Combat Logs

Comments

• Rangor said:
    shoulda used passive bedevil to stay on top of them afflicts.
    Seems easier to stay on top of afflictions using HEAL ME commands rather than disabling it entirely for passive bedevil. Especially against Occies.
  • Talysin said:
    Rangor said:
    shoulda used passive bedevil to stay on top of them afflicts.
    Seems easier to stay on top of afflictions using HEAL ME commands rather than disabling it entirely for passive bedevil. Especially against Occies.
    and that's why priests have been so bad for so long.  RIP bad priests.  Your salvation has come.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    What class is @Eleison now? I know in the above log he was priest but... Just curious. My best educated guess is Blademaster since they're getting lunge this classlead round.

Not going to edit this to add a ':P'
  • So I was only slightly wrong, Hecate + Whispering Madness made the afflictions uncurable/unbedevilable.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    yes priests are so OP and need to be downgraded more and more. 

contemplate Hirst
    Hirst's mana stands at 7609/7646.
    smite Hirst
    chasten Hirst
    dis
    heal Hirst blind
    heal Hirst deafness
    DISRUPT Hirst earth
       |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||- 99% mana
    5808h, 4278m, 26660e, 20331w cexkdbE-(-100m, 2.2%)
    With a baying howl, a chaos hound leaps upon you and slashes viciously at you with teeth and claws.
    5064h, 4278m, 26660e, 20331w cexkdbE-(-744h, 12.8%)
    You utter a prayer and smite Hirst with a bronze mace wreathed in flame.
    Your attack causes Hirst to glow a vibrant violet, and a lash of energy whips back at you.
    4795h, 4278m, 26626e, 20331w cekdbE-(-269h, 4.6%)
    Hirst reaches out and clenches a fist before you. You scream and double over in agony as your skin
    bubbles with gangrenous growths.
    3447h, 4278m, 26626e, 20331w cekdbE-(sip health)(-1348h, 23.2%)
    You direct a dark bolt of energy through your mace towards Hirst. The curse of stupidity is brought
    down on to your victim.
    3447h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE-(-100m, 2.2%)
    Jinsun draws back with a knowing smirk and utters some alien word that vibrates deep within your
    bones. Your mind swirls and body convulses in excruciating pain as your very spirit cries out in
    agony.
    605h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE-(eat irid|outr 1 irid)(-2842h, 48.9%)
    You move sluggishly into action.

(svo): Slow curing mode enabled.

(svo):  (autotsc) - command denies enabled.
    (a) 605h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE[ae]-(smoke 178211)
    (a) 605h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE[ae]-
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Hirst.
    You take a long drag of slippery elm off your pipe.
    The curse of the Aeon wears off and you return to the normal timestream. (1.212s) (9 elm left)

(svo): Slow curing mode disabled.
    605h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE-(sip health|sip speed|eat irid|outr 1 irid)
    Vithincus's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    A diminutive homunculus resembling Vithincus stares menacingly at Hirst, its eyes flashing brightly.
    605h, 4178m, 26626e, 20311w ckdbE-
    You take a drink from an orangewood vial.

• edited September 2014
    So, because you got truenamed, that means Priest doesn't need to be looked at?
    Or am I missing something.

• You just wait until jovolo or ayoxele makes a lolpvp alt and go double priest and start ganking/killing people with only tritrans and no arties.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Rangor said:
    You just wait until jovolo or ayoxele makes a lolpvp alt and go double priest and start ganking/killing people with only tritrans and no arties.
    Jovolo has like six already.

