Combat Logs

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2014
    Corrupt only heals evileye affs, not all affs.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • That's still paralysis, impatience, anorexia, asthma, reckless and weariness. So the concern is a valid one (breaking somebody out of a lock). It's not like it's just a "full heal" though, and it comes with pretty significant downsides in the health and mana damage. It would be nice if Corrupt was just totally reworked though, it's pretty dumb at the minute with a ridiculous disparity between 16 int and 19 int. As the damage scales per aff, and the int modifider scales per aff (around 6% per at 16 int, 10% at 19 int), you get a +4% difference on every aff the target has. On 5 affs that's a difference in 20% health and mana damage from 16 to 19 int. It makes it useless if you don''t have at least a Level 2 Sash to scale the damage into dangerous levels. 
    edited September 2014
    I think it's magical. I would have to double-check that. Considering it scales off int, I imagine it has to be, and pretty sure Dartega told me it was.

Jovolo, when I say evileye affs, I mean those affs only delivered -as- evileye, so if you give them asthma via whatever venom, then corrupt won't cure that. I'm not sure if you can only corrupt your own evileye affs too (would need to test that), but I can tell you only affs as delivered by evileye and by no other means (aka no other afflictions in necromancy or apostasy, no venoms at all and so on) can be corrupted. I don't think people are going to use this to break out of locks, and it can't be used on allies to do so.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2014
    It actually cures afflictions from any source except like gecko (and a couple others).
  • edited September 2014
    It cures all afflictions from any source that evil eye can give. Does least with physical and stupidity, more with focusables and the most with smokeables( only manaleech)

• Melodie said:
    I think it's magical. I would have to double-check that. Considering it scales off int, I imagine it has to be, and pretty sure Dartega told me it was.
    Damage type has nothing to do with stat bonuses. There are magical attacks increased by strength (like void-infused drawslash) and physical attacks increased by int (like star and thurisaz).
    Scrub here, I will just keep moving along!
  • edited September 2014
    Melodie said:

Jovolo, when I say evileye affs, I mean those affs only delivered -as- evileye, so if you give them asthma via whatever venom, then corrupt won't cure that. I'm not sure if you can only corrupt your own evileye affs too (would need to test that), but I can tell you only affs as delivered by evileye and by no other means (aka no other afflictions in necromancy or apostasy, no venoms at all and so on) can be corrupted. I don't think people are going to use this to break out of locks, and it can't be used on allies to do so.
    This is wrong, it doesn't matter where the aff came from.

It also does scale with sash of course, considering it scales with int. Collar does nothing to it. 
  • Scales with sash. I think you got sash and collar confused, Daeir. And it's unblockable damage that is a useless offensive strategy for probably 16 int and below and pretty useful for 18 and 19. I was going to classlead a fix, but got lazy and only classleaded an Apostate nerf.
  • I think they should change it to only cure afflictions given by the owner. Ive only seen corrupt used as a cure-all for allies.
  • I've used Corrupt plenty of time fighting Ernam when he was Monk. Ask him how it feels! And Eleison once the first time I killed him as an Apostate a fair while back.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I was under the impression that it only cured afflictions given by the Apostate. If not, that's insanely potent in group combat. 

• Kinda similar to a monk and a serpent locking in 2 balances. Or enlighten with a monk. Etc. 

• Yeah if you think that's a fast kill for 3 people I don't know what to tell you. (Hell that's not a fast kill for 2 people)
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• He didn't need to, I gave the examples. There are of course a lot more but it's not necessary to write them all. 

• edited September 2014
    I would wish that two or three people dedicate themselves trying to pull off a corrupt instead of just killing me.
  • Get corrupted means para cured means chance to escape, so....yeah. Batter corrupt is decent but batter eq sort of long and it doesn't time out well. You can also do a lot of other more secure stuff to kill people.

• I think offensive corrupt is fine. Corrupting to heal someone is dumb and isn't something Apostates should really be capable of. Healing someone, especially at a quick rate, is a pretty limited feature in Achaea.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    make it so you can  only corrupt stained people maybe? Would slow it down a hell of a lot plus add a nasty debuff to anyone that needs healing.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Don't forget that corrupting someone does significant damage. If it's healing them to the point where they aren't in affliction danger anymore, their health will be in danger. 

• My corrupt does 1-2% per affliction. Lol.
  • Stop speaking poor, please
  • edited September 2014
    I'm not really talking about mid-combat heals so much as having the ability to heal people in general. It's a really strong utility that I don't think belongs with Apostates. It's obvious that corrupt wasn't meant to be used as a heal.

Pyradius can unlock people quickly the same way, but at least with Occultist, they have fool tarot anyways. So it's not like they were given a super-utility they didn't have before.

• Joined egghunt with 12m left. Shit was intense.

- 2014/09/29 18:14:15 - Mithridates's life has been frozen and shattered by Daimyo Mizik Corten, 
    Herald of Ruin.
    - 2014/09/29 18:15:21 - Asenath's life has been frozen and shattered by Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald 
    of Ruin.
    - 2014/09/29 18:16:18 - Joiella's life has been frozen and shattered by Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald 
    of Ruin.
    - 2014/09/29 18:16:29 - His deranged mind offering no resistance, Carbine falls to the recondite 
    power of Ranger Josoul, a roverin' wanderer.
    - 2014/09/29 18:17:19 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Bheiyru to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:17:35 - His deranged mind offering no resistance, Carbine falls to the recondite 
    power of Ranger Josoul, a roverin' wanderer.
    - 2014/09/29 18:18:24 - Clawing her victim's eyes out viciously, Kru'lax, the Harpy Queen has made 
    short work of Rawan.
    - 2014/09/29 18:18:58 - Nadria has battered Sleik to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:19:49 - His deranged mind offering no resistance, Aeni falls to the recondite power 
    of Void Carnifex Jinsun Ze'Dekiah, Twin-born Assassin.
    - 2014/09/29 18:20:22 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Atalkez to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:20:33 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Keijima to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:20:50 - Dajio falls to the arrows of Datrius Esben-Gunnar, Keeper of the Storm.
    - 2014/09/29 18:21:30 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Lupiino to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:22:31 - Marsali has been slain by the might of a one-eyed, convulsing priest.
    - 2014/09/29 18:25:26 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Keijima to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:25:36 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Carbine to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:25:42 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Carbine to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:26:17 - Dajio's life has been frozen and shattered by Mithridates Phyrros.
    - 2014/09/29 18:26:21 - Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin has battered Dajio to death.
    - 2014/09/29 18:27:31 - Mithridates falls in a blaze of silver to Daimyo Mizik Corten, Herald of 
    Ruin's sword, Blazing Monkey.

dat BM dps doe
  • Rangor said:
    not sure if trying to complain about soulspear, santar, or get monk/numb nerfed
  • Nerf catharsis, goes through numb
  • Scrub pref arrow at the end. Lrn2 deathsight
  • Rangor said:
    not sure if trying to complain about soulspear, santar, or get monk/numb nerfed
    Let's go for all three. Not to mention the snipe uzi thing you guys had going there. I just saw arrow hits scroll by faster than I could read while I was spamming earring and duanathar.