Desktop thread

Comments

• Drauka said:
    Eld said:
    @Drauka, the window manager is xmonad, with a dzen status bar at the top.
    Awesome, I'll look that up. I used to be all about minimalist and Linux and BSD were my desktop since 1996 (Slackware '96, heh). Loved Blackbox when it came out. I mainly just live out of terminal windows. Anyways, thanks man.
    I like xmonad a lot, though tiling window managers in general took a while to get used to. The biggest drawback for me is all the configuration being in Haskell, which is a language I haven't managed to really wrap my head around yet.
  • I have to admit... @Delphinus and @Lianca ... your desktops made me squee.
    meh

• Valden said:
    This thread reveals more about the player behind the character than the profile pictures thread does.
    Unless:

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I imagine personality orders are pretty standard requirements for mudding. Like @Averi being convinced that I'm really some person in Hashan who thinks she's a werewolf in real life. :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Well, I'm not going to post five different pictures. Scrolling Desktop for the win.
  • @Xith that tells me you are a boring, obtuse person *sagenod*
  • @Chryenth mine changes pictures too, Lust just happens to be one of my favorite characters, so I was fine showing just that one. 
    meh

• edited March 2013
    imageimage

• edited March 2013
    Ok, NOW here's mine

Do I win a prize for the most shortcuts?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • you people and your non-minimalist desktops. Be like @Xith and I with practically NOTHING on the desktop (but guessing probably have a million folders in Finder instead)
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    you people and your non-minimalist desktops. Be like @Xith and I with practically NOTHING on the desktop (but guessing probably have a million folders in Finder instead)
    I have more shortcuts than you, but overall I think I win at minimalism.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    It's small :x.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sena said:
    Wysteria said:
    you people and your non-minimalist desktops. Be like @Xith and I with practically NOTHING on the desktop (but guessing probably have a million folders in Finder instead)
    I have more shortcuts than you, but overall I think I win at minimalism.
    I might have to contest you on that, unless having a wallpaper counts as non-minimalist.
  • Wysteria said:
    You might have minimalist styles, but I have an actual computer, not some copycat wannabe.  :P
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Wysteria said:
    Desktop icons remind me of what I have: "Hey, remember this? You could play/use/do this!" If I relied on Launchy or something, all those programs would go underutilised. I prefer my breaks from routine.

Also, bare wallpaper is boring.
  • Because my main laptop self-destructed two days ago, here's the desktop of my smaller, less efficient laptop. That bar on the left has all my icons and is scrollable, a lot of them aren't displayed.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Hey Listen!!
    meh

• @Katzchen, now where have I seen that before?
  • Valden said:
    @Katzchen, now where have I seen that before?
    Probably because you left that desktop on the laptop, and I haven't bothered to change it?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Stop quoting posts with my name in 'em.
  • Xith said:
    Stop quoting posts with my name in 'em.
    No.
  • Work desktop: 

The other work desktop: 
  • @Tekk do you work for NASA?
  • Bigger than NASA! This is just my section of the data center. There's three server areas like this. 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    My work desktop:

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    My work desktop:

I like that picture. I could see myself putting on some headphones and listening to the rain/fireplace sites while working away.