May 5 Classleads

13»

Comments

• Agrias said: 

Runelorists can still runebind and dragonform. Algiz functions against adventurer and denizen damage. But only to a Runelorist.

Do you ever read what people write?

• Agrias said:

Runelorists can still runebind and dragonform. Algiz functions against adventurer and denizen damage. But only to a Runelorist.

Let me help you there, buddy.

• Cooper said:

Do you ever read what people write?

Agrias said:
    It. Only. Works. Against. Denizen. Damage. Now. 
    Agrias said:
    Algiz is completely a hunting rune now.

@Cooper yes.

If you're going to insist on trolling me on a daily basis, I'm going to have to ask that you do it better.

• It is a completely hunting rune.

Unless you're the runelorist. It was pretty clear he was talking about non runelore, and clarified further by stating it works vs adventurers if you have runelore.

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Just to clarify, can't dform and have algiz help you against adventurers. In dform it's also just denizens even if you are a runist in lesser.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • > @Wessux said:
    > Just to clarify, can't dform and have algiz help you against adventurers. In dform it's also just denizens even if you are a runist in lesser.
    Maybe in theory but its giving me around 10% lesser 7 or 8% dform at the moment. Possibly bugged
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

It's gotta be bugged.  Priest can't keep their blessings through Dragonform which is totally stupid.  Then we just have to find someone to bless us.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2014
    Carmell said:

It's gotta be bugged.  Priest can't keep their blessings through Dragonform which is totally stupid.  Then we just have to find someone to bless us.

Why is this stupid? Reducto absurdum: monks should still keep weathering, toughness and all other class "fire and forget" abilities when drgonforming, tarot users can fling pre-charged cards when in dragonform. Dragons used to have class abilities instead of dragoncraft, it was a big No. 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Blessings can be third person
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Yeah. I had no clue if Algiz functioned the same in dragonform. But you keep the rune, and for the runebind duration, if you have the ability.
  • > @Agrias said:
    > Yeah. I had no clue if Algiz functioned the same in dragonform. But you keep the rune, and for the runebind duration, if you have the ability.

If that's the case, priests should be able to keep their blessings. Both runes and blessings can be used by any class.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited May 2014
    Priest dragons would still have a pretty huge advantage, being 4 seconds away from earth shield at all times.

IMO, -nothing- class related should be usable or carried over in dragon, in the interest of fairness and dragon class balance. Also, the last thing in the world dragon needs (as a class) is even easier access to more damage mitigation.

Sent by Meletus

5/07/23:42 Greetings! In regard to issue 68658, algiz will no longer work vs adventurers in dragonform, regardless of that dragon's lesserform class!

Now everyone stop talking. 

• That's not what people were talking about at all.

It's the difference between runing yourself in lesser and dragonforming (you keep the runes), and Priest blessing yourself in lesser and dragonforming (you don't keep the blessings). Personally I don't like Priest blessings, more buffs you can give to allies is a bit obnoxious to deal with, especially factional ones (and the implications they cause in fights later that don't have those priests in them).

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

The conversation devolved into how its not fair that runes stay but priests blessings don't. And the fact that people were saying it's giving a buff or supposed to continue to do so. Now the world is clear that it doesn't help you in dform (for adventures) and that it's "fair" again. Miss information bugs me and the forums are a breeding ground for it. Trying to stop it in the womb.

• Out of interest and relevant to this, what happens with Alchemists and Empower when they dragonform?

(It's called empower, right? Gods I suck, played an Alchy alt for over a year and can't remember the damn ability name)

• Empower persists through dragonform, both on alchemists and people they give it to, last I checked

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

You lose priest blessings when you dform but keep blessings when you lesserform.  The alchemist astronomy thingy stays with you when you dform and lesserform until you die/burst (and I assume mog or soulcage).

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Siduri said:

I just want to pop up and doff my hat to the changes to sileris, pipe balance, and flay envenoming. Honestly, this will certainly affect the offensive strategies of serpents, and I dare think positively: by making the sileris and rebounding mechanism remain useful, yes counterable, you open the door to more interesting battles.

Pipe changes are awesome, Now if I can just find a way to abuse pipe balances with damnation..

• Jarrod said:

That's not what people were talking about at all.

It's the difference between runing yourself in lesser and dragonforming (you keep the runes), and Priest blessing yourself in lesser and dragonforming (you don't keep the blessings). Personally I don't like Priest blessings, more buffs you can give to allies is a bit obnoxious to deal with, especially factional ones (and the implications they cause in fights later that don't have those priests in them).

I would personally rather all class-based defences be stripped when you dragonform, but would settle for consistency.  Either all stay or all go, in my book.

[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Wessux said:

Sent by Meletus

5/07/23:42 Greetings! In regard to issue 68658, algiz will no longer work vs adventurers in dragonform, regardless of that dragon's lesserform class!

in dform:

Azaxel touches you with her withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    (-807h, 11.0%)

You smudge the algiz rune off yourself.

Azaxel touches you with her withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    (-867h, 11.8%)

Now everyone keep arguing.
    Kafziel said:
    Wessux said:

Sent by Meletus

in dform:

(-807h, 11.0%)

You smudge the algiz rune off yourself.

(-867h, 11.8%)

Now everyone keep arguing.

Bug it, cause it's a bug of the bugging kind.