6 credits at  6350 gold per credit.
          23 credits at  6375 gold per credit.
           5 credits at  6390 gold per credit.
         194 credits at  6396 gold per credit.
         169 credits at  6397 gold per credit.
          29 credits at  6398 gold per credit.
          40 credits at  6400 gold per credit.
         284 credits at  6497 gold per credit.
    (13 offers with higher prices have not been shown.)
    Total credits for sale: 762 shown (2696 total)  (Average sale price: 6197)
    Use CREDITS BUY <number> AT <max gold per credit> to purchase.

(... from a log all the way back in 2014)
    I eagerly did CFS, saw prices at 10k, came back and saw the bottom of this post. 

GG
  • Remove ship as storage warehouse, let prism work again so I can actually kill ppl hiding the to avoid repercussions. Ship alienation is WORSE than veil. At most, sell a warehouse / chest that only owner can open and can only be placed in subs for safe storage, I will buy. Delete shiphiding. 
  • Ship crew would just fuck you up, if you don't have perms to be on it. They don't mess around.

Even if they don't have that, I fail to believe you'd be willing to sit at the harbour trying to prism them for an hour while they just set a trigger to move in a random direction on ship, on prism line.

Hell, they can just let it complete and lock you behind a door then walk off. You dragonform to get out, they just hop right back on ship.

Removing shiphiding accomplishes nothing, nor is it "worse than veil" - wtf are you smoking?
  • Alyxeri said:
    Ship crew would just fuck you up, if you don't have perms to be on it. They don't mess around.

Even if they don't have that, I fail to believe you'd be willing to sit at the harbour trying to prism them for an hour while they just set a trigger to move in a random direction on ship, on prism line.

Hell, they can just let it complete and lock you behind a door then walk off. You dragonform to get out, they just hop right back on ship.

Removing shiphiding accomplishes nothing, nor is it "worse than veil" - wtf are you smoking?
    You have to be that mad?
  • Dochitha said:
    Alyxeri said:
    Ship crew would just fuck you up, if you don't have perms to be on it. They don't mess around.

You have to be that mad?
    If you have nothing better to post, than some kindergarten-style response, why even post at all to someone who quite sufficiently addressed your claims?

To answer, though: No, I'm not. I don't even have a ship; I just think you're delusional to think ship hiding is somehow worse than veils. That's the silliest thing I've heard this year so far.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jurixe said:
    There was an artefact recently released that made it so you could return to your subdivision home...if you were standing at the entrance of the subdivisions. I feel like that misses the point of the inconvenience - if I'm in the subdivisions already I might as well walk there. I think it would be a lot nicer if I could at least use it from within the city, then it seems like my house is directly connected to the city and not in some disconnected secondary map.

While I understand that it might not be desirable business wise, I really would like to advocate for clan-owned housing or at least the ability to share certain permissions with your allies. Most people who build large houses do it for their families and intend to roleplay there, making the house an excellent roleplay device with history.

But getting the more expensive upgrades and expanding just seems pointless when you have to rely on the activity of the plot owner and you can't even use things like the stables. 

Perhaps this should be a different topic altogether though - and I've made my views on this known repeatedly - so I'll stop hijacking this thread.
    Yes yes yes yes all of my yes. This is a topic we consistently agree on and it still has to be brought up but I will not stop agreeing with all of this.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • They already tried to nerf ships and it got reverted because it was not very popular.

Ships aren't really so much the problem as a symptom. Cities, house estates, housing are all horribly insecure and with shit like synaptic lock provide no privacy. It's no wonder people go hang out on their ships when building a house is just inviting people to break into it.
  • The problem with housing is that there are only two states it can be in:
    1. It is 100% idiot-proof safe for AFKing in. If this is the case, people will use it.
    2. It is not 100% idiot-proof safe for AFKing in. If this is the case, people will not use it.
    That's really how it goes; anything short of total security is insecure, and people won't use insecure housing.
  • Why are we talking about this in memorable quotes?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Unless housing becomes what ships are now it will not be popular. For people who actually collect items, it would be ridiculously expensive to not only non-decay things but then to add resetting so that if someone did break-in that anything they grabbed would return to where they got it from.

