Dear Tecton

There are times when a man must confess his love for another man in a public setting.

So here I am. I love you. In a 100%, totally homosexual dude-on-dude way.

Okay, just kidding about that (you'll be getting a hug at Ironcon though).

But thank you for listening to my request. I really appreciate it. Thank you <3

For those curious...

Message #14569      Sent by Tecton
2/19/0:27 You'll be able to morph your weapon into knuckles and a flail now.

And since we're already in this thread, thank you and every other volunteer and paid admin for consistently making Achaea a better and more engaging game.

Comments

• I will be fully clothed according to nude beach laws, don't worry!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Tvistor left out the more fun bits of that!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Iocun said:
    Ugh, nude beaches. A decent, upstanding beach will always cover itself with plenty of sand, TYVM.
    Those are prude beaches, Iocun. 
  • I've always found @Tecton to be really good with arties and purchases and the rest of the admins as well.

When I bought my scimitars and used them for awhile and found that they really wasn't what I was hoping for, I asked if I could change them to Rapiers and was able to.

• edited February 2013
    Panpardus said:
    I've always found @Tecton to be really good with arties and purchases and the rest of the admins as well.

When I bought my scimitars and used them for awhile and found that they really wasn't what I was hoping for, I asked if I could change them to Rapiers and was able to.

That's pretty much a load of bullshit. I was told the exact opposite less than one month ago:

Tecton said:
    You can upgrade your rapiers via the in-game system with ARTEFACT UPGRADE. I'm afraid that we can't do cross-upgrades to different weapons types though!

To clarify, I was asking for two SPs to be converted to two Scimitars.

Thanks for once again, having no consistency @Tecton.
  • An upgrade (of a weapon you've had) is different from a trade-in of a recent purchase.
  • edited February 2013
    Delphinus said:
    An upgrade (of a weapon you've had) is different from a trade-in of a recent purchase.
    So I'll rephrase it so it makes sense to the masses:

When I bought my scimitars Rapiers and used them for awhile and found that they really wasn't what I was hoping for, I asked if I could change them to Rapiers Scimitars and was able to told this isn't possible.

Tecton said:
    I'm afraid that there's no special deals that we can apply for changing weapon types, you'd have to trade your existing rapiers in and purchase scimitars.

Please tell me how my request was any different from Panpardus' aside from the word replacement. Explain to me why one customer of the same company I pay asked for and received a change of item sans cost, after multiple refusals to other customers was given. 

Explain to me why it is alright for the hypocrisy and favoritism to run unchecked. 
  • edited February 2013
    Panpardus probably did this years ago where you probably did this not years ago. There were a lot of things done years ago that wouldn't be done now, one thing that comes to mind is my undead octopus pet that I had approved 5 years ago and was denied when I had the funds 3 years ago to make. Another example is Dragonknight or Schnergenfloogen as a name then opposed to trying to name yourself that now.

There are rules in place and sometimes those rules change. There is no favoritism, and even if there was such a thing, coming to the forums to claim so and then slight the company and producer of the game will not gain you any kind of favoritism points whatsoever.

The goal of the game is to make its customers happy so that they will continue to play and pay. Panpardus sunk a boatload of credits on things around the time he got the swords (I think that's when the castle was built?) so it should be pretty reasonable to conclude that they would probably assist him specifically at that time in making his purchases the most fulfilling and rewarding to his gaming experience.

Now that I think about it, I think Pontus owns the castle, but either way the rest of the post stands.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    re: Schnergenfloogen, it was a dragon character who wanted to be deleted but since the character had purchased credits SUICIDE function was not an option so admin chose some obscure name so no one would find it.  However because he still had some FRIENDS the name lived on and some people used it as motto/warcries so it's become something of a legend.
  • edited February 2013
    Draqoom said:
     There is no favoritism, and even if there was such a thing, coming to the forums to claim so and then slight the company and producer of the game will not gain you any kind of favoritism points whatsoever.
    There is absolutely favourtism by admin in Achaea/IRE.

I personally don't want it, I'm not a suck up, I never will be. I've literally been shrubbed for disagreeing with these admin. Is that going to make me feel like being a yes man/instant adulator to them? Hell no, not happening. 

I don't want preferential treatment. What I want is consistency and fairness, for everyone not just a select few. 
  • edited February 2013
    I have a feeling there was more genuine favoritism years ago (especially with the old Maya, which I doubt more than a few would ever admit), but there was also a bit more freedom/leeway for everyone.  I don't generally get a favoritism vibe from Tecton, but sometimes feelings are wrong.  The devil is always in the details, but assuming Iphis wanted to change his weapons relatively soon after the purchase, I'd be fairly pissed off if I were him and read Panpardus' post.  It may be that Tecton was given marching orders sometime in between the two cases and that there was absolutely no favoritism, per se, but just a tightening of policy.  But the bottom line is that inconsistency generally pisses customers off... except... sometimes here, because of the rather different relationship players have with admin here - I think players here do feel a need to curry favor with admin, and a fair few actively do so.  This is different than actively trying to piss off admin, which is always inadvisable... 

If I'm clear on the admin personnel changes, I believe we *are* talking about two events that happened under the same admin, and not all that far apart from one another.  In other words, it doesn't seem that we're comparing an event that's ancient history with one that's really recent, or from an entirely different administration.  As I said, it really may not even be Tecton's "fault", but it still sucks.  Well, it's all a bit uncomfortable that this "happy" thread is clearly derailed, but being fair and consistent (and being perceived that way) go hand in hand.

• Iphis said:
    Draqoom said:
     There is no favoritism, and even if there was such a thing, coming to the forums to claim so and then slight the company and producer of the game will not gain you any kind of favoritism points whatsoever.
    There is absolutely favourtism by admin in Achaea/IRE.
    Cite me some proof and/or give me a baseline of what makes this favoritism happen. I've never seen or felt it. The people who get things are the ones who work for them or deserve them from what I've seen.

• Iphis bought his weapons a long while back and wanted to upgrade then to a torrent weapon. Pan asked to switch weapons very shortly after purchasing them. Massive difference.

• I too, want to upgrade to a torrent weapon, prrrrrrrz? 

• edited February 2013
    Iphis wrote:
    . I've literally been shrubbed for disagreeing with these admin.

@Iphis I expect you to justify this accusation. When were you shrubbed for disagreeing with the admin?
  • Egads! This thread took an unexpected turn for the worst.

Can we go back to beaches, sand, nudity, and how wonderful the volunteer and paid admin are for consistently making Achaea a better and more engaging game?

• If the admin shrubbed people over merely disagreeing with them, everyone that voted no in the Targossas poll would be rustling right now.
  • They have all been deleted and replaced by Tecton's henchmen.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You got that protection money?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Iphis Still waiting for you to back up your accusation or to apologize for making things up. I'm good either way: If you were shrubbed for disagreeing with the admin, we will investigate that quite thoroughly as this is the first time I've heard of that accusation. 
  • Probably more productive to just wait for him. I'm guessing he doesn't have anything to back up his claim, and really the *last* thing we want is the Logos going dormant to play the forums.

I've always liked what I've seen from the admin, personally. Not many personal tales to tell, yet. :)
  • Sarapis said:
    @Iphis Still waiting for you to back up your accusation or to apologize for making things up. I'm good either way: If you were shrubbed for disagreeing with the admin, we will investigate that quite thoroughly as this is the first time I've heard of that accusation. 
    Hyperbole on my part, I apologize to @Tecton for stating that. To be honest and I know it won't make up for my rage in this thread, but so you know @Sarapis, all my dealngs with @Tecton have always been respectful and professional on his part. 

I cannot say the same for you, unfortuntately,  @Sarapis.  However, I also I cannot say the same about myself. I know I'm difficult to deal with. Thank you @Delphinus at reminding me to chillax. Sorry for derailing a happy thread.