Roleplay Logs!

Comments

• Spoilers would probably be appreciated by the squeamish (hi).

i'm a rebel

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yes.:)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

<stuff>

Is this "wonderful" conduct commonplace in the city of Mhaldor? :anguished:   
    Get out of here. You're grounded.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tesha said:
    Spoilers would probably be appreciated by the squeamish (hi).
    Look at it. LOOK AT IT!

• Saeva said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

<stuff>

Which one of him?

Trey said:
    Saeva said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

<stuff>

Which one of him?
    I fully expect her to say both.

• sorry i was somewhat afk!
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Hahahaha @Tahquil that's amazing :D

i'm a rebel

• Log of @Synbios randomness. Thanks for playing along. My log cut out, so there is a cliffhanger.

You take a delectable heart-shaped chocolate from an aromatic velvet pouch.

You give a delectable heart-shaped chocolate to Synbios.

Synbios tilts his head curiously.

Tristyn looks particularly tickled and favors Synbios with an agreeable smile, "For making me laugh last month."

You say in Targossian in a muted voice, "They are exceptional. Try them?"

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "These aren't infused with anything shady, I hope?"

Synbios peers suspiciously at the piece of chocolate, now delicately balanced on his index finger.

Tristyn nudges Brissan with a peculiar grin, but then shakes her head at Synbios.

You say to Synbios in Targossian in a muted voice, "Not at all"

You say slyly in Targossian in a muted voice, "And if they were, it wouldn't hurt to try?"

Tristyn gives Synbios a challenging ‘I dare you’ look.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says to you in Targossian, "But what if someone injected some mentally-altering potion...?"

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "I hear they're all the rage amongst chocolatiers."

Tristyn lets the corners of her lips rise into a spirited smile, "Well, I've eaten at least two, and they've not left me too mentally deranged."

Synbios turns his attention briefly to Brissan.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "Ah, those beast masks.”

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "Those take me back."

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "To the old days."

Tristyn rolls her eyes to the right with a ‘here we go again’ expression painting her face.

Brissan says with a powerful Southern accent, "Ran across them earlier."

Brissan says with a powerful Southern accent, "First time my head ever been set of fire."

Tristyn whispers, in a faint voice, “Don’t encourage him.”

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says in Targossian, "You'll find that they're infused with karma, the stuff that occultists try to study in order to 'understand' the nature of Chaos."

Brissan nods his head emphatically.

Brissan says with a powerful Southern accent, "Yes and bring back and burn in chalice of purity."

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity smiles and says, "Very good."

Synbios returns his attention once more to you, now with a suspicious look on his face.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "You ate -two-?!"

Tristyn momentarily places her hands into the pockets of her cloak and roams her grey eyes between the two, before returning to appraise Synbios. "I did.”

You say suggestively to Synbios in Targossian in a muted voice, "The worst it shall do, I've found, is turn you into a toad."

Brissan utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "That sounds horrifyingly painful."

Tristyn gestures with one of her hands, "It isn't as bad as you think it is. It gives you a different perspective."

Synbios tells you, "//Almost tempted to react to your placing of your hands into your pockets with a Gollum-ish "WHAT. HAS. IT GOT. IN ITS. NASTY. LITTLE POCKETSES?!""

You tell Synbios in Targossian, "// I would laugh so hard."

Synbios stares at the chocolate once more, before shutting his eyes and placing it in his mouth.

Synbios eats a delectable heart-shaped chocolate with obvious gusto.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "Oh no..."

Observing the scene with a watchful expression, Tristyn snaps her fingers and frowns. "It wasn't the toad one."

Synbios stumbles as his feet leave the ground, ending up momentarily levitating upside down.

You say suspiciously to Brissan in Targossian in a muted voice, "You jinxed it."

Synbios crosses his arms angrily.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "That's it, I'm hiring a taster whenever you give me suspicious samples of food next time, Tristyn."

