Why did you start playing? Why did you stay?

Comments

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Jurixe said:
    spent the rest of my time playing Neopets 
    don't tell me you quit! why would anyone ever quit!

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Well, I still log in to play Meerca Chase and do the usual Tombola -> Coltzan's Shrine -> Fruit Machine -> Wheel of Excitement routine occasionally...granted I have no idea if any of these are still actually there!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    NOOOOOOOO I can't handle another addiction right now. Why did you bring Neopets up!

*weeps*
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    Jurixe said:
    Well, I still log in to play Meerca Chase and do the usual Tombola -> Coltzan's Shrine -> Fruit Machine -> Wheel of Excitement routine occasionally...granted I have no idea if any of these are still actually there!
    @Jurixe, yep, they're all still there! the sites undergone a log of big changes, especially recently ~ and Meerca Chase is now Meerca Chase II !

Wizzness says, "I could do with some help, Coltzan!"
    I hope this helps...
    All your Neopets are healed to full health!

• When I was younger I used to spend alot of time at my cousins house, and on occasion i'd see him playing this game (under the character name Teotwauki), at the time I did not see the appeal at all, but I did ask him to make me a character which I specifically remember asking to be Atavian so I could fly.. I probably lasted 5 minutes before switching to GTA or Liero. Years later in 08 I tried again on my own, understood and enjoyed it for a couple of years, and have been on and off since.
  • Is there a neopets achaea guild?  If not, there should totally be one.

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Hataru said:
    I love how much admittance of breaking the ToS and playing at younger than 13 is going on in this thread.

From pretty decently known people too.
    Hataru said:
    I remember it being pretty clearly stated when I joined at 13... 
    Hataru said:
    Can we please not derail the thread because I got amusement out of something, lets keep it to stories of how we originally got into the game, why we've stuck around, and not a "wait is this a rule" or not.
    Hataru remarks on something unrelated - it's an expression of amusement. Other people remark on something amusing - it's derailing.

Hataru said:
    NOOOOOOOO I can't handle another addiction right now. Why did you bring Neopets up!

*weeps*
    because that's on-topic

-Irony Realms Entertainment
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • It's Achaea. 'nuff said.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Dude, there have gotta be more people buried deeply in the woodwork that play Neopets.
    COME OUT, COME OUT, WHERE EVER YOU ARE.

edited June 2013
    @Taraus I made a new neopets account.

I wasn't going to do this, but I will. @Keres the reason I tried to cut that off where that was going was because it wasn't going anywhere good it was just going to be a he-said she-said about whether it was a rule then or not and I meant the joke all in good fun, not to go if in another direction with arguments about whether something was in the ToS or not - I decided to make the comment to try and quash it after I received several messages (either agreeing or disagreeing) with me and I saw that there was nothing good that could come from it.

I'm not going to try and stop a harmless conversation, but when I see something that started as a joke of mine getting way too serious with the possibility of becoming a derailing argument I will likely try and stop it in its tracks.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Hataru said:
    because it wasn't going anywhere good it was just going to be a he-said she-said about whether it was a rule then or not
    There's not much room for argument there, when announce 2133 tells you the exact day the policy was created (October 18, 2005).
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I may or may not have an active Neopets account. :/
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Thanks for clarifying @Sena and being the first person to actually say definitively when it was. I feel less bad being off by only 2 years, some people were telling me it was around 2007ish and I was like that I knew was wrong. Mostly just all of us being too lazy to look it up >.< and say it definitively!
  • @Hataru - your harmless conversation about neopets is unrelated

also, no one was arguing, except you.. we said definitively when it wasn't a rule

edited June 2013
    Never mind I'm not going to feed the trolls.
  • Hataru said:
    I'm going to stop trolling now.
    ftfy
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • I was looking for online gambling (totally not kidding), and somehow I came across... something? (ad, forum, something I don't remember) that mentioned Achaea and it looked really cool, so I started playing. The first character I made got deleted because I didn't play it for a long time after being completely confused. I'm not even sure why I came back, but I did (with Dethea), and all of the cool people made me stay. I'm not playing right now (thesis, internship, ugh), but I seem to make it back here once in a while.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original Cowbell crowd (which was known for being extra griefy at one point, but I loved all the antics and chatting with you guys OOC) and also Mhaldor during that time, which I totally <3.

All the new(er) people are totally amazing too; this is just a wonderful gaming community!
  • Keres said:
    The title pretty much says it all. How did you come to start playing MUDs? Achaea specifically?

What about this MUD has kept you playing it?
    Flair first introduced me to Achaea around 10 years ago (yeah, we're friggin old now!). I couldn't grasp the roleplay aspect at first. It was all text so to me it was like a weird chatroom, and I didn't come around much except to speak to him (we were dating and lived hours apart). Later I found a class and House I could really get into though and I've been playing ever since. I think the thing that has kept me playing through Bluef's good times and bad are people who I've gotten to know well OOCly and now enjoy spinning a good story with IC. People may roll their eyes at the smaller RP groups in Achaea, but to me their stories are the ones that are memorable and really make the fabric of the reality vivid and engaging. 
  • Amedinias said:

HIGHLY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER^^

I got introduced to Achaea way back in 8th grade by a fellow who played as Minauros. I'd have a 15 yo character, but my original characters (Lupusan and Lupusia) were deleted because I offended some 'god'. Even back then IRE was petty.....dunno why I keep coming back here and wasting my hard earned money

Uh...wow I wasn't sure the wtf button was enough to comment on this. You my friend need a highly dissatisfied customer thread!
  • Amedinias said:

HIGHLY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER^^

I got introduced to Achaea way back in 8th grade by a fellow who played as Minauros. I'd have a 15 yo character, but my original characters (Lupusan and Lupusia) were deleted because I offended some 'god'. Even back then IRE was petty.....dunno why I keep coming back here and wasting my hard earned money

Just ignore him, @Achimrst, he's a troll. 5 posts in and he's bombing two separate threads. Starve the mof.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • If you want the name drop function to work, you need to remove the space between the @ and the name.
  • Sylvance said:
    If you want the name drop function to work, you need to remove the space between the @ and the name.
    I lol'd this because it send me a notification that you mentioned me. I am guessing I am the default for the @_blank or the @ and .... Trolled by Achaea again!
  • Well, I guess at this point you're down to two options:

a) Continue to troll this board with diminishing returns now that you've broken cover, all the while wondering why two of your characters got deleted unfairly,
    b) Go and spend your hard-earned money elsewhere and have nothing at all to complain about.

The world holds its breath.
  • Sylvance said:
    Well, I guess at this point you're down to two options:

a) Continue to troll this board with diminishing returns now that you've broken cover, all the while wondering why two of your characters got deleted unfairly,
    b) Go and spend your hard-earned money elsewhere and have nothing at all to complain about.

The world holds its breath.
    Everywhere else sucks, CoH/CoV gamers have confirmed this.
  • Achimrst said:
    Sylvance said:
    If you want the name drop function to work, you need to remove the space between the @ and the name.
    I lol'd this because it send me a notification that you mentioned me. I am guessing I am the default for the @_blank or the @ and .... Trolled by Achaea again!
    The notification was probably for her previous comment.
  • Yay let's all keep replying to him this is fun
  • Actually, Sylvance is wrong.

Continuing to troll this thread is not an option.