Mudlet Mapper - Crowdmap

Comments

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Shadrac said:
    Is there a way to remove the strings from MCONFIG that have Lusternia in them?

I found the script and commented them out but they still show.

Thanks!
    Was helped with this IG.  Thanks @Veldrin.
  • Achimrst said:
    Melodie said:
    The lastest crowdmap update seems to have broken the Eastern Ithmia in terms of map. Either that or it somehow changed around.

@Vadimuses, @Qwindor or someone who maintains the map, could it get a quick fix, please?
    Broke the highway near Moghedu too, or at least on mine it did

Targossas no longer exists on mine as well. :P  WELP.

• Aluciana said:
    Achimrst said:
    Melodie said:
    The lastest crowdmap update seems to have broken the Eastern Ithmia in terms of map. Either that or it somehow changed around.

@Vadimuses, @Qwindor or someone who maintains the map, could it get a quick fix, please?
    Broke the highway near Moghedu too, or at least on mine it did

Targossas no longer exists on mine as well. :P  WELP.
    They don't let me in the city anyway, I'm glad their gone again :P j/k
  • As far as I see Targ, EI are still there and are walkable...

this is what my map looks like for the Eastern Ithmia
  • edited April 2014
    same here @Riley

That's Targ for me.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

@Iakimen said hi.

Run Luci, run!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AubreyAubrey in hot place

Hello. I am having problems with the mapper. Crowdmap is true and it says it downloaded it but when I use this:

You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Nimala.

You see that Nimala is at A massive gatehouse.  (30958)  (?)

With anyone even those who I can walk to, it doesn't show the area (?).

help please?

• edited May 2014

I didn't post earlier because I have limited knowledge on mappers and I figured someone else would help you, but since nobody has posted I'll try to help.

@Aubrey

When I first downloaded the map, I had the same issue as you did. What I did to fix it was I clicked package manager on the mudlet toolbar and uninstalled my mapping script. I then went to this page:

http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script

And downloaded where it says "latest version".

Then you go to package manner and click install and click the place that you downloaded the latest version to. 

Hope that fixes it for you.

• AubreyAubrey in hot place

Thank you @Santar!

• Hi!  My mudlet mapper suddenly keeled over and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.  I was walking along and one room was fine, then suddenly it switched to "No map or valid position" and has been stuck there ever since. 

I tried updating the map, uninstalling and re installing the map, and reinstalling mudlet all together but to no avail.   Anyone ever had this happen to them? :pensive: 

edited May 2014
    I've been having a small issue recently - it's more one of convienance than anything, but it is slightly annoying.

It used to be I could, say, goto mirror caves from wherever and it would walk me there, use the portal (when having the pebble option checked) and go fine. Now when I try, I get this:

goto mirror caves
    (mapper): I checked 1 of the 2 possible exits "mirror caves" has, but none of the ways there worked and it was taking too long :( try doing this again?
    goto mirror caves
    (mapper): Checked 2 exits in that area, and none of them worked :( I Don't know how to get you there.

Not terribly sure what the issue is since I haven't changed the map. The pebble option is still on 'yes', and I'm trying to do the command from Eleusis (though I have tried doing this from multiple locations, all with the same result - however once I manually walk to Sea Lion Cove, touch the portal and do goto mirror caves, it's fine). 

Any insights into the problem?

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited May 2014
    Melodie said:
    I've been having a small issue recently - it's more one of convienance than anything, but it is slightly annoying.

It used to be I could, say, goto mirror caves from wherever and it would walk me there, use the portal (when having the pebble option checked) and go fine. Now when I try, I get this:

goto mirror caves
    (mapper): I checked 1 of the 2 possible exits "mirror caves" has, but none of the ways there worked and it was taking too long :( try doing this again?
    goto mirror caves
    (mapper): Checked 2 exits in that area, and none of them worked :( I Don't know how to get you there.

Not terribly sure what the issue is since I haven't changed the map. The pebble option is still on 'yes', and I'm trying to do the command from Eleusis (though I have tried doing this from multiple locations, all with the same result - however once I manually walk to Sea Lion Cove, touch the portal and do goto mirror caves, it's fine). 

Any insights into the problem?

No insight, but seconding. I have the same problem, and I heard others were having this issue too.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

I told Qwindor about this night before last.  I believe he said he accidentally deleted something.  I assume a fix will be in shortly.

• Lets get Targossas arena and Annwyn fixed!   :#:#

• So.. @Qwindor deleted files for me and this still happens. Just got me killed heh.

i'm a rebel

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Yes the meropis pebble will be updated and fixed when I get off my 24 hour shift. Annwyn is one of those places I can't really add in to exit because of how random it places you and I have to put a place for it to go for it to work but it then tries to use Annwyn as a shortcut. As for the arena I will see what I can do when I can get back in there again.

• edited May 2014

Why does mudlet mapper use this for mind sense:

mmp.locateAndEcho(multimatches[2][2])

I think it should be this:

mmp.locateAndEchoSide(multimatches[2][3], multimatches[2][2])

Requires adding (  ) to the person's name in the mind sense trigger.

• Thanks, fixed.

• Vadimuses said:

Thanks @Vadi! That helped, only problem is now Nishnatoba doesn't exist? Heh. Is that on purpose in an update or something?

• Nu... should still be there.

• Mudlet downloads from Dropbox are stuffed; Dropbox are now enforcing a secure link (https) and Mudlet doesn't support it. Crowdmap updates won't work until I find a way.

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark

looked into bitcasa? The link it gives when you want to share a file is http and not https. It's free and you get 5gb from just signing up.

• edited June 2014

Their link still redirects to https :(

$ wget http://l.bitcasa.com/-aCdIcnZ

--2014-06-29 06:51:34--  http://l.bitcasa.com/-aCdIcnZ

Resolving l.bitcasa.com (l.bitcasa.com)... 184.169.151.60

Connecting to l.bitcasa.com (l.bitcasa.com)|184.169.151.60|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 MOVED PERMANENTLY

Location: https://my.bitcasa.com/send/ec95cc29b680051174091ab7abe17f6e1cabd4225071c06cc0de1015925007b7/6c1aa05ebed51302ec6cba738cfcabb208e3073c2bf262c86721512c36973a87 [following]

• I'm working on a different solution, no ETA though. The map will be hosted on my server instead and the server will just sync it from dropbox (dropbox for ease of use for mappers).

• New method is in, update your mapper script to get crowdmap updates again. The mapper script should be able to update on its own because it doesn't come from dropbox.

Looks like all's working! One tiny issue, not really sure why it's doing this, but after I got it installed, I decided to do a force map update to be sure I had the latest, and the following happened:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6c57057d

Does not seem to be any working issues otherwise, though! Just wasn't sure if that was normal or not.