Gold Sinks

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Gold sink: Wand of Zap.

1 billion gold.

Get to work people.
    You say this like people won't pay it...  That's only 15,000 credits, which is < 20% of some people's "investment" in credits so far.*

*edit - oh.  Fail.
  • EldEld
    edited March 2014
    Shecks said:
    Sarapis said:

1 billion gold.

Get to work people.
    You say this like people won't pay it...  That's only 15,000 credits, which is < 20% of some people's "investment" in credits so far.
    150000. Or 150 million, if it's a British billion.
  • Eld said:
    Shecks said:
    Sarapis said:

1 billion gold.

Get to work people.
    You say this like people won't pay it...  That's only 15,000 credits, which is < 20% of some people's "investment" in credits so far.
    150000. Or 150 million, if it's a British billion.
    Achaea uses grey not gray, so start saving your 150 million. :D
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Although to be realistic if you want to see your gold any time soon, you'll need to sell closer to 5000 per, meaning closer to 200,000 credits. Also known as like $45,000.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Melodie you don't need NPCs to do this, that's what newbies are for.
  • edited March 2014
    IRT Wand of Zap:

Might be cheaper to buy IRE.
  • edited March 2014
    Nobody would pay what the producers would require to sell it. High maintenance and low profit.
    But it's still high enough profit that I imagine it's worth a good deal more than $45k. Achaea alone probably spends about that much on the total coding team. I'd like to say it's a higher number but I don't know just how "volunteer" things are up there. :P

The other games probably aren't the same cash cows but it's probably a similar situation. And then there's Jeremy and Matt. If I had to guess I'd say at least one of them pulls $5-10k per per game.

Could be way lower or way higher. But the other big factor in selling is the impact on the player base. Protecting the hefty player investments is #1. The only way I can see them "selling" IRE is if it was to a devoted larger company that wanted to bedazzle stuff and take it to the "next level". But I don't think that is or ever will be what Achaea is about.

EDIT: Just spent 3 paragraphs responding to Shecks.
  • Love the idea of them selling shrouds, but there's really only one place that discussion is gonna end up...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Katzchen said:
    Denizens that replace sigils in your house when given supplies yes please.
    And not necessarily human either too, I would so be up for a bird or ethereal elemental creature (hey have to fit with Sylvan theme) that can hold the things and drop sigils when necessary. This could apply to House estates too. Bring it into cities though and it might mean we start paying taxes...which is not a good thing.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    Katzchen said:
    Denizens that replace sigils in your house when given supplies yes please.
    And not necessarily human either too, I would so be up for a bird or ethereal elemental creature (hey have to fit with Sylvan theme) that can hold the things and drop sigils when necessary. This could apply to House estates too. Bring it into cities though and it might mean we start paying taxes...which is not a good thing.
    Ideally you'd be able to customize the denizens like room descriptions (1000 gold each time) since that'd be an additional (although small) gold sink

• If shrouds are available like that it won't change anything. Veil users will upgrade theirs to level 2's, everyone else will have level 1 veils.
  • Daeir said:
    I have an idea:

Make heron feathers and ethereal shrouds sold by merchants in Delos, 2 per Achaean day for a max of 30 stock, 15k sovereigns for the shrouds apiece, and 3000 for the heron feathers.

Veil users also have to cash in to avoid the bonuses. Can start up a small industry in reselling shroud stocks.
    Veils are the worst, why are you advocating this. How about you can pay 30k gold to have someone egg Daeir's house.

Actually how could you translate that into Achaea... Maybe you can pay gold to train up minipets with skills? 150k to train your minipet auburn gull to track to an enemy's location and divebomb them, with poop. You could have a whole Husbandry/Beastmastery/Wildtaming tradeskill, with a list of abilities you can train tamed pets to learn. Teach quadrupeds to be mounts, and leap canyons. Teach birds to deliver messages. Teach monkeys to wear hats. And if they die, you have to train a new one. Goldsink, boom.
  • The problem there is that anyone with a veil is going to be capable of affording a shroud, removing the currently available option of ask a friend to locate them. I'm of the mind that allowing easy shroud access will worsen that situation, not make it better.
  • Let us buy humgii racing tickets with gold.
    *Animated Signature*

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Remove the stacking capability of shrouds, implement Daiers idea. People would still buy veils since a non veil owner would burn 5cr per day in perpetuity.
  • Daeir said:
    I have an idea:

Make heron feathers and ethereal shrouds sold by merchants in Delos, 2 per Achaean day for a max of 30 stock, 15k sovereigns for the shrouds apiece, and 3000 for the heron feathers.

Veil users also have to cash in to avoid the bonuses. Can start up a small industry in reselling shroud stocks.
    Veils are the worst, why are you advocating this. How about you can pay 30k gold to have someone egg Daeir's house.

Silly Blupikachu, Targossians don't -have- houses.

• Bump for Mayan Crowns for gold idea.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I lol'd, but in all seriousness, I would love more furniture varieties and it -would- be an excellent gold sink, honestly.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Houses need more functionality. Because furniture is currently a waste of gold if you aren't visiting your house.

The trade skills plus the new trade skills will probably cause lots of people to invest in them. Like I think cooking and inkmilling probably did.

Talismans on the other hand seem more of a credit sink
  • Talismans don't affect the credit market much, because for every person spending credits on them, there's a person receiving those credits.  The only impact the talismans have is influencing people to buy credits if they otherwise wouldn't (kinda the point of a promotion).

More house stuff is find and all, but keep in mind that a gold sync has to be something you can use repeatedly, not just a one time purchase.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    In terms of furniture, if you don't get them made non-decay, they last quite a while but still do cost a good amount of gold every time you buy a new piece. It wouldn't be a large gold sink by any means, but something is better than nothing!

Okay, I actually just want new furniture. If crafting/cooking can get new designs, why can't furniture!

(plz @Cardan?)
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Something that gives a few extra SPP's.
  • edited March 2014
    That wouldn't make a bad Trait.

ETA: Oops page break. Something that allows a few more SPPs for seafaring.
  • Knivek said:
    Something that gives a few extra SPP's.
    Not bad.  First point 500,000 gold, doubles every time used.
  • Which is why I said a trait, cause there are already like 5 seafaring traits.