Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,118Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lyr said:

Here's what I have, and I have around 500 credits. Not sure exactly what I should get or save up for now that I'm back. Ideas welcome! The only thing I can think of is a sip ring upgrade or a crit pendant upgrade.

a Raphaelan mace

a Shield of Absorption

a long, elegant ebony pipe

a dragonskin quiver

a ranger's bow

a silver tuning fork

a Mayan ring

a pair of eagle's wings

a fire pendant

an Aldar Diadem

an Aeonic hourglass

a pair of Mayan Bracelets

a hunter's belt

a glittering ring of vitality

a sandstone stationery kit

a gem of cloaking

an ornately carved ivory pipe

a Brooch of the Tempest

a ring of flying

a polished marble pipe

a set of mithril spurs

Start saving for multiclass. By the time it gets released, you should have enough to pick up a while new class! 
  • LyrLyr Posts: 419Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Thanks, but I really just want to be a priest :( I don't find anything particularly compelling about any other class. I'd rather just be the best priest I can be if that makes sense.

RomAustereChryenth
  • TrevizeTrevize Posts: 1,517Member @ - Epic Achaean
    For any who do damage numbers, I tried searching, but found a few different answers over time. Not sure of the current situation with int.

Current state: aldar talisman, level 2 collar, 15 int, quick-witted

800 credits for an L3 collar, or 500 for L1 sash?

If L1 sash is the answer, then once bought, for the next artie:

(same as initial state but 16 int)
    800 credits for L3 collar or 750 for L2 sash?

PVE and PVP both.

Thoughts?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    edited September 2015
    Trevize said:
    For any who do damage numbers, I tried searching, but found a few different answers over time. Not sure of the current situation with int.

Current state: aldar talisman, level 2 collar, 15 int, quick-witted

800 credits for an L3 collar, or 500 for L1 sash?

If L1 sash is the answer, then once bought, for the next artie:

(same as initial state but 16 int)
    800 credits for L3 collar or 750 for L2 sash?

PVE and PVP both.

Thoughts?
    I have always tested collars to increase damage more, regardless of your int (I think 12 is a low as I tested). The main benefit to int is going to be the willpower and mana differences. I did buy a level 1 sash before upgrading my collar from level 2 to 3, strictly because of the price difference.  

Edit:

@Lyr it really depends on your goals.  With hunting in its current incarnation, an upgraded critical pendant is never bad.  Priest is already a powerhouse of damage Absorption, though,  so if pk, I would go buckawns first. 

Lyre is also a wonderful artie.
    Halos
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecPosts: 252Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not sure if these still stand, but using the latest numbers I could find

INT: 15 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1380 -> 1450
    +5% damage: 1380 -> 1440

So I think the sash is the answer for the first question.

For the next question,
    INT: 16 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1450 -> 1516
    +5% damage: 1450 -> 1513

so about even?

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure the numbers I used are completely accurate.

• TrevizeTrevize Posts: 1,517Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Lothien said:
    Not sure if these still stand, but using the latest numbers I could find

INT: 15 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1380 -> 1450
    +5% damage: 1380 -> 1440

So I think the sash is the answer for the first question.

For the next question,
    INT: 16 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1450 -> 1516
    +5% damage: 1450 -> 1513

so about even?

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure the numbers I used are completely accurate.

Hmm. That's what I was getting when I tried to look back. L1 sash slightly worse, but cost difference making it more dmg/credit vs L2-3 collar. L3 collar vs L2 sash, L3 collar was more dmg/credit. L3 sash obviously the least benefit per credit.

Edit: fixing spelling because apparently I can write 300 lines of code without a single error, but can't write a couple words in English without making two!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,483Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lyr said:
    Thanks, but I really just want to be a priest :( I don't find anything particularly compelling about any other class. I'd rather just be the best priest I can be if that makes sense.

Log in and play. We raid at like 12:30am EST. You could get a lyre or +str gauntlets. There's a post by @Tesha that talks better about nimble vs Quick-witted for priest too.
    Morthif said:
    Lyr said:

Log in and play. We raid at like 12:30am EST. You could get a lyre or +str gauntlets. There's a post by @Tesha that talks better about nimble vs Quick-witted for priest too.
    Thanks, where is it? I'm quick-witted and CON specced at the moment.
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member
    Sip ring upgrade, definitely.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Posts: 3,107Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    i've always found that regen rings > sip rings, since they tick even if you can't sip
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AdetAdet Posts: 273Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Lyr said:
    Morthif said:
    Lyr said:

Thanks, where is it? I'm quick-witted and CON specced at the moment.
    Here: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/273142/#Comment_273142
    DochithaMorthif
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,483Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh ha-ha. Sent it to him in game. Forgot to reply here.
  • JadysJadys Posts: 195Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kind of lost interest a bit with the long wait for multiclass. So decided to spend the credits I have been saving. Budget is 1278 credits with 140 upgrade credits. 

have: 

aldar talisman
    hunter's belt
    brooch of the tempest
    ring of endurance
    SoA
    artie pipes
    ranger's bow with shooting upgrade
    eagle's wings
    platinum whistle
    ring of flying
    lvl1 health sip ring

Level 101 Runewarden, combat focused. 

