Combat Logs

Comments

• That and concussion > legs in priorities. I need to make an alias to swap them. :(

i'm a rebel

• edited August 2013
    Rinzai has reflexes like a cat!

4198h, 3690m, 23630e, 19070w cexkdb-
    You viciously jab an ornate steel rapier into Kross.
    The attack rebounds back onto you!
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    Lightning-quick, you jab Kross with an ornate steel rapier marred with char marks.
    The attack rebounds back onto you!
    Cold blue flames wreathe your runeblade, emanating an icy, penetrating chill.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    3100h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par]-(sip vitality|eat magnesium|outr 1 magnesium)(-1098h, 22.3%)
    3100h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par]-

Kross's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Kross drops to the floor and sweeps his legs round at you.
    Kross knocks your legs out from under you and sends you sprawling to the floor.
    3100h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-

Kross launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    He connects to the head!
    2813h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-(outr potash|eat potash)(-287h, 5.8%)

Kross launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    He connects to the head!
    2526h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-(-287h, 5.8%)
    2526h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-

Rinzai moves in towards you in a grabbing posture.
    Rinzai lifts you triumphantly into the air, then yanks you down into his raised knee with back breaking force.

264h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-(-2262h, 45.9%)
    You take a drink from a cedarwood vial.
    The tonic heals and soothes you.
    1281h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[par pr]-(+1017h, 20.6%)
    You eat a magnesium chip.
    Your muscles unlock; you are no longer paralysed. (0.328s)
    1281h, 3690m, 23590e, 19070w cekb[pr]-
    You remove 1 magnesium, bringing the total in the Rift to 166.

Kross takes a long drag off his pipe.
    Silvarien points an elemental staff at you and you scream in pain as your skin begins to freeze and crack.
    You are no longer among the Infamous.
    Horror overcomes you as your body freezes solidly and collapses into a hundred brittle pieces.
    You have been slain by Silvarien.
  • Ok, this was really really bad. So bad that I'm embarrassed to post a link to it. What I was -attempting- to go for was a concussion/retardation/jab with venoms. I wasn't keeping rebounding up or eating moss. I tend to leave all that off because of the intention to spin retardation. I'm thinking that I should wait until right before I spin retard before turning those off from now on, though. 

What could I have done differently to survive long enough to mount a better offense? If this isn't the place for advice, feel free to message!

• I know you're just starting to dabble in 1v1, and, don't take this the wrong way, fighting Mizik is like just taking up free climbing and then deciding you're going to climb Everest naked with no time to acclimate to altitude.

That said, props for doing it. Prepping with earth staffstrike can lead to decent hinder vs knights if you get arms broken, but not much else to do but spam reflects when you need to while prepping limbs for retard. I noticed you were hitting torso and that confused me. Prep head and whatever else and execute. Having a plan is a great start, though!

Not much you can do with an epseth/epteth/nairat spamming pwnwarden with obscene rapiers so good that you want to call a bluff.

• edited August 2013
    For reference, Mizik wasn't even trying to kill you there.  He was fighting defensively and going for limb prep, and you just randomly died to it.

You said yourself that you weren't using rebounding or moss, and you also weren't shielding or reflecting, so you were just trying to straight tank his dsl with sip health. I can see through your command echos that you were still trying to attack him even once you're below 2000 health, which is a poor idea. 

There's not much else to say other than this:
    Use rebounding
    Use moss
    Shield repeatedly if you go below 65% health or are getting affliction stacked.

Can't really give much other advice than that from that log, since you died to something noone should ever die to before anything really happened.

• edited August 2013
    Didn't read the log yet, but keep up everything you need to outside of ret while you aren't in ret. (Moss) use aerial, and reflections. Shield isn't a great idea,because of the eq cost. Why strike torso? Prep arms and head with earth, cast ring like 2/3 into your prep, vibe up before you begin the prep. Break with water when in ret. Jab slike when they're concussed. They need to cure arm breaks or no touch cloak. Silent amnesia/stupid/anorexia along with plague and lullaby will make it hard to cure. Have hailstorm up and go for dmg.

Oh, and when you're in ret, it's best you start learning to pause your system completely and cure and attack manually. You'll have much greater control and eventually a lot of confidence in it.

Also, the first thing you do against a runewarden or shaman is cast flood.
  • edited August 2013
    D:

• Antonius said:
    Need to start logging so I can look back and adjust things. I did, at the least, learn that Svo's anti-illusion is questionable (read: fing dumb) in regards to bloodleech and that fighting an Occultist with it turned on is asking for trouble.
    I'll question the fact whenever you updated your system or not on that!
  • Tesha said:

Can you spot the slam-head-on-desk moments?
    That really sucked, but I've fixed it now. Thanks!
  • lol Hallelujah. How does that still exist
  • In your mind's eye, you see Strata crushed by your meteor.
    Strata reels back, stunned!