• Caladbolg said:
    Rangor said:
    You just wait until jovolo or ayoxele makes a lolpvp alt and go double priest and start ganking/killing people with only tritrans and no arties.
    Jovolo has like six already.
    I know, but are any of them priest?
  • Daeir said:
    Truename is a dumb skill though, you have to admit. Kill a person once then get a tool that makes it substantially easier to achieve in the future. What?
    Make it so that using a truename or soulspear on someone activates a flag that, should they die within 5 minutes, prevents their corpse from being used to make another truename or soulspear.
  • That's basically already the case for Truename...
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    That's basically already the case for Truename...
    Obviously the admins liked my idea so much they implemented them retroactively.
  • Perma disrupt is so ugly. RIP - will not be missed. It's just so... abusable. I feel dirty for even using it haha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Daeir said:
    Truename is a dumb skill though, you have to admit. Kill a person once then get a tool that makes it substantially easier to achieve in the future. What?
    Kill a person, and you can only use that skill on that person, it decays, and you can only have a cap amount?

VS Soulspear

Can be used on anyone, at any time, does similar damage (without aeon) but impale, usually only used in groups with snipers as well, doesn't decay, no cap on amount.

Yeaahhh...Truename is fine dude. And you can't truename a corpse that was truenamed to kill, IIRC
  • wut soulspears have like 12 days on them
  • edited September 2014
    Kross said:
    Daeir said:
    Kill a person, and you can only use that skill on that person, it decays, and you can only have a cap amount?

VS Soulspear

Can be used on anyone, at any time, does similar damage (without aeon) but impale, usually only used in groups with snipers as well, doesn't decay, no cap on amount.

Yeaahhh...Truename is fine dude. And you can't truename a corpse that was truenamed to kill, IIRC
    This is a bit disingenuous of a description. If you're going to call it like that, it should read:

Truename - Person dies and you get their corpse, does % damage (minimum expected close to 50%, usually 48%) affected by artefacts & gives aeon through speed and also goes through/breaks shield, can be done in melee and not LoS, cap of 3 per person and 50 max and it decays. Usually used in a group with snipers/teammates, can be used solo.

Soulspear - Person dies and you get their corpse, does damage dependent on level of corpse used to create the spear and impales/prones and artefacts do nothing toward it, but shield prevents the damage/impale/prone in which case it only strips shield, can be done in LoS and not melee, no cap and it decays. Usually used in a group with snipers/teammates, can be used solo.

Are we just wanting to make them the same exact ability, or?

Now, I don't think soulspear is perfect as-is, but this recent trend of trying to proclaim soulspear as some unparalleled ability-God of Achaean Combat is getting annoying. It should receive some nerfs along the lines of making them harder to horde, sure. An inventory cap of 10 with the decay rate shortened to an in-game year seems reasonable. Comparing its limitations and such to truename doesn't make sense to me. Should we make Thornspray an ability that requires a stored corpse by the Metamorph that only lasts for a certain amount of days and can't be used if the target was killed after being hit by thornspray etc etc?
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    At least it wasn't a ranger's bow.
  • By the way, Soulspear is a 7-day decay. It is quite powerful and useful in group situations, but keep in mind that it's almost only useful in group situations. A Soulspear throw has a longer balance recovery (7s-9s?, unsure) than the target needs to writhe from it, so it's not like we Apostates could follow up on them like Lupines or something, though the latter is a lvl3 artefact. It is impossible to kill alone nor Soulspear does help single combat in any form. Though unnecessary, I wouldn't personally whine on a reasonable nerf.

That being said, the hate for the spear is immense! Trust me, I know - I've gotten contracts on me stating 'for taking corpses and making soulspears out of them' before.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    bring tripblock back

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Copper triplejabs you with the rapier of doom. 
    You have been slain. 

That's pretty much how it went. 

• @Jhui DragonBard
    http://drupal.achaea.com/forum/me-and-jhui
    2245h, 1776m, 8679w cekd-
    With a cry of relief Jhui lashes out at you with his blade.
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    Jhui shoots his blade's tip at you in a second strike.
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    Jhui's eyes glaze as he launches a final strike at you.
    The final blow is too much for you, and you fall to the floor a broken,
    bloody mess.
    You have been slain by Jhui.
    You are OUT of the combat free-for-all!
    The damage.

• i may or may not have had some incredible curing in that log.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen