Memorable quotes

Comments

• I was being IC. We agreed to spar, so we went to delos, I challenge her just before she challenged me. By show of hands, who would have caught that?
  • edited October 2012
    Peak said:

Zinka throws down the gauntlet and issues a formal challenge to face her in single combat - to the death, and all the loss that implies! ACCEPT ZINKA in order to do so.

accept zinka

...you accepted. This seems more like a "Oops, I should have read the fine print!" than a "OMG, she's such a bad Knight!".

ETA: Even if it was right after, it still strikes me as more of an "Oops" and an incident of miscommunication. Considering that you were thinking of a duel in the first place, is it really a big deal?

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• It seems like it was an honest mistake rather than some underhanded scheme to trick you into fighting to the death. Besides, I'm not really sure what the point of the regular spar would have been other than for you to see if you could win against her before committing to actually losing anything.
  • practice, obviously
  • Look, Peak, I get dying sucks, but is this really -such- an outrage that you have to rant about it over two threads and numerous posts?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I'm annoyed, not outraged. I am just responding as can be expected to rebuttals. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Zinka dueling to the death was weird, and her defending it after a simple apology was unnecessary, but nothing "dishonorable" took place. It's less Knightly for you to complain about a death than it is for her to make a mistake.

And you starbursted, so your actual loss was ~1% experience and whatever cures/venoms were used. You'll be fine.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • By the way, Peak. Keep in mind it's only one starburst death - honour > 1% exp.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited October 2012
    Starburst xp loss = normal xp loss, as far as I know

Edit: Well, the AB file says half. The few times I used starburst I definitely felt like it was full though. Which is the main reason I don't use starburst anymore.
  • edited October 2012
    nevermind
  • I don't know about the rest of you but "definitely felt like" is scientific enough for me!

On a more serious note, there's a very definite difference between the amount of experience lost from a starburst death and a full death.
  • Was it IC dishonour? Very doubtful.  
    Was it an accident on her part? Don't count on it.
    Did she do it to be a jerk? Signs point to yes.

Just my opinion, though, albeit strongly influenced by my new magic 8 ball.

• Crack it open, drink the liquid inside and interrogate the thing, this is clearly a matter of supreme importance.
  • just be careful, breaking them can apparently be highly addicting

• Mystic Moses (male Dwarf).
    He is 329 years old, having been born on the 24th of Phaestian, 279 years after the fall of the 
    Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 1515th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a Peasant in Hashan.
    He is considered to be approximately 45% of your might.
    He is a Mystic in the Spirit Walkers.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His warcry: 'Welcome to the land of Milk and Honey'
    He has been engaged to be married to Lil' Lorelei Lee for 3326 months.

Exodus 3:8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey...

Hrm... 
  • @Vayne now I need to watch that movie
    meh

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    XP loss from burst from PK is only a third of a truedeath. Burst death from denizens is the same
  • Man, Peak's log really reminds me why Achaea is such a stand-up game of high class individuals.

How disRespectful of Zinka, I'm ashamed of my twin.
    [-X
  • Mannimar said:
    Mystic Moses (male Dwarf).
    He is 329 years old, having been born on the 24th of Phaestian, 279 years after the fall of the 
    Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 1515th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a Peasant in Hashan.
    He is considered to be approximately 45% of your might.
    He is a Mystic in the Spirit Walkers.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His warcry: 'Welcome to the land of Milk and Honey'
    He has been engaged to be married to Lil' Lorelei Lee for 3326 months.

Exodus 3:8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey...

Hrm... 
    You say to Moses in a deep, Swedish accent, "Moses, Moses, Moses...."
  • In the words of anonymous Company of Heroes riflemen squads:

"God damn, GIs, make me proud."
  • I saw him the other day standing in the burning Ithmias, talking to a tree.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    It was a bush!
  • I tought we banned George Bush....

• Zinka is the best <3

• 2012/10/22 10:04:03 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:05 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:05 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:06 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:07 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:08 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:04:09 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:05:03 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.
    2012/10/22 10:05:03 - Credits: +3. Reason: Citizen purchase.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    Elite membership?