Tristyn cranes her head until she is looking partially at the upside down Synbios, "Well, I didn't expect that result.."

You bow politely to Brissan.

With a flourish of his arm, Brissan bows deeply.

Synbios waves, his hand scraping the ground.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "Bye Brissan."

Brissan says to you with a powerful Southern accent, "Thank you for your help and advice."

Waving a dismissive ‘no problem’ hand at Brissan, Tristyn nibbles on her lip and inches closer to Synbios, tempted to give him a poke with her finger.

Tristyn sinks until she is sitting in a cross-legged position. She pulls out a bound book, flips a page, and begins sketching with a resolute frown.

You say offhandedly to Synbios in Targossian in a muted voice, "I have to capture this moment.”

In an attempt to mirror his tormentor, Synbios assumes a similar cross-legged position, though the upside down nature of his posture makes it difficult to do so.

Tristyn ends her sketching with a flourishing signature and narrows her eyes at Synbios suspiciously, "How long will it take for the blood to start rushing to your head?"

Synbios returns the stare with a glare of his own. "I'm seeing stars already."

Tristyn bites on the feather of her quill in an attempt to hide her vastly growing amusement.

Synbios' eyes begin rolling up as his expression turns from dismay to discomfort.

You say grimly to Synbios in Targossian in a muted voice, "I'm afraid I don't know how to unwork the magic... you may perish like this. Any last words?"

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "Yes."

Tristyn takes her quill out of her mouth with a keen look and readies herself to write.

Synbios opens his mouth to speak, only for his face to turn slack as consciousness leaves him.

Wearing a look of hesitation, Tristyn moves her hand to Synbios neck as she feels for a pulse.

Tristyn mutters, "Time of death... wait, what the hell is the time?"

Tristyn looks around for a clue.

Synbios suddenly drops to the ground, an audible "SNAP!" accompanying his neck's sudden ninety degree angling.

Tristyn stumbles backwards in her urge to move away. She looks at Synbios with certain unease.

You whisper doubtfully to Synbios in Targossian in a muted voice, "Are you alright...?"

Synbios gurgles out a "...Yeeeessss..."

Tristyn looks mournfully towards the heavens, about to say her final goodbyes, before her ears perk up at the gurgling sounds. She reaches a hand out to touch Synbios' still form, feigning pity.

Tristyn places a hand to her right and gradually lifts herself up from the ground, stuffing her hands back into her pockets. Her countenance returns to one of solemnness. "Well, if you're okay then you should get off the floor. Zalas won't be too happy with litter."

Synbios begins to rise from the ground, as though propped up by a wooden frame. His neck begins to 'crick' ominously as it settles back to its normal state.

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "Hrrrgh.."

Tristyn stares blankly at Synbios as if she is trying to make sense of the situation.

Synbios places his hands on his head, violently twisting it in proper place to the accompaniment of cracks and pops.

Heart racing, Tristyn fumbles around her pack as she looks for something pointy.

Synbios stretches his neck back, before opening his eyes blearily, "Ah, what a lovely nap. For a while I thought I...what are you doing?"

Tristyn raises her grey eyes as a look of mock virtue crosses them. She slowly places her dagger back into its resting spot and clasps her hands behind her, "Nothing that concerns you."

You say in Targossian in a muted voice, "You can never be too careful."

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "About...?"

Tristyn eyes the wall to her left, attempting to feign guiltlessness. "Well, I may have assumed you were undead."

You whisper in Targossian in a muted voice, "I was just, ah, preparing myself."

Aarashi Shamshir Synbios Hagane, Blade Singularity says, "Why would you think that?"

Focus on results and you'll never see progress. Focus on progress and you'll see results.
  • I hate you all.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Love you too dad

• @Tiamat

[[It is Ero 12th, 647 years after the fall and I have had an idea.

Strange isn't it, how ideas grow. Some explode into being like a
    germinating homunculus, swelling into a halfed-formed and barely
    sufficient being then they stop. Some lay dormant, or so you would
    think. They grow in subtle ways, barely noticable at first until one day
    you turn back to it and it his there. Beautiful. Whole. Perfect. Waiting
    for you to finally notice it like ... Should I be successful and this
    log be reproduced for others to study I /must/ remember to ask my heart
    to write something poetic here for the comparison.

He was a Rajamalan, fresh from defection and standing proud on the
    streets of Targossas as if he was always standing there since the city
    was raised form the Eusian and we had only just noticed his presence
    after all this time. He was, however, unmissable, still bearing the arms
    of Sartan and the stink of the fog seeping from his robes. He had not
    been unknown to me, as a slave in Mhaldor Araval would call me to the
    window of the cathedral to which him and his ride through the streets,
    victorious from their forays into the weaker world as ash and blood flew
    from their clothes in its own morbid parade. He was Tiamat, one of
    Mhaldor's proudest and now one of their greatest shames.

Normally, I would have turned my nose from him and remove myself from
    his presence. That life was suppose to be far behind me and the memories
    he began to stir within unsettled me. But, just as I about to turn a
    daemonite appeared. It was not summoned or called for, it just appeared.

The daemonite forced it's way into the Rajamalan's throat but that isn't
    the important part. The important part was it just 'appeared'.]]
  • Today was the first ritual performed in the Heartwood Kin, done by @Jatal. It was a ceremony to honour the Weaver's Fern, and was attended by @Artemis as well as a decent chunk of the rest of the House. I've got a log that I cleaned up a bit (mostly just fixing a couple of spelling mistakes, removing my prompt, and similar), and since it was in memory of Clementius, I figured I'd share.

A dank cavern (indoors).
    A bloodroot plant is growing here. Some irid moss gives off dim light. A patch of lumic moss is growing here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground.  Tendril Kiah S. Corso, of the Fiery Rose is here. Amranu is here. His face is partially concealed beneath a raised hood. He wields a Shield of Absorption in his right hand. Sapling Sayra is here. Ambassador Lala Darkwind, Heartwood Druidess is here. She wields a tigerwood and ammolite quarterstaff in both hands. The Silver Dragon Yerf's imposing form looms. Sapling Mekare is here. She wields a Shield of Absorption in her right hand. Sapling Myna of the Acaia Tree is here. She wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both hands. Sapling Makita of the Cherry Blossoms is here. She wields a scorched Eleusian buckler in her left hand and a butterfly net in her right. She is surrounded by one reflection of herself. Tendril Sylarana de Rina is here. She wields a vine-wreathed sylvanic quarterstaff in both hands. Tendril Jatal Vallah-Shiva, of the Fern is here. She wields a bard's harp in her left hand and an elegant, thin rapier in her right.
    You see exits leading east and south.

Erupting in a deluge of fire, a meteoric strike manifests the Goddess Artemis.

Yerf bows respectfully to Artemis.

You bow respectfully to Artemis.

Sayra's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Mekare drops to one knee before Artemis.

Makita curtseys respectfully before Artemis.

Sayra curtseys respectfully before Artemis.

Artemis smiles, Her fiery eyes radiating warmth.

Jatal curtseys respectfully before Artemis.

Myna bows respectfully to Artemis.

Lala curtseys respectfully before Artemis.

Mekare stands up.

The Dragon melts away from Yerf, leaving him a Grook once again.

Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm smiles and says, "Salutations, Kin."

Kiah flashes Artemis a joyous smile.

Mekare's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "It is an honor to have you here. I will try hard to do a good job of this."

Ryuke arrives from the south.

Amranu bows respectfully to Artemis.

Ryuke clasps his hands before himself, faces Artemis, and performs a simple, respectful bow.

Sylarana bows respectfully to Artemis.

Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm smiles with a wink and says, "Let Me grab those stragglers."

The corners of Lala's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Yerf chuckles long and heartily.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

With a wistful look on Her face, Artemis touches a bracelet of glass shards.

Koielle arrives from the south.

Koielle performs a graceful curtsey.

A swirling maelstrom of fire sweeps across the room, dissipating to reveal Chii in its wake before vanishing completely.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "I would like to do a ritual focused on one of the plants of nature and its history."

Chii says with a soft, serious accent, "Hi."

Lala waves her hand at Chii in greeting.

A swirling maelstrom of fire sweeps across the room, dissipating to reveal Miriew in its wake before vanishing completely.

Yerf beams broadly at Chii.

"Woot!" Miriew shouts excitedly.

Chii says to Artemis with a soft, serious accent, "Thank You, Lady Artemis."

Miriew bows respectfully to Artemis.

Artemis flashes Chii a joyous smile.

Lala says with a light, purry accent, "Arriving in fiery style."

Lala's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Chii bows respectfully to Artemis.

Sylarana's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Miriew thanks Artemis profusely.

Artemis winks conspiratorially at Lala.

"Heh heh heh," you chuckle.

The cave is pitch black, without a trace of light. Not a breath of air stirs.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Today I want to perform for you, a ritual focusing on one of nature's plants, the Weaver's Fern, and the history behind it."

A small flame flares against the roof of the cave, its glow casting a dim light.

Ryuke chuckles long and heartily.

Amranu's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Mekare smiles softly.

Prismatic bits of glitter cascade off of a glittered pink and gold pack, leaving a dusting of gilt in Lala's wake.
    Roused by a gentle breeze, the soft, flowery scent of plum blossoms drifts into the air from Kiah's wings.
    Fiery motes of light flit around Lala in mini fireworks of magic from a pair of incandescent butterfly wings.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Long ago existed Gods who have now departed these mortal planes, some dead, some missing. One of the stronger of those who was of the Greater Pantheon or Pentad was called the Weaver."

Wicked claws gleaming dangerously, Aelyn prowls in from the south.

Chii tilts her head and listens intently.

You smile faintly.

Jatal pours a bottle of water into a small earthen pit in the center of the cave as she speaks.

The clicking sounds of a loom and shuttle softly echo in the cave.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "The weaver was largely responsible for shaping, or weaving our reality, shaping the threads of it into the Sapience that we have now. Our lands, our seas, our islands, the places nature exist are in part of his weavings."

The water Jatal poured rises in a mist, a gentle breeze of air swirls round it, shaping it into a globe.

The misty globe holds pieces of terrain and water sliding about till they join into the fabric of Sapience.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "When he found something poorly made, Lord Clementius would use his Axe of Unweaving to cut and destroy it."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Note the capital letter used, the respectful title, and that his name is its full dignified length. He was adept at making his displeasure known if not spoken of in such a way."

There is the sound of the loud ZAP ZAP ZAP of a deities wrath.

Yerf quickly ducks down.

You chuckle long and heartily.

Lala hides behind Aelyn.

Chii peers at Yerf unscrupulously.

Amranu snickers softly to himself.

Aelyn hums a happy tune.

Amranu's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Lord Clementius was a neutral Deity who neither aided nor harmed the Gods of the lesser Pantheon."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "In the year 489 A.F. Lord Clementius met in a small cave like this one with the Maiden, Skuld, the Matron, Verthandi, and the Crone, Urdu, all who are representations of the divine forms of Lady Ourania. Also present were Lady Maya, the Great Mother and many of the Divine, denizens and adventurers. Some of our Eleusis citizens were amid the gathering! Imagine yourselves there, seated beside them."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "There the Crone sat near a seamless ivory loom which had a distaff or spindle on which she wound some silver material. The Crone blew into her hands and pulled out some ivory threads she said were the first breath of an infant and the last breath of a dying man. She wound them around the fabric on the distaff and passed it to the Matron."

