Memorable quotes

Comments

• lolhallis. I remember her and senoske talking about having sex with donkeys at fish street. Feel bad for Shallam.
  • edited October 2012

ok ignore that

• If you get blessed by Lord Babel you turn into a Flair.

(from the book scary stories told to children.)
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Somehow, that ***-eatting grin is even more creepy than what Flair looks like.
  • Not quite sure where to put this but uh...what's this black spot I keep seeing near Valho? Been like this for a long while now.

"Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited October 2012
    <insert obligatory 'it's oblivion/the void' comment>
  • edited October 2012
    That is Peninsula Malaysia and the @ is Penang.

I used to live on the @. Stalker.

Admittedly Malaysia was pointed the other way last time I checked, but whatever.
  • @Wysteria:grassland anomaly? Have you squinted in that direction?
  • @Wysteria: I assumed it was a crack in the earth, like the one in Meropis.
  • It is where vandals have chipped off the bathroom tiles.

• He is a graceful tsol'aa. All his items decayed and he looks broke ass. There is a sign hanging from
    his neck that reads, "HALP, WILL DO BUTTSEKS FOR GOLD, GOD BLESS." He is wearing a dragonskin pack,
    a wooden pack of drawers, and an amber firefly. He walks with the truefavour of Thoth.
  •                Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• You see that Merador? This man has a contract on you. How can you be dormant and leave him waiting.
  • Just realizing that I think she thought my 'duanathar' said in Eleusian, was a snide comment.
    :-S

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Just realizing that I think she thought my 'duanathar' said in Eleusian, was a snide comment.
    :-S
    A snide comment with the power to fly you away. But perhaps only when said in dumb-ass.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    actually that's the extent of 99% of my interaction with the woman. I tried to reason with her and even got called a coward for attacking her -and- Kaie alone and the only true way to deal with it is to just ignore it or otherwise make it heartstop irl.
  • Synbios said:
    Delphinus said:
    @Wysteria: I assumed it was a crack in the earth, like the one in Meropis.

Can't you see, @Delphinus? It's never caused by normal phenomena. Black spot in the wilderness? CLEARLY A RIP IN REALITY CAUSED BY BABEL. A denizen acting strangely? HE IS A SECRET ORMYRR AGENT. Aglets on your shoelaces? THEIR TRUE PURPOSE IS SINISTER.
    I thought it might have been the admins forgetting to colour the block with glacier symbols but now @Synbios has me speculating it could be something much more EVIL and SINISTER and MYSTERIOUS. If it is just a crack like the ones you can see on Mero's Wilderness map — how is it we still can't fly over the things?
    @Thaumas: I never thought to squint in the Wilderness, that would create some nasty spam on my screen…

• Eh, you don't see the map when squinting, and it caps at ~ten rooms.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • @Wysteria: You can't fly over it because if you could, you'd be able to land on it.

In Meropis, it acts like the Wall of Power once did: it blocks us off from unbuilt areas. In northern Sapience, it's just a feature using the same style. Why can't we fly over the ocean? Why can't we fly up to the duanathar area? Take it with a grain of salt, a hand-wave, and copious swigs of make-believe.

Anyway, glacial ice sheets have a huge impact on the land. Saying that they "forgot to colour the block with glacier symbols" is really not giving them a lot of credit.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Vangelis, a liveried messenger boy strides into view, bowing deeply to you.

I thought someone was playing with illusions. That name! Awesome...
  • @Oceana: Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner were the first things to pop into my head.

@Delphinus: Makes sense, I hadn't thought of it like that before in regards to the impact glaciers would have. Imagination Cap is going to stay on for a while longer then, hah.

• edited October 2012
    Zinka tells you, "I'll duel you, what class?"

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "Runewarden, and you?"

Zinka tells you, "Paladin."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "What level are you?"

Zinka tells you, "85."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "I'm level 78."

Zinka tells you, "Up to you."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "How about a spar first."

Zinka tells you, "Alright, I'll meet you in Delos."

You throw down the gauntlet and issue a formal challenge to Zinka to face you in single combat.

Zinka throws down the gauntlet and issues a formal challenge to face her in single combat - to the death, and all the loss that implies! ACCEPT ZINKA in order to do so.

accept zinka

You have been slain by Zinka.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red.

You have been defeated and are thrown out of the Arena.
    The spectator stands of the Matsuhama Arena.

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "Did you do to the death?"

Zinka tells you, "Aye, you didn't know?"

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "No... that's why I did it in the arena."

Zinka tells you, "Arg, sorry."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "That was dishonourable."

Zinka tells you, "Um, you accepted."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "Had I known you were going to do that, there is no way I would have."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "Hence me challenging you."

Zinka tells you, "I thought you realised I did it."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, ""how about a spar first"."

You tell Dame Zinka El'Jahiem, Marshal of Phaestus, "Those were my exact words."

You say, "I have no idea how you can justify that."

Zinka says in a softly lilting voice, "You ACCEPTED."

• @Peak you fail so badly, Ever tought of reading? you Accepted a spar to death... then you complain about it? If you wanted a spar then SPAR, don't accept it otherwise. You really need a whaaaambulance.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oceana said:

Vangelis, a liveried messenger boy strides into view, bowing deeply to you.

I thought someone was playing with illusions. That name! Awesome...

Phaestus has an amusing sense of humor!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby