Dear Tecton

13»

Comments

• Katia said:
    I remember getting really annoyed about something once and being really loud and shouty on forums, and @Tecton totally took the wind out of my sails by fixing it and talking to me about it and making me feel all sorts of warms and happy in my cold bitter heart. 
    Damn you customer service! 
    Damn you!!

Sayyyy, do you think I could get obfuscated vials fixed if I did that? Hmmmmmmm.....
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    The answer is maybe.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • @Sarapis — Firm as in solid like cheddar cheese, or firm like maybe-possibly-could be done if we felt like it tofu?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Also, The Curious, Cardan.  *That* guy.  
  • Would like to move to a less crowded server prz.
  • Also there is no ability comparable to Logosian. :(
  • edited February 2013
    Every time this thread is bumped, for some reason, Dear Prudence gets stuck in my head.
  • Sarapis said:
    Every day Achaea is alive is a Dear Sarapis thread. :) 

I gave it five years until MUDs were totally dead when I opened it in 1997, so it's all gravy now!

That's what pioneers do, make happy accidents! The virtual property for money business model was a success. I wasn't around for much time on Achaea, but the people I've interacted with directly or indirectly has also been a pleasure. The business model with the people behind the gods make the game. Clem (*duck lightning*) was awesome and Tecton is also :)
  • Working with and talking to Tecton is always a pleasant time. He's very responsive and pays attention. Keep up the good work!
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

• yay Tecton! Thank you for giving me some new things to think about in regards to getting my house back above sea level. 

:x

• Played it since forever with only minor breaks.

Best game ever!
  • I'm adding my voice to this as well.  I stumbled across Achaea back in 01/02 when I was looking for a place to escape from the pressures of the exam period and all the crap that gets heaped on kids doing their last year of high school.  Over the years it's honed my typing ability, my inter personal skills with other people, got me interested enough to teach myself coding, and I've made friend with some awesome people.  In fact, my first trip anywhere was to a meet in Orlando, that caused no amount of anxiety in my mum when I told her that I was going to another country to meet a group of people I've only known from the internet.  I even got the opportunity to interview Clementius for an assignment when I went on to study IT during my career change.  It's been the tireless work of the admin that has set that standard for quality work that I use to judge other games by and what has kept me coming back.  Thanks! :)>-
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.