Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Mudlet Timers

IsmayIsmay ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand AchaeanMember Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
I'm using @Klendathu's Wild Walking script, and am having a bit of trouble with the walking timer. This is what I think is the relevant portion of the script. Every few rooms I move, the script seems not to pause. I end up with the "Now now, don't be so hasty!" message, and have to use the wwgo alias again and again.

ww.setmovetimer = function(time)

if ww.movetimer then killTimer(ww.movetimer) end

ww.movetimer = tempTimer(getNetworkLatency()+(time or 0.3), function ()
ww.movetimer = false
ww.Move()
end)
end

Does anyone know how to fix this without breaking it? I'm afraid to do much with it because I haven't done any work with timers yet.
Give us shop logs!

Pretty please...
Utianima

Comments

• UtianimaUtianima ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Norway and AustriaMember Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Have you tried to up the 0.3 to 0.4 or 0.5, to see what happens?

Antonius
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You'll want to check the calls to that function to make sure they're not passing a value that would be used in place of the 0.3.

If you don't have celerity, and aren't Mhun, you can only move two rooms per second, so want a delay of about 0.5 seconds.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2018
    Your system latency might be affecting it, timers can be somewhat fickle. With the advent of timeframe for quickly flipping the state of variables, I might redo some of the wildwalker script to address it.

For now, as Utianima suggests, up the value of time to 0.5 or so... there will be a line somewhere in the script that says something like
    local time = 0.3

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Ismay
  • UtianimaUtianima ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Norway and AustriaMember Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Where can I find this script, btw? Don't see it in your signature @Klendathu.

Sign In to Comment.