Two elegant ivory threads sway in the water vapor globe.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "The Matron described a romantic moonlit scene of listening to waves kissing the shore and sharing a feast of luscious ripe plums with the one she loved. Her memory of that night she yielded to Lord Clementius for the thread of his weave."

Two lovers silhouette against a full moon. The scent of plums fills the air and waves lapping on a shore.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Skuld, the Maiden gave to the Weaver's thread the curve of a Sidhe's shoulder and lashes of an albino bat. Lady Maya, the Great Mother gave a soft down feather from the nape of a Great Grey Owl."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Lady Lorielan gave a rare crystal. Lord Shaitan gave an unbreakable chain. Lady Valnurana gave an orchid containing the fond dreams of those comforted by the Weaver. Lord Hermes gave his first gambling chip and Lord Apollyon a blue husk with locust eggs. Begin to think of what gift you would give, will shortly ask that of you."

Flickering images of each gift float in the moist mist shaped by the flow of air. Minerals of the earth tint the images.

Jatal starts to tire as she struggles to relate the story and maintain the ritual components to accompany it.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Pygmalion gave an hourglass with sands from each shore of Sapience, Nelinae gave a bottle of wine to sate the Weave's palate."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Mortals gave of their memories, and of their treasures. What a gift a sacrifice that must have been, to not share a memory but to give it away and never have it of your own again. What would each of you give?"

Lala says with a light, purry accent, "The purr of a kitten, my favorite sound in the world."

Sylarana looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Lala's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Jatal flashes Lala a joyous smile.

Yerf says with a fading Grook accent, "My last plate of snails."

Sayra says with a nondescript accent, "My favourite fruit, blackberries."

Ryuke ponders the situation.

Kiah says in a silvery voice, "The first design I ever made."

You say, "A memory of my imprinting, the forging of a bond that has yet to fade."

Chii says with a soft, serious accent, "My memory of walking down the stream just enjoying the world."

Sylarana says in a soft voice, "My cuddly bear."

Jatal tilts her head and listens intently.

Makita says with a melodic, Tsol'aa accent, "A delicate cherry blossom, to remember even the most delicate thing can still put down strong roots for the future."

Sylarana snuggles up close to a child's toy stuffed bear, looking happy and content.

Miriew smiles and says in a bubbly, slightly squeaky voice, "Some hairs from the tail of a squirrel, one of my favorite animals."

High Warden, Lady Aelyn Le'Yuet, Osprey of Destiny says, "A blade of grass from the first grove I imprinted."

Ryuke's eyes gleam with generosity.

Ryuke drops a downy ozhera chick.

Ryuke pats a downy ozhera chick in a friendly manner.
    A downy ozhera chick hops excitedly beneath Ryuke's touch, revelling in the attention.

Ryuke says with a fading, Shallamese accent, "My favorite pet."

Ryuke picks up a downy ozhera chick.

Myna says in a warm alto voice, "The memory of my brief, lucky time with the Druids before the House faded into History."

Lala gives Myna a friendly squeeze.

Miriew flashes Myna a joyous smile.

Aelyn reaches over to Myna and ruffles her hair.

You grin mischievously at Myna.

Mekare smiles softly at Myna.

Chii says with a soft, serious accent, "But the best of all is meeting Lady Artemis, our Matron of Eleusis. That's the best memory I will treasure."

Koielle grins and nods at Chii.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Such special thoughtful gifts."

Artemis smiles, Her fiery eyes radiating warmth.

Mekare nods her head emphatically.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Amid the gifts presented to Lord Clementius were cookies, pink quills, cheesecake and songs, blessings and tears, books and belts, secrets, dragon scales, Kola nuts, hugs, honor, laughter, the feel of earth and air, fire and water, and a croaking toad. Deladan gave a flap of his skin and told me it was large enough that he was unable to return to his human form for several years or it would have killed him. Ellodin gave away part of the joy he felt and Minxie a memory of meeting new people."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "When done, Urdu, Verthandi and Skuld placed the threads on the loom and wove them into a fabric some of which was shaped into a traveler's cloak, still connected to the loom by a thread that stretched no matter the distance. Lady Maya fitted the cloak to him."

