Quick Questions

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jiraishin said:
    Hashani, Cyrenian, Mhaldorian, Targossian, Eleusian, Ashtani.
    I think she is pointing out that the language is indeed called Cyrenese, not Cyrenian.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Shirszae said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Hashani, Cyrenian, Mhaldorian, Targossian, Eleusian, Ashtani.
    I think she is pointing out that the language is indeed called Cyrenese, not Cyrenian.
    Weeeeird. Did not know that.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Englese?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    It’s always been Cyrenese to me. It went well with Shallamese before that all got washed away.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I was looking into HELP BACKGROUND and there seemed to be two aspects to it, if I'm understanding it right... COMPOSE BACKGROUND and VIEW BACKGROUND seem to be for a short summary of a character's life, while COMPOSE HISTORY and VIEW HISTORY seem to be for a longer version with chapters. 

Do I have it right or am I confused? I have to be sure since it can never be changed. Does anyone have both a background and a history?
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Very few people actually use the formal Background function. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Didn’t even know about it, but hell yeah. Gone look into that now!
  • I had forgotten entirely that backgrounds were a thing! I don't know that I've ever even looked at one before. 

• Jiraishin said:
    Very few people actually use the formal Background function. 

I'm aware! But I do know a few people who have used the BACKGROUND part, not the chapters, so I was hoping there would be someone out there who might know something about it. Admin, if no one else.
  • Freeling said:
    I was looking into HELP BACKGROUND and there seemed to be two aspects to it, if I'm understanding it right... COMPOSE BACKGROUND and VIEW BACKGROUND seem to be for a short summary of a character's life, while COMPOSE HISTORY and VIEW HISTORY seem to be for a longer version with chapters. 

Do I have it right or am I confused? I have to be sure since it can never be changed. Does anyone have both a background and a history?
    I am glad to hear someone else mention this because I am constantly trying to find backgrounds to creep and nobody seems to use them, as has been mentioned. I have never actually used either BACKGROUND or HISTORY but I have spent a lot of time looking for other people's, looking at the help scrolls for them, and having almost these exact questions floating around my head!

The way I interpret it is that BACKGROUND is a summary of a character's life up to the beginning of their time as an adventurer, with maybe a little about novicehood and early in-game life, whereas HISTORY chapters are for recording the actual roleplayed experiences of a character, like I would LOVE if everybody actually used histories because everyone could write about how they were affected by the third Black Wave, but anyway.

So I am not sure if this is the way they were officially intended to be used, but I always thought BACKGROUND was less detail about a longer time period (ages 0-18ish) and HISTORY was more detail about (variable but presumably) shorter time periods. 

• I think @Gavriil has one!
  • To those of you that have actually done extensive questing in Yggdrasil:

What talismans are actually completable from just questing?

Are some pieces rarer than others? I have a lot of duplicates in like five different sets, of which I have maybe only 1 or 2 unique pieces.

• I stopped going to the tree much because of how annoying it is to get there. Why spend 2 minutes walking to an area when I have like 100 main plane areas that take 5 seconds to get to? The bashing on plane is also massively better.

I love the tree, the lore, the areas, the new quests, and all the new features. But I think it is a pretty big miss to have places in the game be so annoying to get to (same with chops). Take away the rats, slavers, vines that attack you, the 20? seconds to get into the tree (during which I usually have to turn off all my mana draining defences because sip mana/embrace flame still doesn't work), then another embrace once you get to an area, make some areas actually viable high end bashing grounds, and I'd probably go every day.

Anyway, I've gotten some fire crystal pieces that were from quests. That was nice. 

• edited May 2019
    I never got a piece higher than the fire crystal. Once I completed that, I didn’t really do anymore of the quests. Too much effort to actually complete something, since mostly it’s duplicates. I don’t think it’s a legitimate way to get say a criers bell, the sheer amount of times you would have to do it make it unappealing.

@Cooper I look at all those as free cape charges.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • In order from what I've found to be rarest to most common,

Fire Crystal
    Shapingtome
    Nexus Cube
    Yggdrasil Tablet
    Squargon Mount
    Vladblom Blossom
    Dreadpilar Figurine
  • What does the sighting nexus do? The announce post is fantastically non-descriptive.
  • It gives flavorful lore messages about the various celestial bodies when used on Sapience and the different tiers of Yggdrasil.

LSadly it doesnt work on elemental planes, Annwyn or Underworld even though youd think it would.
  • Can quest sourced talisman pieces be traded?
  • They can just like any other piece.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Backgrounds are basically your character history up to 18 years old and history is for writing about significant chapters that happen in your life from that point forward.

It was mandatory to have a written background for guild advancement in the Runewardens forever ago but I wish it was possible to delete them or be able to redo them. For an alt it is not so bad but as someone fresh to the game that didn’t have my head wrapped around a lot, there are some things I would change. I think I made Kyrra’s background private as a result.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Backgrounds are basically your character history up to 18 years old and history is for writing about significant chapters that happen in your life from that point forward.

It was mandatory to have a written background for guild advancement in the Runewardens forever ago but I wish it was possible to delete them or be able to redo them. For an alt it is not so bad but as someone fresh to the game that didn’t have my head wrapped around a lot, there are some things I would change. I think I made Kyrra’s background private as a result.
    This is why they aren't used so much.. I never did one because if I can't change it (even if only to offer the clarity of more perspective over time) then I don't want to be shackled.  I would never make a newbie who doesn't have an idea what is going on, or [theoretically] any idea of the lore surrounding their initial backstory, cement it in stone.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    When you drop something in a shop stockroom that is already stocked and priced, shouldn't it automatically update the priced inventory?

• Kresslack said:
    When you drop something in a shop stockroom that is already stocked and priced, shouldn't it automatically update the priced inventory?
    I think the main reason behind not doing this was probably due to Weapons/Armour having stats and being priced the same even though one could have good stats and the other not. Doubt the reasoning is still relevant, though.
  • Is the bara'hir of the Istar Jungle just a squargon? :?
  • Kresslack said:
    In my experience, sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. I haven't figured out which it applies to or what the reasoning is.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes you can "buy 10 <12345>" and sometimes you can't (the number changes).
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Same as above. And it's also really inconsistent.

I do know that if are existing items still in stock, the inventory won't update to reflect the items you topped up. It's actually really confusing to explain it this way so uh... an example:

I had 5 red socks for sale.

Option 1) I have 4 red socks left. I go into my stockroom and drop another red sock. The inventory will definitely not increase, I have to manually reprice it to update the inventory.

Option 2) I totally sold out on red socks. I go in and drop 1 red sock in the stockroom. There is a chance that 1 red sock appears in my wares at the proper price. :s

I haven't taken the time to test this extensively especially in relation to bins, but that's my experience at any rate.

• Actually, the other day I was stocking flowers, I had 1 cheerful yellow tulip, dropped 2 more and it DID update, without me repricing. I don't know the rules but it does work sometimes. And sometimes it does not. 
  • Can you still find blood rubies in the game?
  • Afaik you can't get them anymore, but I haven't looked for them in a very, very long time.