May 5 Classleads

Apostasy
--------
* CORRUPT has been added to the skill.
Chivalry
--------
* GRIPPING a weapon will still allow it to be sheathed. Also applies to Blademasters.
Devotion
--------
* ILLUMINATE range has been vastly increased.
* ILLUMINATE has had its devotion, equilibrium, and willpower costs reduced.
* PENITENCE has had its devotion and equilibrium costs reduced.
* PENITENCE will return devotion to the bestower, regardless of who lands the killing blow.
* Various other small tweaks and bugfixes to PENITENCE to ensure that it fires consistently.
Domination
----------
* DANAEUS now gives vertigo affliction.
* NEMESIS will now give epilepsy instead of vertigo.
* SKYRAX will now correctly take the target off-balance when hit.
* AB DOMINATION <entity> will now bring up the corresponding ability.
Elementalism
------------
* THORNREND has had its damage formula reworked.
* THORNREND (when targeted against a body part) will now do more damage against prone targets and 
less against standing.
* LACERATE damage now scales with intelligence.
* LACERATE equilibrium cost has been slightly reduced.
* GEYSER will now correctly take the target off-balance when hit.
Evileye
-------
* TRUESTARE now has a defence component that will allow the apostate to stare through their mindseye 
while blind.
Healing
-------
* DISRUPT no longer has a cooldown.
* Afflictions caused by DISRUPT are now curable with lobelia/argentum.
Misc./General
-------------
[Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (43% shown)]
6570h, 3776m|100%m, 100%e, 100%w,  kai, ex, 0.5%, cdbkr|0/0|16/8|0/10|42- 
[File continued via MORE]
* Myrrh now increases the number of lessons one can learn in a session by five.
* The CLASS queue has been added to the queueing system for class-specific balances.
* The EQBAL queue has been added to the queueing system for abilities that require balance and 
equilibrium.
* WORLDBURN duration has been reduced.
* PILGRIMAGE has been added as a new shrine power.
* Sileris and quicksilver application times have been increased.
* Slickness affliction will now strip sileris/quicksilver.
* SMOKEing pipes now carries a balance.
* Weaponry attacks are no longer possible while off balance from any class-specific balance (for non-
weapon classes).
Necromancy
-----------
* BLACKWIND willpower drain has been reduced.
Pranks
------
* JUGGLE can now accept multiple items. Balance costs will scale based on the number of items added 
to the juggling.
* ITCHINGPOWER has been reworked, it will now give periodic impatience to the victim.
Puppetry/Vodun
--------------
* CRIPPLE fashion cost has been reduced.
Riding
------
* Mounted followers will now be able to follow other galloping/dashing adventurers.
Runelore
--------
* ALGIZ will no longer reduce damage from other players for non-runelorists.
* LAGUZ, LAGUA, LAGUL can now only be sketched on runeblades.
Seafaring
---------
* FIREWEAPON balances have been reduced (for firing and loading).
* WAVECALL maximum distance has been reduced.
Spirituality
------------
* SMITE damage against denizen has been increased slightly.
* CHASTEN equilibrium cost has been reduced slightly.
Subterfuge
----------
* LIGHTWALLs will now remove darkshade remission when passing through them.
* LIGHTWALLs will act as a source of daylight for those with the darkshade affliction.
* FLAY will now deliver a venom from a whip/lash assuming it can hit. This only applies to 
rebounding and shield flays.
Survival
--------
[Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (80% shown)]
6570h, 3776m|100%m, 100%e, 100%w,  kai, ex, 0.5%, cdbkr|0/0|16/8|0/10|42- 
[File continued via MORE]
* CLEARING has been added to the skill.
Tarot
-----
* SUPERCHARGE has been lowered in the skill.
* DEATH has been raised in the skill.
Tattoos
-------
* Slashed and lacerated throat afflictions are no longer cured by the tree tattoo.
* Only one starburst may be inked on the body at once.
Tekura
------
* AXEKICK has been reworked, it is now faster, and its damage scales based on the number of damaged 
limbs.
Woodlore
--------
* Handaxe speed and damage formulae have been adjusted.
Venom
-----
* BITE will now bypass denizen shields.

Comments

• edited May 2014

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • +1 for Pilgrimage.

*Animated Signature*

• I get the reasoning behind the Lagua/l/z change but what was the point in keeping them in their old positions in the lesson scale. Runeblades is what high Trans? This made three low/mid range abilities nothing but a lesson sink until you get Runeblades.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines

* The CLASS queue has been added to the queueing system for class-specific balances.

