Minecraft

Comments

• So...anyone logged on to the server/and or built anything cool lately.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I need to downgrade my minecraft to be able to hop on. >.> Forgot that I wasn't supposed to upgrade.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Kazu few of my old designs(Found on youtube, tbh) were busted, few locks and different things. I can't figure out T flip flops for crap anyways, haha
  • Wonder when we will be updated to 1.5, and what will happen to the map. I know that we need to replace the Nether for the new ores, but what do you guys wanna do about the overworld?

• edited March 2013
    Kazu's question above is a good one - do we want to start a new world again to take advantage of the update?

(Note: The current 1.5 bukkit build is a developmental one - if and when I install it, there's a strong possibility of bugs!)

ETA: Will likely install the update later today, just wanting some feedback to the above question first.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• You can simply delete the nether world and it will auto-spawn a new one with the quartz ore. As far as I know, there weren't any overworld ore changes. With that being said, it might be a good time for a new map. Most of the cave systems within a good chunk of spawn are mined out, and it would give a chance for a cleaner looking spawn.

We could even carry items over if we really wanted to. Could give everyone a single doublechest placed in the end. Let them store w/e they want for the new map in it.

• BUT MY AIRBOAT?!?! AND MY CASTLE?!?! Actually I only like building things, once they're done I couldn't care less.
  • Well, you could give them a grand send off if we go with a new map! Turn off TNT protection for like the last day, and give everything a grand old send off, V for Vendetta style. You could also recycle the supplies if we decide to carry over stuff.

• No need to recycle. Mining is half the fun for me. I spent something like 26 hours straight doing nothing but strip mining.
  • You...are an addict. Strip mining bores me to tears. I don't mind mining in natural caves...but still.

• edited March 2013
    @Daslin, @Siena, @Ruth, @Halos, @Antidas, @Valden, @Tharvis, @May

Tagging you all so you'll notice Jhaeli's question and give feedback!

Edit: @Jonathin too!

• new world, update server all good. Go for it.
  • i'd prolly play again if it were a new server. I got bored building the castle in the end, it was just turning into a whole village and I couldn't be assed to finish it

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    NEW MAP! YESH! I has to figure new build...
  • w/e everyone else wants is fine, I really dont play that much anyways

• RuthRuth Singapore
    New map is fine by me.

• So long as there is a forest jungle it's fine with me

• edited March 2013
    Alrighty. Unless anyone PMs me to scream "GAHH! NOOOOO!", there will be a new map and update by the end of the day!

Done! At the moment, there's a LogBlock error happening, but I was able to login fine, so am gonna fix it later. Have fun.

Again, this is a developmental Bukkit build, so there will be bugs. Luckily, with a new server, it's not as if we have much to save if we get a game-breaker. From the Bukkit Announcement:

Known Issues:
    • Falling blocks spawn (or appear to spawn) one block higher than they should. This is a vanilla bug and needs to be fixed by Mojang.
    • When observing a player riding a vehicle or pig, they appear to teleport around the area of the vehicle they are riding. This is a vanilla bug and needs to be fixed by Mojang.
    • Paintings are invisible under certain circumstances. This is a vanilla bug and needs to be fixed by Mojang.
    • New vanilla commands are not implemented yet.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited March 2013
    Wanted to chime in that I heard from Senoske. He's glad for a new map.

Oh and I claim the jungle!

• I've actually got a program that renders maps from the seed if you guys are interested. I've never seen it be wrong, and could help people get settled in faster?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Siena said:
    Wanted to chime in that I heard from Senoske. He's glad for a new map. Oh and I claim the jungle!
    D:

• Jungle found at -1223, -830. First come, first serve!

• edited March 2013
    I want to make cobblelusis!!! Not my fault I have an MRI this morning!

• Just found another jungle at -1750, -260

• edited March 2013
    Woo, about 15 minutes in and I find my first spawner already.

Sandstone temple at -675, -153

• I lay claim to the forest at -300, 10. Nobody build around there please.

• I claim one of the jungles. No one build there please

• I claim the rest of the world. No one build there please.

• edited March 2013
    @Jhaeli It is saying that the server is out of days for me. I can't log in. Not sure if you fixed it yet or what

Nevermind spammed log in and finally got in.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited March 2013
    Omg yay okay new server?! Need a spawn building!