Memorable quotes

Comments

• @Sayenna I was the one who conducted @Micaelis 's cleansing ritual and was still a bit newer to it at the time. Maaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy have infused a bit too much energies in.
  • if you only wonder about Micaelis sometimes then you're only paying attention sometimes. 
  • Lol fuckin brutal.  I love it

• I was like 'Z?'

Oh.
  • Iniar said:
    I was like 'Z?'

Oh.

• Mindshell said:
    (The Warriors of Sapience): Rangor says, "Surprise visit from sartan, guards start hitting him like crazy, disappears without doing anything."
    (The Warriors of Sapience): Rangor says, "Thank GOD we enemied him, imagine what he woulda done otherwise!"
    Your welcome @Rangor :sunglasses:  =)
  • And that's why you don't bother with enemying the Gods.
  • Gonna be a dumb question but has anyone fought and killed a God before? Or has a God died to guards/denizens before?
  • Since we're asking dumb questions, are Gods allowed to 'fall in love' with mortals? I think it would be an amazing story IC-ly, but I can see how it could be a problem OOC.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    No -- a god player fell in love with a mortal player once, and it was bad times all around IC and OOC
  • Diek said:
    Gonna be a dumb question but has anyone fought and killed a God before? Or has a God died to guards/denizens before?
    I got Sartan on the test server many years back with a jitb. He just vanished into thin air. No mortal in history has killed them in Achaea as far as I'm aware. Bear in mind they have access to all skills and no balance loss..  

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Gods have been killed in the arena, Profit once beheaded Pentharian at NoT.
  • edited June 2017
    Way back in Imperian's history there was a PK event where the gods got to control Avatars who had any three skills they wanted with full L3 artifacts and all the trimmings. Want to roll with Chivalry/Metamorphosis/Crystalism and throw DSLs from reflexes while using vibes? Go for it.

The problem was that most people who play Gods are pretty bad at fighting, because it's rare that you have a serious combatant who is willing to hop aboard the bus out of PK Town.

Accordingly, most of them went down like a chump against any real fighter who managed to throw out any disable at all. Every single one of them got beaten like a rented redheaded mule-shaped pinata, and they ended up ruining the PK event because they didn't realize they had to reject lust and so they fed the everloving fuck out of the Occies who were participating.  It was impossible to compete against somebody who could just instagank an Avatar every time they dropped grace.
  • Sobriquet said:
    Diek said:
    Gonna be a dumb question but has anyone fought and killed a God before? Or has a God died to guards/denizens before?
    I got Sartan on the test server many years back with a jitb. He just vanished into thin air. No mortal in history has killed them in Achaea as far as I'm aware. Bear in mind they have access to all skills and no balance loss..  
    Profit once beheaded Penth in Mhaldor too. 
  • Diek said:
    Yes, there have been players who have killed Gods before. Not permanently like Slith killed Thoth, but we definitely got the 'You have slain X' message. That was changed though so a mortal killing a God isn't going to happen anymore, unless it's part of an extreme event or something.

Andelas killed several, I've killed a couple during 'duels', and there are a few others. It's been probably 13-15 real life years since it happened though.

• Every day is a school day 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Krypton said:
    No -- a god player fell in love with a mortal player once, and it was bad times all around IC and OOC
    More than one...

• Cooper said:
    Diek said:
    Yes, there have been players who have killed Gods before. Not permanently like Slith killed Thoth, but we definitely got the 'You have slain X' message. That was changed though so a mortal killing a God isn't going to happen anymore, unless it's part of an extreme event or something.

Andelas killed several, I've killed a couple during 'duels', and there are a few others. It's been probably 13-15 real life years since it happened though.
    Psi combat..  I remember a few of those happening.  Was always good times.  I think it made the Gods look bad, but was fun to watch.  The community was much smaller then iirc and so it was .. allowable

• Diek said:
    Divine used to be able to pick up arms and go into group combat with us.. it stopped after awhile when they started... umm getting bested by some of the top tier players then.

But it was fun watching them tear through people.  Think of dragon stats with 3 class worth of skills and half balance and eq recovery time.
  • Diek said:
    Gods have definitely died to players before. There's been more than just Profit beheading Pentharian a couple times as well. Gods essentially have a skill that they can put up to make them immune to mortal attacks. However, once in a blue moon someone will forget to put it up before making themselves visible and standing around, and then they'll get attacked by a mortal while not paying close enough attention, and presto. We have a dead, and probably very pissed off, god.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2017
    Antidas said:
    Diek said:
    Gods have definitely died to players before. There's been more than just Profit beheading Pentharian a couple times as well. Gods essentially have a skill that they can put up to make them immune to mortal attacks. However, once in a blue moon someone will forget to put it up before making themselves visible and standing around, and then they'll get attacked by a mortal while not paying close enough attention, and presto. We have a dead, and probably very pissed off, god.
    @Aegis and Pentharian have joined rampages in Delos. They've both also dueled at NoT in the past. 

Divine Fire is their ability to completely mitigate all attacks.  Not sure if any are currently allowed to remove it anymore for the purpose of teasing mortals before trashing them, but it was always interesting back in the day.  I'm secretly hoping poppa Mak will one day.  Never got to fight him in his hay day, and I wouldn't mind a crack. The one time on Acarchaea he was around that I saw, he watched a duel between me and someone else during new knight releases, I won as magi and he instant gibbed me. 
  • Caelan said:
    Krypton said:
    More than one...
    Caspian never involved love, unless you mean the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket.

• Trey said:
    Caelan said:
    Krypton said:
    More than one...
    Caspian never involved love, unless you mean the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket.
    I did mean that.   Is there any other kind?