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "Lord Clementius then simply bowed, said 'Honor to you all. And thanks for the goodies!' Those were his final words as he departed to work the weave in other parts of Creation. The cloth remaining on the loom burst into life, becoming a mass of silken ferns."

The misty globe fades away, the air stills, the pit levels with the cave floor and the flame extinguishes.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "The adventurers present departed, taking with them, at the direction of Lady Maya, one of the ferns. The adventurers left these to grow and flourish amid the many terrains and paths of Sapience. One now thrives at our Central Hall in Eleusis, the Weaver's Fern."

Yerf flashes Jatal a joyous smile.

Lala's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Sylarana smiles softly.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Jatal says in a velvety voice, "As a personal challenge, pause along your travels and see just how many places this fern may be found, thriving, enduring, reminding us of the weaver and nature. And talk with others, it is amazing what things you can learn from them."

Yerf nods his head in agreement.

Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm smiles and says to Jatal, "We in the Garden miss the Weaver greatly. Thank you for the wonderful reminder of him."

Amranu's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Makita's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Yerf smiles softly.

Jatal bows to those who sit listening and participating in the ritual as it ends.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I just remember Clementius using the tolling bell that lagged everyone....randomly. A pity he is no longer around. I miss his randomness and his awesomeness :( 

• edited March 2015
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

[Log]

Eww. :(

Yeah, squeamish here. I don't do torture stuff.

Xinna said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

[Log]

But...you haven't even seen mine yet. D:

• Kresslack said:
    Xinna said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

[Log]

Do you eat eyeballs? D:
    Xinna said:
    Kresslack said:
    Xinna said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

[Log]

Do you eat eyeballs? D:
    What kind of uncultured swine do you take me for? No, I'm quite creative in my cruelty, and not without class.

• Kresslack said:
    Xinna said:
    Kresslack said:
    Xinna said:
    Kitiara said:
    My first ritual......

[Log]

Do you eat eyeballs? D:
    What kind of uncultured swine do you take me for? No, I'm quite creative in my cruelty, and not without class.

I can handle that. Just please... no more eyeballs. What is it with Mhaldorians and eyes lately (or maybe forever)?
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    >.>;;

Everything Is AWESOME!!! -- The LEGO® Movie -- Tegan and Sara feat. The ...:

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited March 2015
    So I was sorting through some logs and found this... and now that it's not sensitive at all, I thought I would share. It was my singular interaction with @Tirac, who people assured me previously never roleplayed, and I was quite happy to find untrue. Unfortunately, we've not really gotten to interact since I joined Mhaldor, due to his dormancy.

This took place on Prin during the Mhaldor/Eleusis war (aka we were both open PK to each other), while I was still Eleusian myself.

Enjoy!

---

A massive fallen tree.
    You see exits leading north, south, and west.

Tirac descends down the gangplank from the ship "TLS Black Wind". (Insert my silent oh shit moment here.)

You ponder the situation.

Tirac chuckles softly in amusement.

You incline your head politely to Tirac.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Greetings, Eleusian."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "Good evening, Sir. Fancy meeting you all the way out here."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Quite a coincidence, and perhaps a stroke of ill fortune, given our affliations."

You say amusedly with a flowing, cultured accent, "Oh I don't know, it might not be as ill as you would think."

You have emoted: Melodie glances across the island thoughtfully.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "Though I suppose you'd not know about all of that."

In the crystal-clear night sky, the stars twinkle and glow brightly.

A faint hint of mirth laces Tirac's reptilian eyes. "Indeed, I suppose at least one soldier will walk away from such an encounter."

You have emoted: Melodie tucks a curl back into her braid, pleasantly at ease as she tilts her head to meet Tirac's gaze once more.

