Dear Tecton

Comments

• I don't like being part of gravy :(
  • I don't think I like being undifferentiated from gravy.

I also want some gravy.
  • Ugh country fried steak....
    FK

• I'll jump on the bandwagon, because it's a really shiny bandwagon and all the cool kids are doing it.

I've had few disagreements with the administration and they've always worked things out with me.  Things have generally come through in a very agreeable fashion, and I've only really walked away dissatisfied once ( bring back obfuscated vials refilling venoms, damnit! I don't care about the other non-curative fluids, but my venoms! :( ).  Everything else has been worked out (even if some took a little time and talking), and I've walked away happy. They've been fantastic to work with and have always been willing to hear me out at least, even on odd requests.  I've worked out some really great things with them that add a level of flavour and interest to the game for me that no other game has managed.  @Tecton has always been easy to work with, both when purchases are in question (ie, customisations) and in the general case (bugs, ACC, events).
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Honestly, @Tecton and @Sarapis both, amazing interactions ICly and OOCly. My favorite was when I changed to monk and I think it was the big S who sent the email but said something about good luck as monk. Small things like that made me smile. Tecton's speed at reacting to issues and other things is awesome. All of the administration have been cool with everything. So, I don't understand how people get that they're mean or whatnot.
  • I've had negative interactions with one or two particular administrators, which a couple of you might have heard about, and I've had my issues sometimes with the direction things were taking, but on the whole the admin team for Achaea has been top notch. Recently especially, the way the game has been reinvigorated has been great to see, and that's down to the people in charge.

Having Sarapis back is always great, but the team under him right now is one of the best I've seen since I started playing. Would trade them all for Clementius, natch, but they still do okay. :)

• YueYue
    edited February 2013
    My letter to the admin would look like this:

ISSUE ME,

How does 'x' work in conjunction with 'y'? P.S. Thanks for promptly answering my last 20 issues with thoughtful, thorough answers. I will never publicly express anything but <3 for you guys on forums. P.S.S. Thank you for correcting some of the all of the typos I have submitted so quickly and accepting or at least considering some of the almost all of the feedback given to you by your players.

<enter>
    -Yue
  • Silas said:
    I've had negative interactions with one or two particular administrators, which a couple of you might have heard about, and I've had my issues sometimes with the direction things were taking, but on the whole the admin team for Achaea has been top notch. Recently especially, the way the game has been reinvigorated has been great to see, and that's down to the people in charge.

Having Sarapis back is always great, but the team under him right now is one of the best I've seen since I started playing. Would trade them all for Clementius, natch, but they still do okay. :)
    The first admin I ever really "liked" on the forums was Neraeos when he took over Golden Dais a few years ago.  He was very clear about his role and the rules for dealing with him - and those rules were very fair and evenly enforced.  I think the current Neraeos is fairly quiet on the forums, and that in itself is something I can respect (although he'll never get forum phase on that plan)!  I like the way Tecton treats people, and Ourania, as well.  From what I see around here, they are standouts in this respect.  
  • Horatio said:
    If the admin shrubbed people over merely disagreeing with them, everyone that voted no in the Targossas poll would be rustling right now.
    I totes voted "whatevah" because I guess the name isn't *that* bad for a city I don't even live in :P
  • Sarapis said:
    Every day Achaea is alive is a Dear Sarapis thread. :) 

I gave it five years until MUDs were totally dead when I opened it in 1997, so it's all gravy now!
    I gave books five years, around then. :p Now my wife has a kindle. I don't know if I was right or not!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I've never had a problem with administration and every time I've ever brought a problem to them or issued or anything at all, it's always been handled quickly and pleasantly.

Bandwagons are great!
  • I have only had positive experiences (except all those times Mhaldorian Divine QQ'd).

I also secretly like Pandora because complaining is insanely fun.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    9/10. Some active transparency such as the original purpose of this thread would be cool but the game is still fun and i still have my flower power so i cannot complain

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited February 2013
    For most of my time in Achaea, Matt/Sarapis was the main producer.  Pretty cool that he's back, I'm one of the few players still around from 1997-98ish and nostalgia mode has really kicked in the last few months.  My dealings with Tecton has been mainly to the point (mainly artefact purchases) but he has always been responsive and professional.

I want to say I came back to Achaea in July 2011 and IMHO the game was struggling a bit by some major factional imbalances (most of which is not within their control anyways) that really hurt the game experience.  But some such as Shallam's multiple ideologies, inactive Gods (throw Mhaldor a bone here) have been solved and I feel like many of the solutions were plucked directly from the player feedback (and even forums!).

Still need to speed up those classleads (yes, the super big plot no doubt took the bulk of the time) but some things are often broken that they should be prioritized and fixed immediately before it causes players to lose confidence in the admin.
  • Following suit from @Seftin.

Dear Achaea, admins, and the players,

Thank you for helping this particular player get over their anxieties and giving them an outlet to relax, bash and have fun (even if it is paperwork or high-school drama issues). I've never had a problem with the admin and they always answer all my ISSUE MEs within mere hours (especially considering I live on the other side of the world to when they shouldn't be working). It's a great service and has kept me here for 2+ years so far.

Thank you :)
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I execute people irl all the time i have no idea what these rules you speak of are

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sometimes if administration catches you they put you in a 'saferoom' for your character's entire lifespan (characters are purged approximately every 60 years depending on server). 
  • Tvistor said:

Sometimes if administration catches you they put you in a 'saferoom' for your character's entire lifespan (characters are purged approximately every 60 years depending on server). 

can't even afk in safe room either due to NPCs being aggro dependant on level