Oh man that was hilarious.  First troll stun too.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Naisar said:
    In your mind's eye, you see Strata crushed by your meteor.
    Strata reels back, stunned!

Oh man that was hilarious.  First troll stun too.
    Naisar, riding a stubborn mule, charges in, F1 key at the ready.You writhe and scream as he drives the same alias deep into your side.[here - Naisar (1)]You prick Naisar twice in rapid succession with your dirk.
    Horror overcomes Naisar's face as his body stiffens into paralysis. (just curare/aconite... nothing to worry about here)
    Naisar, riding a stubborn mule, RUNS AWAY to the west.
    [west - Naisar(1)]

Naisar, riding a stubborn mule, charges in, F1 key at the ready.
    You writhe and scream as he drives the same alias deep into your side.
    [here - Naisar (1)]
    You snap your fingers in front of Naisar. (He's not really hypnotised)
    Naisar, riding a stubborn mule, leaves to the north.
    [north - Naisar(1)]

[here - Naisar (1)]
    You prick Naisar twice in rapid succession with your dirk.
    Horror overcomes Naisar's face as his body stiffens into paralysis. (Let's try curare/kalmia...)
    Naisar, scared shitless on a stubborn mule, leaves to the southwest.
    [southwest - Naisar (1)]

[here - Naisar (1)]
    You snap your fingers in front of Naisar. (Just playing... Not really hypnotised)
    Naisar, riding a stubborn mule, leaves to the west.
    [west - Naisar (1)]

Well fought. At the end I decided to accept your paranoia and jab you in the face. Obviously your dsl would win that race. :P
  • I take as few chances as possible when dealing with Thoth's.
  • Naisar leaves the room the most out of anybody I've ever fought. I think I ended up with Piety in at least half the rooms in Delos arena when we fought in a Rampage.
  • Ever seen Kalvon?

Earionduil?

Santar?
  • Needs more hamstring venom.

(Roll on serpent classleads let's see what you got)

• You see the following people here:
    Jovolo

Tukio arrives, following Rangor.
    Guhem arrives, following Rangor.
    Sephem arrives, following Rangor.
    Iakimen arrives, following Rangor.
    Solteria arrives, following Rangor.
    Jakiro arrives, following Rangor.
    Alrena arrives, following Rangor.
    Oceana arrives, following Rangor.
    The Dragon Rangor thunders in from the south.
    4334h|98% 3706m|97% 100%e 88%w [blindness|cloak|kola|deafness] -80.0%- [R]15:22:18:083
    Rangor rips into you with his massive, deadly claws.
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    3216h|73% 3706m|97% 100%e 88%w [blindness|cloak|kola|deafness] -80.0%- [R]15:22:18:415

Oh I see.
  • No mercy.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Antonius actually has a point- he's referring to a rampage in which I forgot to put my armour on so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off wondering why I could only take 2 dsls before having to bail.
  • I too have been a victim of the @Rangor train :( - Props to @Jakiro and @Iakimen for duelling.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Jovolo said:
    Needs more hamstring venom.

I wasn't chasing at all. Nobody messes with Thoth's. Likewise, I don't mess with a runewarden's easy-button on land either.
  • edited August 2013
    Naisar is pretty far to the left on the running-during-pk continuum, I think.

It goes:
    Runs a couple of times/fight     |    Runs if on balance
    Most people -------------> Kalvon  --------> Santar ----------------------------------------------> Terra

• edited August 2013
    Hmmmm.

Hi.
  • Oh. I didn't think this would need explaining, but if you run a stupid amount but aren't on there it's because you're not relevant.
  • But you died. 

To me. 

And I'm fucking bad.
  • Sabiru said:
    Naisar is pretty far to the left on the running-during-pk continuum, I think.

It goes:
    Runs a couple of times/fight     |    Runs if on balance
    Most people -------------> Kalvon  --------> Santar ----------------------------------------------> Terra

To be honest, the opinion of an apostate against a serpent is a bit biased.

I don't run nearly enough in most fights. Don't really have it in me to be Jester. :(

• Jovolo said:
    Needs more hamstring venom.

No, that wouldn't stop the lunger from just leaving the room on his mule. All he has to do is put an icewall or if he has balance touch shield when lunger decides to leave the room.
  • It's not to stop lunge, but I guess he can dor touch shield to stop the spamming of one ability and never fight back