I mean, with the veil and gem changes, synaptic lock and everything else you're looking at an Achaea with zero privacy where belongings are potential free game unless you keep it on your person at all times and god forbid should your computer drop connection and hopefully your character leaves realms fast during that time. What's the point of this game if you're not afforded SOME kind of safety and privacy ever? Housing and maintaining these belongings can be so expensive that at some point a line needs to be drawn and something has to give.

Also, seems this idea is mostly only popular with the crowd that doesn't really sail or have ships.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Letting players design the subs destroyed any hope that housing would be useful from the start. It is hard to find a plot that doesn't make you want to throw up every time you have to walk to it and anything that is for sale nowadays are so far from the entrance you can't even tell your friends how to get there because it is a longer list of directions than getting to Meropis. Get rid of the walls in there at least so it isn't a maze and it will be slightly better. #offtopic
  • Kayeil said:
    Unless housing becomes what ships are now it will not be popular. For people who actually collect items, it would be ridiculously expensive to not only non-decay things but then to add resetting so that if someone did break-in that anything they grabbed would return to where they got it from.

I mean, with the veil and gem changes, synaptic lock and everything else you're looking at an Achaea with zero privacy where belongings are potential free game unless you keep it on your person at all times and god forbid should your computer drop connection and hopefully your character leaves realms fast during that time. What's the point of this game if you're not afforded SOME kind of safety and privacy ever? Housing and maintaining these belongings can be so expensive that at some point a line needs to be drawn and something has to give.

Also, seems this idea is mostly only popular with the crowd that doesn't really sail or have ships.
     Valid concerns, which can be alleviated with lockable containers, not sure why these have been refused so often.

I would rather see ships used for actual seafaring than just massive storage units. Housing can be secure, with anti-prism and a monolith down. That doesn’t stop the synaptic lock, which I’ve been against from the moment it was introduced!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited January 2018
    Alyxeri said:
    Dochitha said:
    Alyxeri said:

You have to be that mad?
    If you have nothing better to post, than some kindergarten-style response, why even post at all to someone who quite sufficiently addressed your claims?

To answer, though: No, I'm not. I don't even have a ship; I just think you're delusional to think ship hiding is somehow worse than veils. That's the silliest thing I've heard this year so far.
    You need to watch the way you talk to people, like you can be a little more polite.
    Atalkez said:
    Kayeil said:

Valid concerns, which can be alleviated with lockable containers, not sure why these have been refused so often.

I would rather see ships used for actual seafaring than just massive storage units. Housing can be secure, with anti-prism and a monolith down. That doesn’t stop the synaptic lock, which I’ve been against from the moment it was introduced!
    What about those who bought ships for this purpose and will no longer need them? I don't think there'll be buyers for all the new ships on the market. I think housing needs to be way more secure than that. If you end up sick and in the hospital and can't replace your eye sigils and what not anyone with a reincarnation gem can ruin your day when you get back (this has happened to someone I know, they lost a LOT). This level of theft is a huge turn off and why those of us who use ships for this purpose are so against the change. Packs can only hold so much, and we're not all rich enough to keep buying credits to reset every little thing to a housing room. Something has to give, and either keep ships the way they or fix housing, but then the thieves and spies are going to be unhappy.

• I’m agreeing with you that housing could use some love. A locking container(s) would stop that entire theft ability you mention! Anti prism, monolith are all you really need if you had a chest(s) you could put your important items in. Maybe an artefact sigil like temples get?

I don’t think ‘I bought it to be a big storage unit’ is a fair reason to not address the mechanical concern of ships though. 

I’m not anti ship, I just find the mechanic to be silly, and it really makes housing entirely useless.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Most recent tells (in reverse):
    1 ) You told Seragorn: LOL LOL LMAO.
    2 ) You told Seragorn: ROFL LOL.
    3 ) Seragorn told You: Lol.
    4 ) Seragorn told You: Lol.
    5 ) Seragorn told You: *** Congratulations, you've just completed the Your Quest Log task! ***.
    6 ) Seragorn told You: Haha.
    7 ) You told Seragorn: Whoa LOL.
    8 ) Seragorn told You: I didnt know about that one ;).
    9 ) You told Seragorn: Quest log?
    10) Seragorn told You: How do I know?
    11) You told Seragorn: Which quest number are you?
    12) Seragorn told You: I far from finished?
  • I like the idea of Lusternia's aether manses (before they became ships) with you owning a house means you could connect it to a city and could leave/enter the house from a specific room in the cities you've connected it to

Atalkez said:
    I’m agreeing with you that housing could use some love. A locking container(s) would stop that entire theft ability you mention! Anti prism, monolith are all you really need if you had a chest(s) you could put your important items in. Maybe an artefact sigil like temples get?

