The Music Thread

Comments

• A project I've been assisting in a friend on.

It's awful, but I'm still proud of this horrible music.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

• EiredhelEiredhel California

I want to have his babies! The things I would do for a private performance from him are probably not legal D:

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    I know I've mentioned it before, but front row at their concert was awesome.
    (And, for the record, I had never seen a picture of him before and was there for the music)

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    YOU are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky.. omg... ugh. I have missed seeing him like five times now by stupid freaking chance!!! I need to go to their New Years' party one of these years, but vegas during New Years is not high up on my list of places to be since I hate being around people haha.

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

My friend was like, "You like 30 Seconds to Mars, don't you?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well, I have three tickets to their concert tonight, and one of the people I was going with bailed. Want to come?"
    "Sure, sounds awesome."

Definitely extremely lucky.

• I saw Allen Stone and Blue Scholars two nights ago at the local community college. Wish I had a video of it, would post. The show rocked.
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • Keres said:
    I saw Allen Stone and Blue Scholars two nights ago at the local community college. Wish I had a video of it, would post. The show rocked.
    You in Seattle, or have Blue Scholars made a broader name by now?
  • edited May 2013
    Washington, yeah.

As soon as I figure out how to make music videos, I'm going to post some of my stuff in here. Anyone got some software suggestions for putting together music vids? It's not going to be anything fancy, just montage of random pictures with my songs behind it.
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • edited May 2013
    how the hell do you embed videos in these posts?!?! figured it out

anyway, this is a song I wrote about a girl I thought might be the one. I'm playing piano, drums, and singing. it started as a little goofy solo project (I don't really sing) but my friends Igor and Ryan contributed bass and guitar tracks, respectively.. pics of me because that's what was in the folder with my music

• edited May 2013
    @Aepas

"talk like Jekyll
    fuck like Hyde"

+10
  • aaaaand something completely different, me on drums, adam on bass, pat on guitar, ben singing

• Keres said:
    @Aepas

"talk like Jekyll
    fuck like Hyde"

+10
    XD I wish I was the lyric writer there! But really I'm just doing the mixing.
    It's my pal on the vocals and lyrics.

Here's to hoping for some money, though once he makes it big he will get a big fancy music mixer with some studio >.>

oh nooo
  • edited May 2013
    oh, you're an engineer then as well? that's awesome that mix sounded really nice

friends?
     up there I did in the 'living room' of my loft with all my own equipment, water was done at the L.A.B. in Shoreline. I was the engineer on both projects

neither of them are open/going anywhere so I had never bothered to put them on youtube, I apologize for the ridiculous montage behind the music but that's what you get for 20 seconds of windows movie maker laziness, oh well. on the + side you get to see some of my recording equipment, I didn't really think about it or I would have included more pictures of that stuff
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.

• since @Kresslack felt like using some german rap, here is something far superior.

@Aepas, first...that was South African. Second, not much a fan of Reagae but the music video is cool

edited May 2013
    If German rap is what you want....

• edited May 2013
    Ah, Die Antwoord threw me off. Wonder why a south african band would choose such a name

still, have a song about how shitty men are.

edited May 2013
    Die Antwoord is SA for The Answer.

• did someone say german rap?

• edited May 2013
    @Kresslack: I guess that topics needs a little more extrem metal, don't you?

Lord @Sartan: They obviously forgot a "r" to Your name.
  • Something I played on DJ Technika in our local arcade:

My favorite song lately.

• edited May 2013

Kresslack said:

Und auch die Sturmabteilung, vielleicht?
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Stürmabteilung? Umlauts can be written 'alt-0252' on most keyboards

Ich liebe dieses Mädchen... *seufz*
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I went to Live 105 BFD about a week ago. Was bloody awesome. Was also my friend's first concert. She owes me her firstborn.

Passion Pit
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Silversun Pickups
    Of Monsters and Men
    AWOLNATION

All were awesome.
    There were giant inflatable pool turtles.
    Because logic.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Xenomorph said:

Kresslack said:

Und auch die Sturmabteilung, vielleicht?
    Nicht diese art von SA, aber ich sehe, was sie dort taten.

• edited May 2013
    just found this on my timeline, bro bro & me drunk at 11:30 in the morning recording us making up songs as we go along on my iphone

it's pretty funny, lots of time-signature changes, at 2:11, that is a car driving by (the living room door was open) and everything he did after 2:20 (on the drums) tripped me out because none of that was planned and he had no idea what I was going to play (on the piano)