The biggest release in Achaea's history will be happening

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Everyone gets a 4th skill: archery. Except monks since you already have stickudo. 
  • I want more details!

*waves signs displaying messages to that effect*
  • Devran said:
    I want more details!

*waves signs displaying messages to that effect*
    More details:
    Rumblings of "Something Big" Begin!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GMT Time:  2017/11/24 18:00:00
    Information:
    We promised something big (the biggest release in Achaea's history!) and
    it starts here!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Come on, guys. I need more outlandish guesses to sustain me through these 15 days of waiting.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Twilight tries to fuck everything up part: welostcount

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • They missed their chance to make a new area where all the souls of the dead Gods roamed and you could go and bash Gods for max XP.  ZombieGods would have been perfect for Halloween

• There is one thing we can all agree on.  Microstransactions! :) Yay!

Also, genuinely pleased to see it listed as starting at 6pm GMT on a Friday evening. Typically, I'll probably not be there for that evening, but pleased none the less.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Melodie said:
    My wild guess is that this all leads to the ruins of Shallam finally being open to explore, with a bunch of different sorts of new diving mechanics for ships as it becomes the first "treasure hold" where you have to play various little mini games in order to get different kinds of treasure. There will also be a lot of waterlogged ghosts, and an area where the Crystalline Circle's master crystal is that acts similar to the foray with the ship - you do or step somewhere wrong and everything freaking explodes.

Also orphans who wail eerily in the water about how you never rescued them.
    Don't forget a mini horror game with you running away from an angry Spirit-Pericles, where the only way to slow him down is by closing or opening doors in his presence.

• I predict that there shall be tentacles and naked people. Though not necessarily together.
  • Chubbs said:
    I predict that there shall be tentacles and naked people. Though not necessarily together.
    Will everyone there get chubbs?  B) 
  • Most of my favorite events change the way we play the game for a while. I'm sort of hoping there is some of that so it feels like the event has "presence" in between the fancy parts. Just a few examples being the tide, the event where sleepers spawned manifestations from their dreams, and things like that. Not all of them were implemented without hiccups, to be sure, but I do really enjoy the feeling of having to adapt to the way the events alter the world.
  • Maybe they'll finally implement all of the dragon emotes I IDEA'd a while back! You know, dragonsnuggle, dragoncuddle, dragonpurr...

• edited November 2017
    They are gonna revamp the pk rules. And fix the cause system. Im calling it
  • Can't wait!! Getting more excited!!
  • My guesses are pirate and mariner classes / seafaring changes / new continent 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • My guesses are pirate and mariner classes / seafaring changes / new continent 
    Don't thin the population into the vast sea... no cos I don't sea.
  • Achaea is being upgraded with 4k resolution, high definition shadows, and 60fps bashing. Still may experience a drop in frames during large scale raids due to bloom and multiple spell effects.
  • No pk Sundays will be introduced. 
  • edited November 2017
    Just some tidbits I stumbled upon that may add to the enticing wait. Not only interesting but also saddening that I missed out on what seems like a wonderful opportunity...

8 months ago /u/IronRealms-CEO posted a job opening on /r/MUD for a paid coder position.

10 months ago they posted a job opening for a paid lead builder.

I can’t help but to think this was in preparation for the “big release”. Some other theories I saw mentioned earlier in this thread that I noticed comments made that were “related” in thought; It’s been posted that they are a fan of races that don’t mean much mechanically as well as a ton of discussion around “mudsex” in relation to the new MUD. Maybe they liked the last one so much they decided to port it over! 
  • I think those were for Starmourn.
  • edited November 2017
    Armali said:
    I think those were for Starmourn.
    The job postings were specifically for Achaea. The other comments I listed were for Starmourn which is why mentioned “related” as the context wasn’t Achaea specific.

All of this makes me wish my character weren't so new. I doubt the big release will be as accessible.