Combat Logs

Comments

• Terra said:

Lilian said:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/dc9e64d6 I hate trying to spend 75% of a fight working around rebound against affliction heavy classes, I just kind of gave up near the end since I couldn't do it at all. Sometimes it really makes me wanna class change to something like Magi :( just not fun in the slightest.

Rebounding is frustrating for new combatants, but there are plenty of ways to deal with it. You already have an echo that says rebounding coming in 9 seconds. Make a tempTimer that tells you when it's almost up, and then use curare jabs when you see that echo, while saving voice balance. Then cantata/curare when it comes up and go on with your stuff.

Alternatively, you can time your attacks around rebounding better. Start immediately when it goes down and lock before it comes up.

Or a mix of the two. Stick a few affs (or just waste tree tatt) before rebounding comes up, cantata/curare, then go for lock before it comes up again.

Edit: Basically, you just need to learn to consciously plan your offense around rebounding rather than just ignoring its existence, going for an affliction stack, and then being surprised when it pops up, hitting it like WTF IS THIS, and then going back to doing the same thing again. And I'm not trying to be demeaning with this comment. I just think a lot of newer afflicters have this kind of mentality. Probably me too way back when.

I actually have a temp timer that says "ATTACK NOW", but I think I based it on the timing I need to use when I work towards my confusion/force restore to funeralmass someone. So I can raze and still have the required amount of time I need. I've tried to lock before it comes up, but against heavy affliction classes like Serpy/Apostole, or Knights. I'm always paralysised or clumsi'd. (Though to be fair..Iaki is the only one who uses rebounding against me as a knight.)

And meh! You're not being demeaning, I get your point. Just all the practice I attempt hasn't come up with anything and it's hyper frustrating and seems all based on luck. :(

• Oh, para/clumsy is annoying as hell as bard, but that's "para/clumsy" being annoying imo, not "rebounding."

If you aren't already, touch tree on para/clumsy. Also might want to use shield and rebounding in such a way as to force a raze so that you can start your attacking while they're off balance from raze, and then keep attacking when you tree clumsy. Gives you some time without being clumsy at least, against para/clumsy spammers.

• edited July 2014

and here is another log for the log pile: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4e382e1b .. I actually didn't go splat against an alchemist, and managed to get a lock through rebounding! 

Edit: Also yeah, I have a script that touches tree when I have clumsy/asthma/slickness just to stop knights from venom prepping me easily.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

Death taroting a monk is not easy, fun with icewalls: 

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/8c02f865

• edited July 2014

Does mind pacify still stop death tarot from completing?

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Bonko said:

Shhh (i dunno. Mind fear sure jacks it up, but everyone uses paralyze so if you time the pause during a combo you make out pgood)

• (Project 9): Datrius says, "And why am I a naughty boy?"

I don't even wanna know. Man you people include some weird shit in your logs.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

Really gotta finish scripting the rest of my channels to my chat pane

• Bonko said:

I don't think it does. I use mind fear because even if they can't move (walls) the tic of moving itself cancels the death tarot

• edited July 2014

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kross said:
    Bonko said:

I don't think it does. I use mind fear because even if they can't move (walls) the tic of moving itself cancels the death tarot

Did last time I tested. 

Requires lock now, though. 

• Peace/pacifism stop Death.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA

jerks.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Daeir said:

That's what you get for relying on gimp rather than skills to get you kills, yo.

whoa whoa whoa, jabs at people will get you banned!

Also, try making pausing for 8 seconds a valid tactic for you and see how it goes.

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/48565f51 you guys suck, I was told it was just 2 of you on there. I didn't even stand a remote of a chance :(

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

Sorry, bebe. You tried to be a hero, you ended up a martyr.

• Next time I'll borrow all of cyrene's combined artefacts and then charge in. Then I could kill one of you and at least seem competent before dying! :D (Or use Aria, but having 5k health compared to 4.5k wouldn't make to much of a difference.)

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

Nah, we weren't really doing anything advance, I just warped, heh. We could hinder you enough, I'm sure.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

09:13:04 (Market): Bonko says, "Eloru is paying handsomely 

for someone to take her places having failed to protect her 

precious wormholes."

What, you thought I wouldn't? @Bonko

• (Market): You say, "Eloru is paying handsomely for someone to take her places having failed to 

protect her precious wormholes."

Eloru tells you, "My places?"

You tell Naga Eloru Rousseau, "Walking looks a bit onerous for your fat little legs, I was doing you 

a favour."

Eloru tells you, "I'm not fat thanks."

• Lilian said:
    Next time I'll borrow all of cyrene's combined artefacts and then charge in. Then I could kill one of you and at least seem competent before dying! :D (Or use Aria, but having 5k health compared to 4.5k wouldn't make to much of a difference.)

Why'd that huge group of like 5 (maybe 6?) take so long to bored :( that could have been a fun fight.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Dalran said:
    Lilian said:
    Next time I'll borrow all of cyrene's combined artefacts and then charge in. Then I could kill one of you and at least seem competent before dying! :D (Or use Aria, but having 5k health compared to 4.5k wouldn't make to much of a difference.)

Why'd that huge group of like 5 (maybe 6?) take so long to bored :( that could have been good exp.

FTFY bebe

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/7944d2af

What the heck, Sentinel is so insanely fast. @Makarios‌ will you fight one then tell us how to fight one? :(

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    You shouldn't use @Rom as a good benchmark for sentinel because it's not his class, it's those axes. The supposed weaponry overhaul that will some day come should handle that I would think - thus causing him to jump ship to some other class. 

• Viva la adrenaline

why @Makarios :(

• RomRom
    edited July 2014

I "jumped ship" multiple times while Sentinel was considered OP, not sure why you say shit like that. I'm not the one who snitched on you on IRC so you can stop trying to call me out, that would certainly be appreciated. Anyway on that same point you brought up, that log is a poor benchmark of defense! Jinsun was walking into free damage traps and has 4300 hp at level 100 whilst also being one of the most squishy classes when not utilizing active hindering/healing. In that situation he only acted as an enabler.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • edited July 2014
    Hands off the keyboard if you run into a noose. GG. Sip health. Hangedman.

All of this instead of running into a noose, of course. If you do, have moss/potash outrifted and try to stay alive until you can hinder them.