I don’t think ‘I bought it to be a big storage unit’ is a fair reason to not address the mechanical concern of ships though. 

I’m not anti ship, I just find the mechanic to be silly, and it really makes housing entirely useless.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative or unreasonable, but last time this came up as a change we weren't given another option and it was frustrating. I do hope if this ever happens as a change again that we are at least heard and given a real fix for our concerns so that everyone can be happy. I would love locking containers and much better security, though I think chests should be made larger again. I do think there should be stronger security because chests decay. I have an out of subs plot and I don't do anything with it in large part because of these concerns. Getting this kind of change would give me a reason to care more about it, because it would be more fun to make use of a secure home I can customise than a ship sitting in a harbour. I think most of us can agree to some happy medium, and it really isn't fun for anyone to chase around the select few who jump into subdivisions as souls infiltrating houses to see what they can grab.

As for temple security, unfortunately not all temples have those non-decaying sigils.

• Yeah, I agree. I never understood why souls go through doors either, but can only address so many things at a time.

Artefact locking chests would go a long way.

I also think some expansion to the housing servants system could work. If you have a butler, why couldn’t they refresh your sigil for you, for some arbitrary gold cost etc. Lots of ways to making housing more attractive that haven’t been touched.

Dochitha said:
    Alyxeri said:
    Dochitha said:
    Alyxeri said:

You have to be that mad?

You need to watch the way you talk to people, like you can be a little more polite.
    Dochi, this is why we call you grandpa in game. You sound like one. lol

• Vote for Artefact Locking Chests.
  • Atalkez said:
    I bought a gem to pretend I'm Sue Storm and you all ruined it by assuming I was trying to hide from you all. Can't have nice things. :(
  • Don't much like the direction this thread is going. Veils and gems changes were enough trying to control how players play the game.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Ismay said:
    Don't much like the direction this thread is going. Veils and gems changes were enough trying to control how players play the game.
    I didn't like it either and I'd prefer things stop changing but if the ship thing happens again I'd rather we get something else out of it. Last time ships were changed we got nothing out of it in exchange and it was pretty horrible. I'm not going to complain about the veil and gem, I know that's not going to be reversed and I can adapt, but the discussion now needs a solution if that's ever altered. I don't like the idea of zero privacy and zero safety of items where everything is open to the thieves, spies, and infiltrators. That's only fun for a very small portion of the playerbase, but a huge headache for everyone else including city defenders and city security as well as homeowners.

• Dunno what to tell you, rules (and changes to those rules) have always been a part of Achaea, you're told how you can/can't play your game all the time. 

If your problem is -change- to those rules, because you resent a perceived intervention in how you, personally, view your game experience, then fair enough, I suppose. 
  • If housing gets changed, I will buy ships that were initially intended to just be storage units.

If housing doesn't get changed, I will buy OOS plots you're not using anyway.

Am not trolling at all.

• Atalkez said:
    I never understood why souls go through doors either
    Poor Pericles.
    The OOS plot I promised to offer to someone else for sale if I let it go before I put it on the open market, but if I ever put up the the cutter I own it's not a bad one to pick up at all. Elite XIII crew with multiple additions to it. Not great for ship combat, but nice for exploration and trading.

• I'm slightly interested in this auction OOS plot, but it being on Tree is a downside to me. And considering the amount it'll probably go for, am just not that interested.

Buuuut I'm hijacking quotes. :/ For real, if anyone's selling OOS plots hit me up IG. I'll leave this thread alone now.

• I don't know much about the Lusternia design, but people have like 600 room manses over there, apparently, which clearly points to them being desirable in some way more than our housing is. Perhaps the fact they're their own area (?) contributes to this? It affords a lot more safety and privacy that way.