Wonder how useful this will be for Voicecraft balance.

• Effectively removing Lagu* (you could just make runeblades have +10 to all stats, no need for the extra runes) was probably the worst possible solution to the problem (which didn't seem like much of a problem to me anyways).

• edited May 2014

I'd like to talk about the change to AXK.  Here's what I got out of it so far:

As promised, it has no modifiers whatsoever, either offensively or defensively.

AXK now does the following damage, based on how many limbs are broken. (level 2 or 3 break only)

0: 4%
    1: 16%

2: 28%
    3: 40%
    4: 52%
    5: 65%
    6: 100%

Balance time: 5 seconds, [5.75s in Dragon Stance]. (4.67s,  [5.4s] with Nimble)

Compared to previous (and current) BBT: (counting torso break level, with 20 strength)

0: 43%
    1: 56%
    2: 65%
    Balance time: 4 seconds, 3.67 with Nimble

I spoke briefly with @Tecton about this, and from what I got out of it, the change has two purposes:

• Essentially "remove" AXK as an easy win button
    • Give monks a way to kill people with massive health & blunt resistance

This is a pretty great approach, however I think the numbers are pretty off.  For theory's sake, I want to point out that the numbers that are not in bold are not possible against someone who cures correctly (pretty damn easy with server curing).

My point:

Currently, you have to get a 5-limb AXK to make it do more than a single-limb BBT.  5-limb AXK is not possible without a significant lapse in curing.  It's also signifanctly slower than BBT.

AXK gets two punches, where BBT does not, however those punches come after the AXK, making them effectively useless for preparatory limb damage.  All they're good for is ~10-15% damage.

I think that the 3-5 limb AXKs needs to be much higher, simply put.  I think it should be "worth" AXKing at 3-4 limbs, not 5, and that means doing 64% damage, at least.  Also, since nothing over a 3-4 limb AXK should be possible, I think that's pretty fair.  Move the insta-kill to 5, and and make 3-limb AXK 50%, 4-limb AXK 64%.

Also, the 0-2 limb AXKs doing ignorable damage is serious overkill for a massive kick that takes huge balance.  At the very least, the damage should have a bottom cap around 40-45%.

Alternatively:

Let shriveled limbs count towards AXK damage in some way, allowing kai cripple or rebounding to be used for AXK opportunities.  I think that instead of the current fixed damage, limb damage should work like this:

14% for each level 1 break (arms/legs only)
    21% for each level 2 break
    30% for each level 3 break

• On a complete different note, I do not understand at all, considering the current balance, and player feedback, why Occultist got 3 hindrance upgrades (tentacle tattoo, danaeus, skyrax), an aeon upgrade, and an additional mental affliction tic.

I would have sworn we were all in agreement (except of course for the occultists) that their affliction rate was too high, particularly for the class with the best hindrance in the game.

Flying was currently the only way to not die to an occultist, without some form of class defensive ability like reflections or prismatic, or killing them in 15ish seconds before your inevitable enlightenment.  Why the heck did they nerf flying TWICE to help them out.  (consider the fact that you can't focus against occultists, most of the time, making Vertigo a HUGE upgrade, since it both prevents your only method of escape AND counting towards enlightenment.)

• Nemutaur said:

This is your reaction to a perfectly great axk change.

Whats This  A Pancake  I Said EXTRA SYRUP

Nahh, it's an awesome change. I've been a hater of AXK team tactics for.. ever.  The goal of getting rid of that was completely accomplished, which is great.

I just think for the other goal of opening up a kill strategy against artied dragons, sylvans, and necromancy users, I think monks are still pretty much SOL.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited May 2014
    Paladins and Infernals usually have to make sacrifices in their weapons' damage and accuracy to make sure they have the speed to use their fancier setups. Runewardens don't have all the options that Paladins and Infernals do, so they get the permanent weapon bonuses that make them hit harder, better, faster, stronger, Daft Punk.

That's all good and fine when viewed separately, but it did suck to fight Infernals or Paladins that always managed to have weapon runes. It wasn't a huge, game-breaking problem, per se, but since so much of the Runewardens' advantage is wrapped up in the passive boosts, it basically gave them the best of both worlds. You were essentially fighting a Runewarden who could also Vivisect you, etc. (Especially if they also had the hunting runes, and why wouldn't they?)

On the flipside, I feel the pain, too. I can't/won't shell out for the "good" weapons, so the removal of weapon runes for other classes means I can't really compete on the level I'm used to unless I change class or drop a stupid amount of money on a pair of stupid weapons.

