What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Or I could interact with people in this here multiplayer game, and ask someone to send me one.

• Pierce the veil wouldn't have worked there anyway.  Can't set shipreturn to a ship without a figurehead, so you'd pierce and then ... have abandoned your ship.
  • Penwize said:
    Pierce the veil wouldn't have worked there anyway.  Can't set shipreturn to a ship without a figurehead, so you'd pierce and then ... have abandoned your ship.
    Also can't set one without having the skill!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I took some time today to venture out and do some good old exploring, and I stumbled across what I imagine is a (mostly) forgotten relic out in the Saoghal Valley:

Overlooking the Saoghal.
    The sun shines brightly overhead. A giant ram's horn rests on a rough stone altar. Encrusted jewels sparkle opulently across the form of this boar statue. The Black Boar looms here, a massive creature of jet-black.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, and west.

Crafted from the rich Aalen timbers of the redwood forest, this noble boar defiantly surveys its surroundings with lifeless emerald eyes. Gleaming gems of many shapes and sizes shimmer across its form, forming ornate patterns of priceless multi-coloured stones, and smooth ivory traces the long curves of its fierce tusks. Perching upon the creature's wooden back, a much smaller statuette of a white owl with round eyes and a hooked beak stares impassively down from its lofty position. A small bronze plaque on the statue's base bears a single line of text.
    It weighs about 281 pounds.

You read what is written on a jewel-encrusted redwood boar:
    This statue is a tribute to Lord Sarapis from the city of Shallam.

Sarapis' animal, The Black Boar, also roams up in those parts.

This is, without a doubt, the largest boar you have ever seen. Standing with its shoulder nearly five feet high and possessing long, curved, and shining-white tusks, it is otherwise utterly black. This creature, along with the snow owl, is the symbol of Sarapis, the Logos. You sense a glimmer of non-animal intelligence in the boar's eyes, though this may be merely your knowledge of what this creature is influencing your perceptions.
    The Black Boar almost glows with nearly god-like power.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 400 pounds.
    He is loyal to Sarapis.
    You see nothing in it.

You pet the Black Boar ingratiatingly.
    The Black Boar smiles happily.

Thought it was rather remarkable. I'm sure I've seen it before, but it's been a while, so figured I would share.

• edited October 2018
    With a gasping sigh, Truax crumples to the ground, dead.
    You have been slain by a backlash of Chaotic fury.
    The torturous agonies of the Chaos Court have proven too great for Truax.

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant throws his hand forward, releasing a cloud of glowing dust that envelops your entire body, choking you.
    You have been slain by Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant.
    The weave of Creation screams in uttermost agony as Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant obliterates Truax.

As his massive, gaping maw dislocates itself to yawn wide before you, there is but a brief moment of horror as the foetid breath of Cadmus, the Cursed Shaman envelops your form, a horrific stench consuming your every tastebud and each instance of smell drifting within your nose. To a horrifying tune of gut-churning digestion and ravenous hunger, you realise that while your eyes fall towards the sizzling bile and digestive acids of the Cursed Shaman's stomach, the rest of you remains twitching and spastic upon the ground of the Chaos Plane. Agony blooms within you, a last radiant emanation of bile-ridden churning before everything goes black.
    You have been slain by Cadmus, the Cursed Shaman.
    A cloud of flies swarms about the corpse of Truax, her lifeless form shrivelled and drained by Cadmus, the Cursed Shaman.

The Chaos Lords are a merciless crew. I like it. 

• You rip into a whisper spiderling with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a whisper spiderling, retrieving the corpse.
    The young spider wobbles momentarily before ultimately collapsing to the ground, its eight legs pathetically splayed out to each side.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 103.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Heir to Ashaxei's Legacy.
    *** Congratulations, you've just completed the Battlerage Basics task! ***
    You feel your experience grow as a result of your accomplishment.
    A jagged crimson shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

That is one long task to complete... 

• Participated in some kind of event, made my historical knowledge useful, then finally went and learned Tsol'dasi. Pretty good day.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."

• I'd prefer it in the house it was in, at least might be able to break into that.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You played yourself.

• Cooper said:

I'd prefer it in the house it was in, at least might be able to break into that.
    It's a challenge
  • I had the braid for a while but didn't see a noticeable difference. Probably because I didn't bash as much or as quickly as others do with it. What is the percentage gold increase having it?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Zero, you still hit cap.
  • Mindshell said:
    Zero, you still hit cap.
    Yeah braid got nerfed before gold cap limits... so it only increases gold drop by like 10%.... which is still good, but debatable making like 50 gold per extra a drop in exchange to be open pk
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I saw a noticable difference when I had the braid because I never hunt to cap. It’s excellent to hunt with.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2018
    I had it the other day and felt really underwhelming. Not only are you open PK, but in most cases it requires a concerted effort and more than a few deaths to get them from some op denizen. 

It feels like in general very few people bother with most of the relics unless they happen to spawn on something easy or on the ground. Or at least, most of them are usually on honour denizens' hands when I do RELIC STATUS, save the odd one or two

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• rageblade still the best hunting relic.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Not to mention Penwize coming for you while you’re there?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Nah, not worried about Penwize. Just the 4 that I mentioned.

• I haven’t even been playing, don’t say that Coops. 😕
  • You put it in my butt hard once, I'll never forget.

• I’m the least griefy person. I like to be left alone while I bash so I tend to leave people alone while they bash. 
  • Except the couple of times you've smashed me w/ Dunn when I had a relic.

Jerk.

• Do you really never get Dunn/Irimon ganked or do you just consider Irimon an extension of Dunn and thus not listed as a separate person?
  • Yeah, I've been replaced by Dunn's vestigial twin