Memorable quotes

Comments

• -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: You            Status      : Finalised
    Skill       : Elementalism   Ability     : Staffstrike
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem:
    Touching a shield tattoo while combating a Magi opponent can make it relatively simple to shut down 
    a Magi's offense momentarily, and especially if the tattoo is utilised repeatedly. Currently the 
    only methods Magi have available to remove shields are Erode, Destabilising Dissonance, and using a 
    Hammer tattoo.
    Solution #1:
    Make a Magi's Air staffstrike also capable of breaking shields as well as rebounding
    Solution #2:
    Solution 1, but also make Holocaust bombs break rebounding auras with the pure heat of the explosion 
    to add to the retinue of offensive abilities capable of removing these defences. Holocaust is 
    already very unpredictable and a double-edged blade
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    We will make earthstrike able to strip shields.
    Yessssss.

You're welcome.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Currently the only methods Magi have available to remove shields are Erode, Destabilising Dissonance, and using a Hammer tattoo.
    Just the three methods? Scrub! There are certain classes (eg monk) who have hammer tattoo only.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Much less important to strip shield as a Monk though. If you were just joking, don't mind me.
    Jovolo said:
    Much less important to strip shield as a Monk though. If you were just joking, don't mind me.
    It was a more a playful jibe against "the only methods", as if three were somehow a small number.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Just the three methods? Scrub! There are certain classes (eg monk) who have hammer tattoo only.
    Does Telepathy Strip not work on shields?
  • Hah, it's not prioritized so if you want to play the defense stripping lottery maybe. 

Monk's kind of screwed on the shield department.  If they want to waste a trait on it they can do lethal ink in DRS to get a pretty fast hammer tattoo, but that's really not worth it.

I really wish monk had a way to deal with denizen shields, like a raze kick, but oh well.
    Having switched from monk to bard, I can say with great authority that cantata is possibly one of the best bashing abilities in the game - strip denizen shields on its own balance.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Jgghnbounngtduknbht

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    3044h|38%, 7795m|98%, 100%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(60)]- 10:57:59.364
    Gripping his swords tightly, Rylan Asgarai plunges them deep into you, mercilessly carving a bloody 
    path through your innards. He retrieves the blades only to allow your organs to spill from the 
    horrible wound.
    36h|0%, 7795m|98%, 100%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(60)]- 10:58:00.014(-3008h, 38.1%)  CLOT CLOT
    You may eat another bit of irid moss or potash.

RUNAWAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

• Klendathu said:
    Gripping his swords tightly, Rylan Asgarai plunges them deep into you, mercilessly carving a bloody 
    path through your innards. He retrieves the blades only to allow your organs to spill from the 
    horrible wound.
    36h|0%, 7795m|98%, 100%e, 99%w ex|cdbk[bld(60)]- 10:58:00.014(-3008h, 38.1%)  CLOT CLOT

RUNAWAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    The downside to bard bashing? :) No armour!
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited April 2015
    Penwize said:
    Hah, it's not prioritized so if you want to play the defense stripping lottery maybe. 

Monk's kind of screwed on the shield department.  If they want to waste a trait on it they can do lethal ink in DRS to get a pretty fast hammer tattoo, but that's really not worth it.

I really wish monk had a way to deal with denizen shields, like a raze kick, but oh well.
    To be fair I don't think anything besides razeslash is any raze worth using on a mob that shields, since they just typically reshield everytime. Could be wrong but you know.

Should shoot for crush or something to bypass shield instead!

Rangor said:
    Klendathu said:
    horrible wound.

RUNAWAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    The downside to bard bashing? :) No armour!
    If 3k health was 38% in lesserform I'd be a happy bunny. That's dragonformed :|

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Caladbolg said:
    Penwize said:
    Hah, it's not prioritized so if you want to play the defense stripping lottery maybe. 

To be fair I don't think anything besides razeslash is any raze worth using on a mob that shields, since they just typically reshield everytime. Could be wrong but you know.

Should shoot for crush or something to bypass shield instead!
    Serpent balance times OP!
    Huh. Neat.
    Report #10
    Submitted by: You            Status      : Finalised
    Skill       : Swashbuckling  Ability     : All
    Problem:
    Add envenom to the Swashbuckling skill. Bard is primarily an affliciton class, not having envenom in 
    one of its class skills means the bard has to spend around 200 lessons in Weaponry. The precedence 
    for having envenom as part of a class skill is already set as it is part of Chivalry for knights
    Solution #1:
    Add envenom to Swashbuckling
    Solution #2:
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    Solution 1.
    Huzzah!

• Caladbolg said:

I can't speak for other classes, but raze definitely works for blademasters without being explicitly combined with another ability. Even in sanya stance, I can often raze and attack a mob before they re-shield. It's not 100% effective by any means but it's more so than most classes' "just wait to get hit" method.
  • Jovolo said:
    What's your reasoning for disliking the third one?

ETA: For swiftcursed paralysis
    The priority is -6.

Also, I don't play Shaman, so the solution they chose may make perfect sense, but it sounded a little silly to my sleep deprived mind last night. >.>
  • This is quotes thread.  Can we move the classlead talk to the thread someone made about classleads? :/
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kuy said:
    This is quotes thread.  Can we move the classlead talk to the thread someone made about classleads? :/
    Classlead quote, but for humor:

Report #159
    Submitted by: Anonymous      Status      : Approved                 Priority : 1
    Skill       : TwoArts        Ability     : Slashes
    Problem:
    Slashes are difficult to land on dextrous targets, even through vitiate and having a level3 band.  
    Accuracy does not seem to be a problem for the new weaponmastery classes yet for blademasters, it is 
    not unusual to miss several slashes in a row on some targets (serpents, mostly)
    Solution #1:
    Buff TwoArts accuracy
    Solution #2:
    Buff the dex reduction portion of vitiate - one solution may be to make it work as a percentage -- 
    reduce 25% of the opponent's dexterity.
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    Possibly solution 3.

What solution 3?

• (Newbie): Kvorko says, "This game is pretty damn sick."

This made me happy.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2015
    @Synbios They obviously mean to take a third option

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

In the great words of Carmain: Devotion, I hardly knew 'er.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Lol. Excuse me honestly being sad (but happy, but sad) for you guys!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Halos said:
    Aurora's so cool.

I'm so glad I didn't go to bed. So good. 

#religiousdrama2015

I knew this would make for fun conflict. Wish I'd been there to witness it.