Thread exploded. @Sena

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    ... I can't really compete ... unless I change class or drop a stupid amount of money on a pair of stupid weapons.

Welcome to Achaea.

• edited May 2014
    Nemutaur said:

Add in an enfeeble maybe?

With enfeeble, you can only get a best possible 4-limb axk, unless they prioritize legs/arms over head/torso (nobody).

With a sip/moss, that's still a far cry from a kill, with best possible setup.  BBT would be much better.

• The axk stuff is definitely open to changes depending on how it goes in practice. It is worth noting though that 20 strength is a huge outlier, and as bbt is modified by strength your values are significantly higher than the vast majority of monks. Fifteen strength is probably a better baseline to work with when doing testing there.

As for occultists, vertigo and epilepsy are both not enlightenment or whisperingmadness afflictions (that's actually why epilepsy is there - its to pad out the humbug tree to reduce the availability of said enlightenment afflictions). We'll be watching it though, expecting a lot less issues now that weaponry (and by extent curare) can't be combined with entity balance.

• Makarios said:

The axk stuff is definitely open to changes depending on how it goes in practice. It is worth noting though that 20 strength is a huge outlier, and as bbt is modified by strength your values are significantly higher than the vast majority of monks. Fifteen strength is probably a better baseline to work with when doing testing there.

The main reason I posted the 20 Str results was to illustrate how eerily low they were, considering the scenario (level 2 torso break, particularly).

As for occultists, vertigo and epilepsy are both not enlightenment or whisperingmadness afflictions (that's actually why epilepsy is there - its to pad out the humbug tree to reduce the availability of said enlightenment afflictions). We'll be watching it though, expecting a lot less issues now that weaponry (and by extent curare) can't be combined with entity balance.

Oh.   :|    Roger.

• Your mind feels stronger and more alert.
    [7585h|94%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [ll2 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](+1205m, 18.0%)
    Davio kicks his leg high and scythes downwards at you.
    He connects to the head!
    Your mind feels suddenly dulled and slow.
    Davio launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    He connects to the head!
    He connects to the head!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    | AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION | AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION |
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr](focus)(-6346h,
    79.0%)
    You blink.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr]
    (svo): Can touch tree again.
    You have recovered equilibrium. (2.223s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr](touch
    tree|clawparry torso)
    You touch the tree of life tattoo.
    You aren't such a complete idiot anymore. (0.954s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 ra2 pr]
    You will now use your razor-sharp talons to parry attacks to your torso.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 ra2 pr]
    Your left leg feels stronger and healthier.
    You may apply another salve or balm to yourself. (5.599s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [h1 ll1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](apply
    reconstructive to head|dragonheal)
    You take out some balm and quickly rub it on your head.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [h1 ll1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr]
    You have not yet recovered enough to purge your great form of afflictions.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [h1 ll1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr]
    (restore)
    Energy wreathes itself about your body to heal your limbs.
    The bones in your left leg mend.
    Your right arm is too damaged to cure in that manner.
    Your right leg is too damaged to cure in that manner. (1.164s)
    [1239h|15%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](-300m, 4.5%)
    You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.
    [1239h|15%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](sip vitality)
    You take a drink from a pinewood vial.
    The tonic heals and soothes you.
    [2859h|35%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](+1620h, 20.2%)
    keneanung: WARNING: No exit to flee found, reusing northeast.
    He connects to the head!
    The massive trauma to your head has damaged your skull and brain considerably.
    You have been slain by Davio.
    You have been defeated and are thrown out of the Arena.

seems good to me.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    edited May 2014
    The main reason I posted the 20 Str results was to illustrate how eerily low they were, considering the scenario (level 2 torso break, particularly).

Depends on what armour your target was wearing, bbt doesn't ignore armour and lvl2 never added much over lvl1 torso break damage anyway.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the balance on bbt is faster than axk, so you're looking at more dps.

• Morthif said:
    Your mind feels stronger and more alert.
    [7585h|94%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [ll2 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](+1205m, 18.0%)
    He connects to the head!
    He connects to the head!
    He connects to the head!

He connects to the head!

seems good to me.

This is not a realistic (possible) combat scenario.

• i wasn't fighting back but i wasn't doing anything to slow SVO down either

• NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    Morthif said:

i wasn't fighting back but i wasn't doing anything to slow SVO down either

Shouldn't restore against monks. That just kept you prone longer.

