Quick Questions

Comments

• Needs a lvl 4 option. 1 hour too slow 
  • Question.

Lets say, myself, a rogue. Walks into a room with a shrine that is being defiled. I offer to that shrine while that group is defiling said shrine. I say "Oh, you guys are defiling." I walk out start setting up harmonics, get pulled back into their room by vibes. They tell me to apply mass and go away. I go back to my room. Finish setting up my harmonics. I determine  their weakest link, and slay him when he gets left behind by my harmonics grabbing him for destroying the shrine of the God I offer to.

Would this be against PK rules, or a hirable offense? Or would it be justified for that individual I killed to OOCly message me bitching about it, referencing help files about why I can't do that (Even though I'm quite sure I can), and threatening to issue me?

#justacuriousroguethatisgettingmessagedlyharrassed.

• DupreDupre M.
    edited April 2018
    You're not an Order member nor did you go for the vibes owner - and you purposely stayed in vibe distance to bait anyway

You probably have little justification for killing someone there
  • I think allowing "I offer to that God and you're defiling" as sufficient justification to attack people is a very slippery slope we just don't want to go down.
  • I dunno about the rules.
    My gut feeling though, is that it is fine: you had a justifiable RP reason for killing the person, you didn't bring a team, and you didn't take it too far by killing them over and over.

The person was defiling, and should expect some pvp. Otherwise why defile? What did they want to happen?

• Antonius said:
    I think allowing "I offer to that God and you're defiling" as sufficient justification to attack people is a very slippery slope we just don't want to go down.

I do not see a "slippery slope" here. RPly. Oh hey, you're defiling my God's shrine, I'm going to make you pay. Seems like very sound justification to me. 

I'm not trying to argue I promise. I will not be going back and forth on this. Just wanted to put my mindset on it out there right quick..

I just wanted to see other people's mindset, or what they think of the situation.

• @Tjay Not your God. If you're an Order member, they're your God. If you're not, they're just a God you offer to. You're a rogue so you don't have an organisational tie (i.e. factionally aligned God) either.

The slippery slope is that people could go and offer to pretty much every God and then claim they have justification to attack people for defiling.
  • I think if someone is defiling the shrine of a Divine that I care about, I have the right to fight them.

I don't quite understand everything that happened in this situation, but generally speaking. You can be loyal to a Divine without being in their order. As a resident of Eleusis, i don't feel like I have to be in any of the Nature orders to feel loyal to them and defend their shrines.

Basically, I agree with Leffe.
  • @Antonius Ok. I see where you're coming from in that case. However, in my case. I only offer to the one. Plus, I offered while they were defiling. So, they knew I was loyal to that God. And their vibes kept pulling me in while I was setting up for combat. It was going to be a 5 v 1 their odds. But, their "little" (Not actually little but, I haven't seen him fight before) guy got left behind with another guy as well. So, I killed him in a 2v1 situation.

I've been offering to this god alone since just before the great hunt (I'm young so, that's a while for me). I still believe I should have a right to defend Him. But, I respect where you're coming from.

• edited April 2018
    From an RP perspective, you definitely have justifiable reason. You're looking to get back into Mhaldor, Sartan is Mhaldor's god. Naturally, you're going to act against people trying to defile His shrines. Technically speaking they can hire on you for it as well, though.

It's not as if Tjay is just picking a random god to offer to, then saying "fuck anyone who defiles Their shrines". Whether or not the defilers in question knew this, is pretty irrelevant because they obviously would have known it when he started attacking them.

• Anyone can just lie, then, that their intention is to be affiliated with a God, before they are in an Order/city, etc. to get "justification"
  • Dupre said:
    Anyone can just lie, then, that their intention is to be affiliated with a God, before they are in an Order/city, etc. to get "justification"
    You're free to issue them, if you like. HELP PK says you only need an RP-justifiable reason, not that the other person has to agree with your reason.

• Helps if you throw some RP at them too. How dare you destroy so-and-so's shrines! Etc etc

Idk, Antonius has a decent point, but is it Tjay's responsibility if someone down the line wants to do something stupid like defend a shrine of a god they're not actually loyal to? I don't see how his justifiable actions are bad because someone else might do something bad later.
  • Is there a limit to the number of artifact powers you can transfer to an item?  Does it work for talisman set powers too?  