Thanks!
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,358Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Which knight spec are you?  Don't see the weapons listed.  Would get level two longsword of snb or a pair of level 1 scims if dwc.
    Jadys
  • JadysJadys Posts: 195Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Achilles said:
    Which knight spec are you?  Don't see the weapons listed.  Would get level two longsword of snb or a pair of level 1 scims if dwc.
    snb. I tossed the idea of a sword around earlier. I decided to get more advice though in case there were other things I should be getting first. Getting the sword allows me to use up the upgrade credits. Saves me a few credits to use elsewhere.
    Why buckawn's for PK? Is it that prevalent and useful? It seems like a lot of credits to stop a web tattoo. And more important than 10% sip? I'm probably going to go for dragon, as well as raiding, so sip seems useful. My crits are so slow though, and bashing is quite onerous :(
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,211Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Lyr said:
    Why buckawn's for PK? Is it that prevalent and useful? It seems like a lot of credits to stop a web tattoo. And more important than 10% sip? I'm probably going to go for dragon, as well as raiding, so sip seems useful. My crits are so slow though, and bashing is quite onerous :(
    Of my spars against momentum classes, they are a hell to fight against if I can't web them. Buckawn OP.
    Jadys said:
    Achilles said:
    snb. I tossed the idea of a sword around earlier. I decided to get more advice though in case there were other things I should be getting first. Getting the sword allows me to use up the upgrade credits. Saves me a few credits to use elsewhere.
    My only concern with weapons in general is what happens if you change.  I would make sure that I wanted SnB first. Even if you have to roll a few alts to test the minor ones in limited capacity, rechecking the styles wouldn't be a bad idea since you know so much more now. Worth taking the extra time just to make sure you don't flush credits. 
    PraxidesJadys
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Posts: 3,107Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lyr said:
    if they notice you don't have a buckawns, they're probably going to web-spam you
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAPosts: 1,813Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Buckawns are more important for groups and raids than single combat.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    So, with say 1300 cr, buckawns+lyre or buckawns+crit pendant upgrade? Or just save up for a veil? (The answer should probably be "don't get credits if you don't know what to buy with them", I know.)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,687Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    lyre > pendant.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    If you have any intention on hunting to dragon,  get the pendant. Lyre is going to boost both departments, but critical hits speed up your hunting so much that it's hard to pass up.  Hunting wise, it's almost always better to run over lyre.
    Praxides
    OK great, thanks. Also do people have an idea of what would be in a "PVP starter pack" collection of artefacts?
  • NaverreNaverre Posts: 304Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Old thread, but...

Is a level 1 arte spear a decent purchase for a Sentinel these days? Not looking for a "get an SoA first" or "get a crit pendant first", I'm well aware of that advice. Just want to know how arte spears stand with the class. I know 2-hand arte swords are really awesome for knights, so it's possible.
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,370Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Spears are really good for sent but not sure if a level 1 would do much, it's a minor benefit at that point.
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,130Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tuning fork or rapier first for bard? I'm thinking rapier but I haven't had harmonics long enough yet to be sure how annoying upkeep is.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Dochitha
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAPosts: 1,813Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Would say Fork if you planned on fighting out of the arena, so you can set your harmonics up somewhere and call them to you if you get jumped. (Harms/Vibes don't decary like Rites/Gravehands if you're out of the room, right?) If primarily in-arena, where you have to re-do them every fight anyway, rapier's probably fine.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,330Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

Harmonics work the same way as rites, they'll tick down constantly and the offensive ones decay faster if you're not in the room with them. Only difference is you can summon the full set to you, rather than having to put harmonics down in every new room. Upkeep on them isn't particularly annoying, but a full set of harmonics does take a long time to play. I usually just run a limited set for bashing (anthem, hallelujah, canticle, gigue, continuo, and the mana regen one), then fill in the others if I can when entering combat.

Rapier makes a pretty huge difference so I'd personally go for that. The pendulum is also a decent choice, to be honest, especially if you're planning to hunt as Bard (you should, it's amazing).

• ShubShub Posts: 56Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited January 2
    Please forgive the Necro if there is another thread for this. I have a question about the alchemist artefact:

An aludel of pellucid glass:             500 credits - alchemical_focus
       - For Alchemy users, this triples the number of stacks from sulphur
         and mercury, and reduces the chance for gold to fail when transferring.

How does one 'stack' sulphur and mercury. When I try to re-cast it I am unable, since I already have the defense.

Is there a way to view how many stacks I currently have?
Sign In to Comment.