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "Death is by far one of the least worst tragedies to visit Sapience. Mortals are blessed with the ability to rise once more. No, I meant more that I don't believe we're as opposite at it would first appear, though we do indeed fight on opposite ends of this conflict presently."

Stretching in a fiery arc that embraces the world, the triune rings of Achaea blaze in response to the first kiss of dawn.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Nature and civilization are as near to opposite as can be reached. Our positions are well defined, and etiquette demands that one of us should now die."

A daemonic hiss resonates throughout the island, causing the normally mild chatter of the jungle to rise in a cacophony of terrified sounds.

You have emoted: Melodie glances back toward the jungle, considering briefly.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "I don't deny your words, Sir, for they are as true as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. And etiquette does demand death, and should you wish to see whom meets it, I would meet such an honour. That said - there is more to what I say. So it is your choice if you wish to hear, or if you wish to attempt to take my life."

You have emoted: Melodie tilts her head slightly in Tirac's direction, arching an eyebrow.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "My patience is infinite. I choose to hear."

You have emoted: Melodie's lips curl into a pleasant smile, and she turns to face Tirac, lacing her hands before her.

The radiant sun shines all about you.

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "While what you say is true, what I say is also as true. There is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps not with the village itself - a mostly simple gathering of people. Their stance is firm. But when speaking of myself, I think you'll find there is more than first appears."

Tirac narrows his reptilian eyes, scanning you briefly. "I see nature. Or as I have come to know it, folly. What lies beneath?"

You have emoted: Melodie glances down at herself, pursing her lips.

You will the vines to retreat, and you shed the form of the Viridian.

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "A woman raised in civilisation, and with a different intent in mind than those of the villagers she stands beside. Yes, I do presently fight with the Eleusians, as duty dictates, for I am not one to shun it, even when the future holds a different path ahead. A crossroads is upcoming for me, one that would lead me away from the forests and these vines."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Crossroads are dangerous places. With so many forces pushing and pulling, one never knows where one might be swept off to."

You have emoted: Melodie dips her head in acknowledgement.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "You wouldn't be wrong. I can't begin to explain the many that have pressured me these last few decades."

You say musingly with a flowing, cultured accent, "There is one, though, that has been tugging insistently me, since a peculiar debate with the Occultist known as Verily."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "The insistent forces are perhaps the most dangerous of all. Where does it pull?"

Poised at the very peak of the firmament, the fiery sun casts its radiant gaze across the land.

You have emoted: Melodie glances up, her languid smile spreading across her expression.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "It was upon that very ship docked at this very island that I felt the omen remind me. I've seen many things, Sir, since that debate. It took me this long to understand and accept this path, despite the sacrifices required. That will still be required."

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "The West has called to me for several years now, and I have chosen to answer."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "A dark path, Lady Le'Murzen. Particularly for an Eleusian."

You have emoted: Melodie dips her head in acknowledgement.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "Oh aye. Especially for a woman previously a fallen priestess."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "Trust me, this comes with no small amount of consideration. When I first saw and felt everything, I turned away, and went to Eleusis."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "It took an extra decade to see the folly of the decision. I wished to hold to the past, to return to good standing with the East, and to live a life that had abandoned me. I know now, such is not possible."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Two hundred and fifty-nine years is a long time to reach such a crossroads."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "Quite."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "There is a woman among your ranks, I believe named Kei. A recent convert, no?"

Tirac nods his scaly head in assent.

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "I am happy to say I am not quite her age. Though, I think I've had a rougher journey."

You smile and say with a flowing, cultured accent, "I'm stubborn, I admit."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Some tell me that I am a cruel man. Alas, if I were crueler, I would tell you to set forth on the road West."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "But Evil will break you, Eleusian. What you know of Evil is the oppression of others, and it is secondary to the suffering within."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "There is no end to the Westward road. If you set forth, you will die."

You have emoted: Melodie inclines her head slightly.