I seem to remember a discussion on it but can't find it.  It requires a transfer chain for every one, yeah?  

What happens if you decide you want to trade in one of the powers or switch it with a talisman (trade-in arty / use talisman instead) or upgrade?

• No limit.

Can't transfer talisman powers or things that require an item (wings).

25 bound credits per transfer.

You can trade in individual powers, or upgrade individual powers. 

• Caelan said:
    Is there a limit to the number of artifact powers you can transfer to an item?  Does it work for talisman set powers too?  

I seem to remember a discussion on it but can't find it.  It requires a transfer chain for every one, yeah?  

What happens if you decide you want to trade in one of the powers or switch it with a talisman (trade-in arty / use talisman instead) or upgrade?
    Cooper covered a lot of this already, but to expand on a couple of things:

Most talisman effects are functions of the item itself, rather than being an artefact power on the item, so they can't be transferred; the one exception I'm aware of is Suremekh'neina, which just has two artefact powers (health_regen(3) and mana_regen(3)) on it - you can transfer those.

The cost to transfer a power (or buy it directly on an item) is 25 credits for the power transfer, plus whatever the cost is to make the item non-decay and resetting. If it's already both, it's just 25 credits to do the transfer, if it's just non-decay it would be 75 (25 for transfer, 50 for resetting), and if it's neither it would be 125. The transfer chain just covers the cost of the transfer, no matter how much the total is (i.e. it's much better value if you also use it to make an item non-decay and resetting). You don't need transfer chains to transfer powers, though, you can just pay bound credits.

Also just as a word of warning, transferring/trading in the last power off of an item will destroy that item, even if the base item has a built-in effect (e.g. wings).
  • Thanks.  I wanted to condense them all to a single item because it's annoying checking QI sometimes.  Figured it would clean it up.  Guess I'll have to buy a ring or something as a base item then.  Something I won't care if it dies.

• I wanted to do the same thing, are you guys saying that my lava cameo brooch, which was a talisman, won't transfer?
  • Cailin said:
    I wanted to do the same thing, are you guys saying that my lava cameo brooch, which was a talisman, won't transfer?
    I'm not sure on the Conclave talismans (the only one I've completed and not traded in was the Robes of the Grand Magi). In most cases, they're just re-skinned versions of regular artefacts. The Brooch of the Tempest has a transferable power, so I'd expect the talisman version to be the same, but can't be sure about that. There's an easy way to find out: probe it. If it says it possesses the artefact power, you can transfer it. If it doesn't, you can't.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Antonius said:

Also just as a word of warning, transferring/trading in the last power off of an item will destroy that item, even if the base item has a built-in effect (e.g. wings).
    Holy crap, I did not know this. That sounds issuable.

• You don’t like being dragged into the sky by your underwear?

• Skye said:
    Antonius said:

this also happens if you, say, transfer a power to an item you made non-decay and resetting, then take the power off.
  • Dunn said:
    You don’t like being dragged into the sky by your underwear?
    Inb4 jester gets a hoist ability that is this.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

I'm almost sure that's how balloon handoff works.

• Skye said:
    Plak unties your bikini string and attaches a balloon, your crack hanging majestically for all to see as you ascend to the heavens.

• Xaden said:
    Dunn said:
    You don’t like being dragged into the sky by your underwear?
    Inb4 jester gets a hoist ability that is this.
    WEDGIE:

Giggle as you bungee jump down from your flying Chariot and grab your unsuspecting victim by the elasticated band of their undergarments, hoisting them skyward*

Or should that be Skyeward?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Skye said:
    Antonius said:

Yep! I found that out when I got my Chenubian wings. I have a couple of other powers on my wings and transferred them over, nuking my Atavian wings in the process.
  • Minifie said:
    Skye said:
    Plak unties your bikini string and attaches a balloon, your crack hanging majestically for all to see as you ascend to the heavens.

Hey now, that was private!! (What the hell hahaha)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    What effect, if any, does battlerage clumsiness have?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    it has a chance of causing the target's attack to fail. It just has a "x fumbles clumsily' type message. Some things attack fast enough that it doesn't really mean anything though.