What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Jacen said:
    @Sobriquet @Jonathinproper response in this situation is

I'm also not a fan of the whole "this should have been done IC" thing. #1, you make a stupid public policy, its gonna get publicly critiqued. #2, stupid policies shouldn't have to go through IC bureaucratic month-long BS to get revoked. "Take it IC" = "yeah, we might get around to changing it at some point." Leaders should be able to take the critique, recognize the bad decision, and fix it without delay.

There is a significant amount of information that is missing from this forum RP, guys. It will work itself out. It'll be fine. Let's go back to actually talking about what happened to us today, instead of arguing about a city's politics. 

@Aegoth , @Kiet, @Austere I recognize you guys actually care about us and are trying to make us awesome and quite frankly that warms my heart. <3

What happened to me today? I found out Hashan matters.
  • Jukilian said:
    That quote is honestly a terrible way of thinking and behaving
    Depends on the circumstances. It's true that you shouldn't do this all the time as that just leads to people mistrusting you and thinking, at best, that you're a loose cannon.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Kasa said:
    Jacen said:
    @Sobriquet @Jonathinproper response in this situation is

I'm also not a fan of the whole "this should have been done IC" thing. #1, you make a stupid public policy, its gonna get publicly critiqued. #2, stupid policies shouldn't have to go through IC bureaucratic month-long BS to get revoked. "Take it IC" = "yeah, we might get around to changing it at some point." Leaders should be able to take the critique, recognize the bad decision, and fix it without delay.

There is a significant amount of information that is missing from this forum RP, guys. It will work itself out. It'll be fine. Let's go back to actually talking about what happened to us today, instead of arguing about a city's politics. 

@Aegoth , @Kiet, @Austere I recognize you guys actually care about us and are trying to make us awesome and quite frankly that warms my heart. <3

What happened to me today? I found out Hashan matters.
    @Kasa Wha no love?

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Regarding raid leadership there are some hard coded things that could apply.  You need a certain rank to detonate and disarm a tank.  If Hashan doesnt have any of those around then it could make sense.  Or they need to promote a few people.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Kayeil said:
    A while back someone had asked to buy 100 of each color ink (besides black) from me, and I sent it to them, and they retired before payment... well today they made good on that by giving me 95k through a friend of theirs and apologized.  :3 Makes me feel better about the whole thing, and future transactions.

Note to self: next time, get paid first. then deliver the goods.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Utianima said:
    Kayeil said:
    A while back someone had asked to buy 100 of each color ink (besides black) from me, and I sent it to them, and they retired before payment... well today they made good on that by giving me 95k through a friend of theirs and apologized.  :3 Makes me feel better about the whole thing, and future transactions.

That doesn't always work. I once paid Mako over half a million gold for a mineral order that he never filled. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Kyrra said:
    Utianima said:
    Kayeil said:

That doesn't always work. I once paid Mako over half a million gold for a mineral order that he never filled. 
    Doesn't that fall under scams? :/

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• if only there was a TRADE command....... Oh wait.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Man, today was a weird day. That's about all I got to say about it. Weird.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yeah weird but it was fun to slay those seamonsters like a real family. Take that pirates and raiders!

• Really getting our arses handed to us by @Exxia and @Ainly makes me think seriously about learning some combat. Then again, with lots of writing to do, and seeing how much time and love the good people invest, maybe I'll just continue to write clothing sketches. Ta!
  • Magenta said:
    Really getting our arses handed to us by @Exxia and @Ainly makes me think seriously about learning some combat. Then again, with lots of writing to do, and seeing how much time and love the good people invest, maybe I'll just continue to write clothing sketches. Ta!
    you guys did great!
    Designing is fun! You can be a combat clothier! Would love to see your stuff sometime!
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Just as an aside... it certainly CAN work like that in a democracy, that's kind of the beauty OF a democracy. You, as a leader, have the ability to institute changes - even radical ones. And if the masses agree with it, great, you'll develop a whole new supporting base. If they don't, they'll vote you out.

You're a leader for a reason - don't be afraid to change stuff, especially if you believe it's for the better of the organisation.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited February 2016
    Poor Carmell could vouch for me, but I don't think any of the people who endured me as HL would say I was fearful of radical change. I probably changed things a bit too much, looking at it, but I think it wound up being worth the headache. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • She meant the Hashan stuff
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Aodfionn said:
    Poor Carmell could vouch for me, but I don't think any of the people who endured me as HL would say I was fearful of radical change. I probably changed things a bit too much, looking at it, but I think it wound up being worth the headache. 
    yea I wasn't talking about you, mang

• Taraus said:
    Just as an aside... it certainly CAN work like that in a democracy, that's kind of the beauty OF a democracy. You, as a leader, have the ability to institute changes - even radical ones. And if the masses agree with it, great, you'll develop a whole new supporting base. If they don't, they'll vote you out.

You're a leader for a reason - don't be afraid to change stuff, especially if you believe it's for the better of the organisation.
    Hashan's leadership doesn't work like that, you have to get the others leaders to agree on a change like this, you can't just change it and then go 'well I did it, deal with it. It's part of the founding canon and basically staple rules that are very hard to change.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yeaaah. Vote for Mosr.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Aodfionn said:
    After 26 years as Herald, I got to step down today. 

No regrets. I worked my ass off. Wasn't the best house leader, but I was as good as I could figure out how to be. 

Major love and thanks to @Aurora for giving a new convert the chance to try and make something out of the Harbingers. I get to retire as the longest-tenured HL in Targ's brief history, and I get to go out seeing the Harbingers be so many leaps and bounds ahead of where they were when we were first starting out. 

Today was an Ice Cube good day. 
    I first thought this said you stepped down as Deacon and I was like "Woo-hoo", imagine my disappointment when I logged in and saw that my first thought wasn't true. </3

Just kidding, enjoy your herald retirement! <3
  • I had a really sincere, personal conversation with a protege I've had for just about a decade IC, and it reminded me of why mentor/protege relationships can be really truly awesome if both parties give a shit. <3
  • edited February 2016
    Unsurprisingly had a god step in to stop us from raiding their temple after we killed all their non-divine defenders :chuffed:

Pretty sure we all expected it though so no big deal/hard feelings, just funny to watch the giant spam of everyone getting volcanod. Funniest part was having no magnesium and tanking a serpent while trying to portal out though
  • I made my second (or was it third?) try at home-made mayonnaise.  It was as good as the legends say.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • Peregrino said:
    I made my second (or was it third?) try at home-made mayonnaise.  It was as good as the legends say.
    Home-made mayonnaise is no joke. I've done it a few times.

Tuesday I celebrated my 30th, Wednesday I recovered (sushi coma), today I got my Doctor Who coloring book. I'm a kid still, deal with it B)
    meh

• Kiet said:
    Unsurprisingly had a god step in to stop us from raiding their temple after we killed all their non-divine defenders :chuffed:

Pretty sure we all expected it though so no big deal/hard feelings, just funny to watch the giant spam of everyone getting volcanod. Funniest part was having no magnesium and tanking a serpent while trying to portal out though
    Yeah, I feel like when you invade a gods temple you are kind of asking to be stomped. Usually there is time for a little fun while you're on the inside. Exploring or whatever. Maybe getting some valuable intelligence or getting to see things from behind the veil. What else would you be hoping the outcome would be? Destroying their religion and claiming dominance once and for all? Taking over their order and reworking it from the ground up to fit your ideals?
  • edited February 2016
    I didn't say we expected anything else! I've been getting owned by gods for entering their temples for too long to expect them to ignore it.