Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

1371372374376377387

Comments

  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 759 @ - Epic Achaean
    You can SING stuff just like you can use says. You also whisper, and scream them too!
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,433 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 13
    Singing is one of the hardest things to pull off if you are intending on delivering lyics and a tune/harmony/melody. The best way I’ve found is to match the lyrics roughly to your tune and sing it appropriately, with growling/rough/harmoniously/softly/vigorously etc etc and testing it on characters. A good way is to pick well known songs and rewrite lyrics and test it. Some people will pick up and give you feedback OOC on if you hit it, and sometimes just singing melodiously with the lyrics can make players create a tune to match it to. Part of IC singing I enjoy the most is hearing people try to match it or do the same in return! 

    There are probably better ways, but I’ve found this actually gets players responding and creates a fun little character scenario.


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    ReiLarkmirShirszaeVender
  • FinchyFinchy Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 16
    Question: how does one appropriately write out a character singing? Are things like:

    "Sleep now... Little dreamer~ "

    allowed? Especially when a note or word may be drawn out.


    @Minifie has given a better answer than I can, but I'll add that setting the theme with whatever props, location and emotive behaviour you have can help bridge the gap that audio cues would otherwise give. I worked on some shanties recently and the difference between putting them down on paper, and having a back-and-forth with a few players on a ship is quite a bit.

    There's a similar problem with showing metre and cadence in spoken verse. One school of thought is to actively notate it with a solidus or slash (/), another is the use of ellipsis. I honestly don't bother at all because I'm not competent enough, but I've seen it pulled off by those better than me by using either, or in rare cases just being @gnaash

  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

    Thanks for your tim!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,545 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Astarod said:
    I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

    Thanks for your tim!
    Uhh, can you give me an example of artefact powers you can't use as an elemental lord?
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Penwize said:
    Astarod said:
    I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

    Thanks for your tim!
    Uhh, can you give me an example of artefact powers you can't use as an elemental lord?
    I was told by.. hrm. Yeah, nvm. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,312 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm legitimately confused by this. Am I genuinely missing something here? It bugs me to no end that I can't use the plural version for handling this regeant.

    Message 2141

    Sent By: Achaea on 19 Mar 2019, 11:10

    Your bug report (detail: Third time reporting this in three years: The reagent, shark teeth, only operates in the singular, never in the plural (i.e. you have to do inr 50 shark tooth and cannot do 50 shark teeth). Please fix this for grouping.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved. The following notes were included: This is standard across all groupable items.


    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/_dwioAc2



  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagents
    [ 2500] buffalo horn [ 451] fish scales [ 3] gold
    flakes
    [ 470] ink bladder [ 1387] lumic moss [ 822] red chitin
    [ 2500] red clay [ 768] shark tooth [ 786] wyrm

    One fish scales
    Two fish scales

    One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth



    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Plak
  • PlakPlak Member Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    No gold flakes.
    Kyrra
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,312 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagents
    [ 2500] buffalo horn [ 451] fish scales [ 3] gold
    flakes
    [ 470] ink bladder [ 1387] lumic moss [ 822] red chitin
    [ 2500] red clay [ 768] shark tooth [ 786] wyrm

    One fish scales
    Two fish scales

    One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth


    Yes, my issue being the plural of tooth isn't tooth. It's teeth...


  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 471 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Message #216        Sent by Achaea
    2019/3/19/20:59 Your bug report (detail: insulation on defs is: You are coated in an insulating
    unguent.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things 
    are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may 
    be involved.
  • IloiseeIloisee Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kresslack said:
    Klendathu said:
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagents
    [ 2500] buffalo horn [ 451] fish scales [ 3] gold
    flakes
    [ 470] ink bladder [ 1387] lumic moss [ 822] red chitin
    [ 2500] red clay [ 768] shark tooth [ 786] wyrm

    One fish scales
    Two fish scales

    One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth


    Yes, my issue being the plural of tooth isn't tooth. It's teeth...
    They're likely just not going to "fix" this because the item name is probably "tooth" (e.g. tooth23553) and the program can parse partial item names but not wholly different words. So it's a group containing a list of the same item (tooth63513, tooth13573, etc.) to the program. Fixing the plurality would require changing the item ID for every object or creating a unique item ID for every group formed. 

    Probably. I just still think it's funny to get the message, 'You have no "teeth".'

    Archaeon said:
    Message #216        Sent by Achaea
    2019/3/19/20:59 Your bug report (detail: insulation on defs is: You are coated in an insulating
    unguent.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things 
    are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may 
    be involved.
    I've read this several times and I can't find the problem.
    Jiraishin
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kresslack said:
    Klendathu said:
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagents
    [ 2500] buffalo horn [ 451] fish scales [ 3] gold
    flakes
    [ 470] ink bladder [ 1387] lumic moss [ 822] red chitin
    [ 2500] red clay [ 768] shark tooth [ 786] wyrm

    One fish scales
    Two fish scales

    One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth


    Yes, my issue being the plural of tooth isn't tooth. It's teeth...
    And the singular of scales is scale. It's inconsistent, but the names don't change if singular or plural.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • RispokRispok Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Archaeon said:
    Message #216        Sent by Achaea
    2019/3/19/20:59 Your bug report (detail: insulation on defs is: You are coated in an insulating
    unguent.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things 
    are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may 
    be involved.
    I can only assume this is the perceived error. It's not an error.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Now, if you were coated in an insulating ungulate, that would be an error. Also hilarious.


    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
  • NicolaNicola Administrator Posts: 811 Achaean staff
    The lesser known tundral rhinocerous, who appears only to lost mountaineers mere seconds before they succumb to the fast falling temperatures of a clear night, is oft dismissed as the phantasmal creation of a mind upon the brink of death.
    JiraishinFinchy
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nicola said:
    The lesser known tundral rhinoceros, who appears only to lost mountaineers mere seconds before they succumb to the fast falling temperatures of a clear night, is oft dismissed as the phantasmal creation of a mind upon the brink of death.
    Oh, so -that's- who makes the mountaineer quivers.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
    FinchyAstarod
  • VenderVender Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Does anyone have to full list of what can be contained in the table gmcp.Room.Info.details?
    it's frustration that creates desire
    not the other way around
    unless you let it
    baby, I'll let it
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,403 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

    Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,312 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:

    Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
    Maybe Caer Witrin for the lace?


  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

    Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
    Could also describe it as 'sheer, embroidered lace' maybe?

  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,322 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

    Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
    I'd suggest picking a way to describe the lace rather than trying to call it Chantilly lace. Or having a backup plan to do that in case the first design is rejected. 

  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 471 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
          
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,312 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is there an easy way to track what forging descriptors you've mastered, or are making progress on, other than manually going through and tracking?




  • ShubShub Member Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Are there any abilities/items/artefacts that grant one the ability to force denizen movement in any way?

  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,322 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Apostates can, doesn't work on "strong" mobs.

  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,522 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Some classes can battlerage fear too, but that's also not usable on all mobs.
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,403 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

    Prepare to argue before it's approved, if at all.

    Jiraishin
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    Tahquil said:
    Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

    Prepare to argue before it's approved, if at all.
    Yeah. Design standards change, and have been drastically tightened recently. They won't delete old designs from old regimes, but will not approve new ones that don't fit the new rules.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
Sign In to Comment.