning about extermination, and the RP encourages a swift and overwhelming response to extermination when possible.  If you want smaller conflicts, defile a shrine instead of extermination.  Exterminating is generally a flag that you want a larger scale engagement.
    Also, just tested this theory with three defiling in Mhojave - (Party): Proficy says, "Achimrst, Kristov, Deladan, Alrena, Mycen, Miriew, Vlyublen, Utianima and Exelethril (9) ENTERED the Mhojave Desert!"
  • Myth busted!
  • Err, that's because you guys escalated it so they escalated in response.  Of course that's going to happen.  Started with just Mycen responding, but when Proficy brought Medi in, Mycen called for more people, and it snowballed from there as you called in more people as well.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Wait... You can exterminate the desert??

•            
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • Medi said:
    Penwize said:
    Exxia said:
    Also, just tested this theory with three defiling in Mhojave - (Party): Proficy says, "Achimrst, Kristov, Deladan, Alrena, Mycen, Miriew, Vlyublen, Utianima and Exelethril (9) ENTERED the Mhojave Desert!"
    - 2016/03/16 21:17:16 - Vanquisher Medi Dracrotalus's Baalzadeen has severed Mycen's soul from her body, ending her life with agonising pain.
    - 2016/03/16 21:17:20 - Kristov Veranius, Initiate of the Ithmia has battered Proficy to death.
    - 2016/03/16 21:19:09 - Mycen has been ruthlessly cut down by the Avenging Arrow Champion.
    - 2016/03/16 21:19:35 - Kristov dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Cooper Ikari, Crusher of Wills.
    - 2016/03/16 21:20:14 - Alrena has been ruthlessly cut down by the Avenging Arrow Champion.
    - 2016/03/16 21:20:29 - Alrena has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Cooper Ikari, Crusher of Wills.
    - 2016/03/16 21:20:34 - Patroklos has been slain by the might of a multicoloured boa constrictor.
    - 2016/03/16 21:20:47 - Exelethril has been ruthlessly cut down by the Avenging Arrow Champion.
    - 2016/03/16 21:20:54 - Exelethril dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Vanquisher Medi Dracrotalus.
    - 2016/03/16 21:21:14 - Exelethril has been ruthlessly cut down by the Avenging Arrow Champion.
    - 2016/03/16 21:21:38 - Deladan dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Cooper Ikari, Crusher of Wills.
    - 2016/03/16 21:22:05 - Mycen's life has been frozen and shattered by Vanquisher Medi Dracrotalus.
    - 2016/03/16 21:22:19 - Miriew dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Cooper Ikari, Crusher of Wills.
    - 2016/03/16 21:22:27 - Miriew has been ruthlessly cut down by the Avenging Arrow Champion.

The real reason I joined.
  • So it's okay to bring 3x the people as long as you die a little first :open_mouth:

For real, though, even fights for defiling is sooo 2004, it just ain't gonna happen unless you defile one of the orders with like 1 member.
  • This issue runs both ways, and from all Orders.

I walk in > defile, 2 dudes show up, I call 1, 2 more show up. That's just how it is, especially if you have Order members reporting defilements to AT/CT/PT. You get randoms joining for the quick fight.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Medi said:
    Penwize said:
    Exxia said:
    Eh, if you guys want a fairer scale of conflict, send a message to the person in charge and see if they'll oblige - I would gladly. As it is, shrine warfare = gather as many ASAP then rush to protect the shrine.

In the initial engagement, Alrena and I were in a separate party and responded, ended up fighting 2 vs 4(you, Cooper, Proficy, Jarrod) while the other party straggled in and got picked off without being grouped. It's just routine response, nothing personal.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Atalkez said:
    This issue runs both ways, and from all Orders.

I walk in > defile, 2 dudes show up, I call 1, 2 more show up. That's just how it is, especially if you have Order members reporting defilements to AT/CT/PT. You get randoms joining for the quick fight.
    I think it's expected to defend shrines/etc based on how all the cities are factionalized.