• Morthif said:
    Your mind feels stronger and more alert.
    He connects to the head!
    He connects to the head!
    He connects to the head!
    | AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION | AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION |
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr](focus)(-6346h,
    79.0%)
    You blink.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr]
    (svo): Can touch tree again.
    You have recovered equilibrium. (2.223s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 st ra2 pr](touch
    tree|clawparry torso)
    You touch the tree of life tattoo.
    You aren't such a complete idiot anymore. (0.954s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][100%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 ra2 pr]
    You will now use your razor-sharp talons to parry attacks to your torso.
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [uwnl(1) ll2 h1 rl2 ra2 pr]
    Your left leg feels stronger and healthier.
    You may apply another salve or balm to yourself. (5.599s)
    [1239h|15%][6240m|92%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% ex|cdbk- [h1 ll1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](apply
    reconstructive to head|dragonheal)
    You take out some balm and quickly rub it on your head.
    You have not yet recovered enough to purge your great form of afflictions.
    (restore)
    [1239h|15%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](-300m, 4.5%)
    You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.
    [1239h|15%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](sip vitality)
    You take a drink from a pinewood vial.
    The tonic heals and soothes you.
    [2859h|35%][5940m|88%][99%|97%][Davio] 21.3% x|cdbk- [h1 rl2 uwnl(1) ra2 pr](+1620h, 20.2%)
    keneanung: WARNING: No exit to flee found, reusing northeast.
    He connects to the head!

seems good to me.

This is actually a really bad example of what to do against a monk

• Morthif said:

i wasn't fighting back but i wasn't doing anything to slow SVO down either

In 1v1 combat, there is no scenario where you cannot restore out of a double AXK.

• yea I'm lazy need to come up with a way to change prio's without forgetting to change them back

• @Ernam are those numbers right? 65% double torso bbt @ 20 strength? With no defensive modifiers? 

Pretty sure it'd be impossible for monks to kill anyone if those numbers are right.

• I'm bbting for much larger than @Ernam's numbers at only 15 strength on 5k-6k health targets, but I have exams tomorrow so I have to go to bed now. Will try to get logs later.  The axekick change seems like a minor overnerf, but I do like the change as it was pretty broken in its old form.  Although I am crying about not being able to spam one button in melees anymore and I am bitterly disappointed at whoever is responsible for this.

• edited May 2014
    Cahin said:

I'm bbting for much larger than @Ernam's numbers at only 15 strength on 5k-6k health targets, but I have exams tomorrow so I have to go to bed now. Will try to get logs later.  The axekick change seems like a minor overnerf, but I do like the change as it was pretty broken in its old form.  Although I am crying about not being able to spam one button in melees anymore and I am bitterly disappointed at whoever is responsible for this.

@Jacin @Cahin Was testing on a dragon.  (Because killing dragons is essentially the point of the new AXK)

And yes, it's ridiculous.  I recently posted a log of Jonesey, with level 1 and 2 arties only, tanking 2 maxed out torso BBTs (and a kai choke =P), with me having 19Str and level 3 knuckles.

Hence why I'm a little curious right now - BBT, Enfeeble, AXK was the only way to kill dragons/necromancy/sylvans.  Now it's gone, because AXK does massively less damage now, assuming proper curing (which is really simple, in this case).

• You're..no..but...why...

• > @Makarios said:
    > The axk stuff is definitely open to changes depending on how it goes in practice. It is worth noting though that 20 strength is a huge outlier, and as bbt is modified by strength your values are significantly higher than the vast majority of monks. Fifteen strength is probably a better baseline to work with when doing testing there.
    >
    > As for occultists, vertigo and epilepsy are both not enlightenment or whisperingmadness afflictions (that's actually why epilepsy is there - its to pad out the humbug tree to reduce the availability of said enlightenment afflictions). We'll be watching it though, expecting a lot less issues now that weaponry (and by extent curare) can't be combined with entity balance.

Mind stupidity is still a big problem. You effectively can't hinder them because even if you stop instill they just lean on stupidity which slows you down so much.

• edited May 2014

Occultists with Mind stupidity (torc) is a pretty huge shutdown against server curing, without an add-on system helping it.  Especially against occultists, when you're trying to do 50 things at once to cure their onslaught of mental affs, as it is.  (Server curing is -aweful- at handling stupidity, hint hint @Makarios)

• I just want to pop up and doff my hat to the changes to sileris, pipe balance, and flay envenoming. Honestly, this will certainly affect the offensive strategies of serpents, and I dare think positively: by making the sileris and rebounding mechanism remain useful, yes counterable, you open the door to more interesting battles.