His eyes strangely calm, Tirac meets your gaze and says, "All of us will, in the pursuit of glory."

You say quietly with a flowing, cultured accent, "Death in service is simply a new beginning towards a long journey that never ends, nor shall ever be fully satisfied, towards perfect and greater growth in Creation, in the name of Evil and the Malevolent One."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "My path is already chosen, Sir. My application is within the Council's hands."

Dusk steals silently over the horizon and crimson and ochre engulf the firmament, their seductive tones beckoning the sun to its nightly repose.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "It is the last road you will ever walk, Lady Le'Murzen. And should you fall on the trek, none will sing for you. You are correct - you have told me of a crossroads in your life. You have not yet breached it. Should you find that you are not made of steel and blood, you have but to turn around."

The argent radiance of the moon seeps into the sky, waking the stars as darkness descends over the land.

You say softly with a flowing, cultured accent, "I'm bound and determined. There are only a few obstructions and a gesture left to be made. Once that passes, so will begin a life I never would have thought to live, but now I know is the only way to live."

Tirac raises and sweeps a clawed arm away from him, as if to let the matter go.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "I thank you for this tale. It was of more interest than those I am generally regaled with in such encounters between enemies. Heavy words you have spoken, and yet even the heaviest words are naught but wind without action to make them firm. I will watch your crossroads with interest."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "But for now, we are still a human and..."

The Dragon melts away from Tirac, leaving him a Xoran once again.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade says, "...alas, still a reptile. And pleasantries between such a human and such a reptile must come to an end. I must show you the way to your gangplank, Lady Le'Murzen."

He is a lizard-like xoran and is of average height. Lamp-like eyes gaze steadily back at you as you scrutinize him, a malevolently reptilian glint perpetually resting within them. Once-polished scales of onyx black cover him from head to foot, now worn and scarred by time and something more sinister, leaving them resembling charcoal more than obsidian. His body is wreathed in bright crimson tattoos that stand in stark contrast to the black of his scales. He stands straight and tall on two clawed feet, emanating the dignity of an Infernal knight.
    He is wearing:
    a pair of buckawn's boots,
    Gauntlets of the Aldar,
    4 earrings of Sinope through his right ear,
    a beautifully crafted obsidian longbow earring through his right ear,
    an Armband of Celerity,
    wolverine's claws,
    spectacles of whitesight,
    a bag of stasis,
    a canvas backpack,
    a Belt of the Titans,
    a polished ivory scabbard,
    a men's durable black shirt,
    a pair of men's durable black trousers,
    a Hood of the Sphinx,
    a quiver,
    a grey cloak bearing the Savril colours, and
    a commemorative silver jousting clasp

You have emoted: Melodie glances out over the island, heaving a disappointed sigh.

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "So be it, then. Unfortunate, as my bank account is more dead than an Eleusian in an exterminated grove."

You say to Tirac with a flowing, cultured accent, "Unless there's anything further you need, Sir, I will be on my way."

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade says, "Alas, one of us has been alive for far too long, be it the Mhaldorian or the Eleusian. Should you wish to contest me in these lands, I am easy to find."

You say with a flowing, cultured accent, "It may be entertaining at some point, though I am uncertain of my chances of actual victory. For now, though, I suppose you have your own needs to see to."

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
    It is now the 5th of Ero, 662 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.

Tirac chuckles softly in amusement.

Sir Tirac Savril, Champion of the Blade says, "Farewell, Eleusian."

You incline your head politely to Tirac.

With a flourish of his arm, Tirac bows deeply.

You stride up the lowered boarding plank.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I walked into one of these roleplay encounters once. I walked out immediately because @Tirac roleplaying is a rarity. :D Did enjoy log, though!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Just read Tahquil's toad log.

Aodfionn stares implacably at you.

You stare implacably at Aodfionn.

This part had me laughing out loud as one of the first things I did today. Thank you, good start to the day!