• Penwize said:
    Err, that's because you guys escalated it so they escalated in response.  Of course that's going to happen.  Started with just Mycen responding, but when Proficy brought Medi in, Mycen called for more people, and it snowballed from there as you called in more people as well.
    You know you have a party when Mycen starts snowballing.

• Medi said:
    Bottom line is, good luck finding 'small skirmishes' anymore. The best I've gotten lately was the 2v2 with Anedhel and Lianice. It takes a lot of discipline? patience? respect? for that sort of no-interference group fighting to take place anymore. And I understand the reality of it, you don't know who exactly is exterming/defiling, so you grab whoever and show up. Sometimes you have more, sometimes less. Defiling and extermination isn't really about getting a -fair- fight. (So quit trying to make it sound plausible)
    If you're looking for a small skirmish, you could try declaring your intent by sending an OOC tell/msg, "// Hey, up for a small scale skirmish?". Obviously, not everyone is up for that(non-combatants) so you'll have to deal with a bigger group if there aren't any combatant leaders around.

A large initial uncoordinated response is what you should usually expect by random defenders(the string of easy picks that the 4 of you got earlier) until someone takes the reins and combines the parties, which is when you should probably step in or get crushed, if you want the conflict to continue in the manner that you're looking for - since either side can't exactly gauge how many the other side has standing by either.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Atalkez said:
    This issue runs both ways, and from all Orders.

Yeah it runs every way, no doubt. A few individuals try to do it otherwise but that's not org-specific.
  • When you initiate the conflict via defiling or raiding, you don't really get to pick and choose how many respond.

@Exelethril Jarrod wasn't there during that afaik, he wasn't in our party and he's no where in any of my logs.

The REALLY annoying thing is how Eleusis (lead by Florentino, and to a lesser extent Mycen and Deladan) has been shoving themselves into fights lately. And by shoving themselves into fights, I mean backstabbing/ganking us while it's 100% clear we're fighting someone else. It happens in Annwyn/UW, in regular areas, outside/in Targossas, outside/in Mhaldor when we're being raided, etc.

Just don't come crying when we start to gank people ruthlessly 5v1 anytime we see people who do that shit outside of a city. That is, if we can ever find those people outside the city alone. (lol)

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Sounds like what some Mhaldorians are fond of doing sometimes when we are raiding somewhere else.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Stop going round-robin from city to city and it probably wouldn't happen.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Naliah said:
    Winner
    Your SnB Paladin is crazy :p I had to fly so much.
    Was fun, congrats on your first! I need to go live on monk mountain and come down with some wisdom.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • @Cooper : Jarrod was there. Have you tried talking to them?

Though tbh, that sort of "I gank you while you/your group are fighting other people/denizens" behavior then refusing to duel later/remaining silent is the sort of cowardly response I get from @Xer/@Hasar too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Lady Pandora's Lottery 28 finally came to a close! We didn't break even like we'd hoped, but we got a lot closer thanks to some very generous buyers. Seragorn and I passed out our prizes to random participants since we'd only bought tickets to contribute gold to the Order, not to win... even though several of us Order members already donated a huge chunk of prizes (and even some non-order members). So thanks to the donators and participants, and congrats to the winners!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Medi I hate you for real, leave me alone.

Also 

The Black Dragon Florentino's imposing form looms. The Black Dragon Cooper's imposing form looms. The Silver Dragon 
    Yerf's imposing form looms. The Blue Dragon Miriew's imposing form looms. The Silver Dragon 
    Everley's imposing form looms. The Golden Dragon Mycen's imposing form looms. The Black Dragon 
    Shirszae's imposing form looms. The Silver Dragon Exelethril's imposing form looms. Proficy, the 
    Merciful is here, sprawled on the floor. His features are obscured by a protective cloth mask 
    beneath the raised hood of a set of alchemical robes.

Verse proficy, Kiet, Cooper, and I....7 dragons!!! LMFAO! 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    If you don't like it, then simply don't do it. Extermination spam is annoying as hell and -everyone- gets it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.