Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The biggest release in Achaea's history will be happening

123457»

Comments

• ShimiShimi Posts: 104Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Mercer said:

In the entire time I've been playing Achaea, I have never seen more than three Gods active at any given time (three being the absolute maximum).
    Important distinction... just cause you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there...
    Hataru
  • HataruHataru Midwest USAPosts: 472Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kiet said:
    You've been playing like a RL year and you've already had a really big event that spanned many months and several smaller events. There's also been at least 4 active gods at some point  in the past year lol, possibly even 5. It does no one any good to deal with weird hyperbole about how things never happen.

Also, again, most cities can function just fine without an active patron.
    Active when I came back in April: Twilight, Aegis, Sartan, Deucalion, Aurora.
    Twilight to a lesser degree than the others, but this is a minimum list. I saw @Kayeil
     mention Pandora had checked in at some point 6-8months ago (unless I'm remembering wrong). Also keep in mind this is just based off of who did anything public, so these are divine anyone could have seen some presence of. (Twilight shouted at people that one time and it was lolz)

It does seem like Twilight is gone and no on on forums is unaware of the Aurora situation. But that's still three active divine right now. Which seems a pretty crazy thing to claim is the "maximum" @Mercer when that's been consistent.

There have also been several godmin that were divine (not admin-type immortals like Nicola/Mak) who weren't active on the worldstage and were more admin than anything else (like Lupus). So the "true" number of divine is usually not the same as the ones you see blatantly, actively out there.

I honestly, in 15 years of play, can't think of a time where we had less than 3 active divine.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 737Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Mercer said:
    Melodie said:
    Pretty sure you can't wave your hands and make volunteers appear. The latter bit already happens, and usually more than once a year!

Agreed, it takes more than a hand wave.

In the entire time I've been playing Achaea, I have never seen more than three Gods active at any given time (three being the absolute maximum). I have yet to see a major RP event/quest such as apparently used to happen in the "old days".

Something about the system clearly needs to be changed. A mud as big and powerful as Achaea should not be having these kinds of problems filling God roles and a lot of things feel outright broken without even a modicum of divine support. Fixing whatever is wrong would be, in my opinion, the single most terrific thing that could happen for the game.
    Really?  I've only been back since about August, and I've seen 3 or 4.  Aurora, Deucalion, Twilight, Aegis.  Pretty sure there's a log of it.  Might have even been 5

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The Black Wave sort of blows that right out of the water.

What used to happen in the "old days" anyway? I remember fondly the days of Phaestus and Ourania, but those aren't even particularly old by Achaean standards.
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,450Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Babel and Neraeos always seemed to have cool things going on in the past. I do think the "major" worldwide events have been great lately though. I'd like more faction v faction events - like the Arboretum and Marvinogian events. City invasions with real consequences.
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,098Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    hail nerose

MelodieHataruSkyeKiet
  • AesgarAesgar Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Farrah said:
    Babel and Neraeos always seemed to have cool things going on in the past. I do think the "major" worldwide events have been great lately though. I'd like more faction v faction events - like the Arboretum and Marvinogian events. City invasions with real consequences.

I have always wanted to see a military occupation of a city. Would be awesome, where you could actually set up camp and win over the guards or something. 

(Do this to Hashan and then the only way Twilight will aide them is if they embrace Darkness)
    PrytheAhmetEudemusEhene
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,061Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 29
    Everyone gets a 4th skill: archery. Except monks since you already have stickudo. 
    Kayeil
  • DevranDevran Posts: 443Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I want more details!

*waves signs displaying messages to that effect*
  • KalmKalm Posts: 10Member
    Devran said:
    I want more details!

*waves signs displaying messages to that effect*
    More details:
    Rumblings of "Something Big" Begin!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GMT Time:  2017/11/24 18:00:00
    Information:
    We promised something big (the biggest release in Achaea's history!) and
    it starts here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AntidasDevran
  • ShirszaeShirszae Caer WitrinPosts: 2,788Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Come on, guys. I need more outlandish guesses to sustain me through these 15 days of waiting.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AralayaAralaya Posts: 550Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Twilight tries to fuck everything up part: welostcount

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    TysandrXiasAsmodron
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 737Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    They missed their chance to make a new area where all the souls of the dead Gods roamed and you could go and bash Gods for max XP.  ZombieGods would have been perfect for Halloween

• SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,624Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There is one thing we can all agree on.  Microstransactions! :) Yay!

Also, genuinely pleased to see it listed as starting at 6pm GMT on a Friday evening. Typically, I'll probably not be there for that evening, but pleased none the less.
  • SynbiosSynbios Posts: 4,437Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:
    My wild guess is that this all leads to the ruins of Shallam finally being open to explore, with a bunch of different sorts of new diving mechanics for ships as it becomes the first "treasure hold" where you have to play various little mini games in order to get different kinds of treasure. There will also be a lot of waterlogged ghosts, and an area where the Crystalline Circle's master crystal is that acts similar to the foray with the ship - you do or step somewhere wrong and everything freaking explodes.

Also orphans who wail eerily in the water about how you never rescued them.
    Don't forget a mini horror game with you running away from an angry Spirit-Pericles, where the only way to slow him down is by closing or opening doors in his presence.

RhivonaMelodieCaelanSkye
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 31Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I predict that there shall be tentacles and naked people. Though not necessarily together.
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Chubbs said:
    I predict that there shall be tentacles and naked people. Though not necessarily together.
    Will everyone there get chubbs?  B) 
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
  • TelendriethTelendrieth Posts: 123Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Most of my favorite events change the way we play the game for a while. I'm sort of hoping there is some of that so it feels like the event has "presence" in between the fancy parts. Just a few examples being the tide, the event where sleepers spawned manifestations from their dreams, and things like that. Not all of them were implemented without hiccups, to be sure, but I do really enjoy the feeling of having to adapt to the way the events alter the world.
    CailinTrilliana
  • ZbacoZbaco Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Maybe they'll finally implement all of the dragon emotes I IDEA'd a while back! You know, dragonsnuggle, dragoncuddle, dragonpurr...
  • PenwizePenwize Posts: 1,237Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zbaco said:
    Maybe they'll finally implement all of the dragon emotes I IDEA'd a while back! You know, dragonsnuggle, dragoncuddle, dragonpurr...
    Yeah it'll be part of the new city dragon system, where every city's dragons gets a whole new skill.  Targ dragons get devotion, Mhaldor dragons get necromancy, Ashtan dragons get domination.  Cyrene's dragons skill will just be a list of emotes.
    AhmetSkyeKyrraHalos
  • KayleKayle Posts: 65Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 15
    They are gonna revamp the pk rules. And fix the cause system. Im calling it
123457»
Sign In to Comment.