Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Crafting Stage 2!

13

Comments

  • Laodoke
    Laodoke Member Posts: 79
    All the cool shit happens when I’m on a break from the game. 😂 Needed said break though. Not sure how this skill set works but it looks awesome!! Also beverage making as been a big dream so kudos to the staff. But I wonder... are there going to be predetermined things you can draw or is it more freestyle like making a clothing desc. Also excited to see what materials we can use in both!!
  • Shirszae
    Shirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,521 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Its a design based tradeskill like clothing.

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

  • Synbios
    Synbios Member Posts: 4,634 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    INFh, INFm, INFe, INFw ex[

    Infinite stats OP

    NumiraShirszaeSkye
  • Oceana
    Oceana North SeaMember Posts: 906 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achaea's network server room... can I explore it please? :)
    NumiraShirszaeArin!
  • Minifie
    Minifie Member Posts: 3,209 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This may or may not earn much positive response, but could we increase the base number of tradeskills by 2, and the default base amount by 1? So all characters can pick 4 for free, and the first 3 cost the base amount, and then increases from there. Could this be retroactive, so anyone who picks up one of the three new ones, the first one they get costs the ~600 so those with a few, (or in a few cases, LOTS) can at least quickly nab a tradeskill and dive right in without quite the paywall? 
    ShirszaeArin!
  • Synthus
    Synthus Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Achaea's network server room. (indoors)
    A constant hum fills this small room. You notice a rack mount Beowulf cluster of Crays is in one corner generating this hum.
    Oh man, that's neat! I-
    Wires of all sizes extend from the cluster and wall forming a tangled mass.

    Anaidiana
  • Arin!
    Arin! Member Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Minifie said:
    This may or may not earn much positive response, but could we increase the base number of tradeskills by 2, and the default base amount by 1? So all characters can pick 4 for free, and the first 3 cost the base amount, and then increases from there. Could this be retroactive, so anyone who picks up one of the three new ones, the first one they get costs the ~600 so those with a few, (or in a few cases, LOTS) can at least quickly nab a tradeskill and dive right in without quite the paywall? 
    This would be so nice 

    Argwin
  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What's the time and resource cost of that log?
  • Rhivona
    Rhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 178 Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Tahquil said:
    What's the time and resource cost of that log?
    Custom resource that is not yet live, and the time was shortened for the purposes of demonstration (but it was roughly thirty seconds).
    Tahquil
  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    No endurance or will cost? Nice.
  • Anaidiana
    Anaidiana Member Posts: 834 @ - Epic Achaean
    lol @ server room, but yay new stuff to do!


    image
  • Astarod
    Astarod Member Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Just some names:

    art- Imagery, sketchcraft, sketching

    ship- Stewardship, Engineering, equipping, provisioning, outfitting, Construction.


    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

    Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Minifie
    Minifie Member Posts: 3,209 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rhivona said:
    Perfection.

    > p barrel
    Rounded in shape, this large container is most often made of reinforced wood.  Often used for long-term storage, it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks, though usually larger.
    It has 29 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 156 pounds.
    A red cordial sloshes within the confines of the vessel, oddly bubbling.
    The liquid is past the ideal drinking age.
    There are 147 sips remaining.
    > drink barrel
    Only a savage drinks straight from the barrel.
    Why do Eleusians get cordial but no one else? :(
    RyxCailin
  • Rhivona
    Rhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 178 Moderator
    Minifie said:
    Rhivona said:
    Perfection.

    > p barrel
    Rounded in shape, this large container is most often made of reinforced wood.  Often used for long-term storage, it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks, though usually larger.
    It has 29 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 156 pounds.
    A red cordial sloshes within the confines of the vessel, oddly bubbling.
    The liquid is past the ideal drinking age.
    There are 147 sips remaining.
    > drink barrel
    Only a savage drinks straight from the barrel.
    Why do Eleusians get cordial but no one else? :(
    Trust me, you don't want to drink that cordial.
  • Profit
    Profit Member Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited August 2019
    Rounded in shape, this large container is most often made of reinforced wood.  Often used for long-term storage, it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks, though usually larger.
    Can I instead suggest something like:
    Rounded in shape, this barrel is made of reinforced wood. A cylindrical container of bowed planks bound into place by corroded metal hoops, it bears a passing resemblance to a keg or cask.
    There's some confusion in your original description as to whether you're referring to this specific barrel or all barrels in general. So when you say, "this large container (specific barrel) is most often made of reinforced wood (all barrels in general)." Also, "it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks (specific barrel), though usually larger (all barrels in general)."


    RyxMroxylCailin
  • Cailin
    Cailin Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Profit said:
    Rounded in shape, this large container is most often made of reinforced wood.  Often used for long-term storage, it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks, though usually larger.
    Can I instead suggest something like:
    Rounded in shape, this barrel is made of reinforced wood. A cylindrical container of bowed planks bound into place by corroded metal hoops, it bears a passing resemblance to a keg or cask.
    There's some confusion in your original description as to whether you're referring to this specific barrel or all barrels in general. So when you say, "this large container (specific barrel) is most often made of reinforced wood (all barrels in general)." Also, "it bears some passing resemblance to kegs and casks (specific barrel), though usually larger (all barrels in general)."


    I agree - you could also say, "it bears a passing resemblance to a keg or cask, though somewhat larger." ...not that this really matters, I suppose. :)

  • Ictinus
    Ictinus Administrator Posts: 313 Achaean staff
    Rhivona has promised to bring more teasers over the next few days!
    "If you build it, they will come."
    MelodieShirszaeCailin
  • Rhivona
    Rhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 178 Moderator
    Ictinus said:
    Rhivona has promised to bring more teasers over the next few days!
    Teasers you say?

    Using the recipe for reference, you carefully steep some mint tea and pour it into a golden chalice, filling it to the brim.
    SkyeMroxylCailinLenn
  • Cailin
    Cailin Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    O yez!
    Ryx
  • Morthif
    Morthif Member Posts: 1,747 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rhivona said:
    Ictinus said:
    Rhivona has promised to bring more teasers over the next few days!
    Teasers you say?

    Using the recipe for reference, you carefully steep some mint tea and pour it into a golden chalice, filling it to the brim.
    He meant Shipfitting spoilers. 
  • Melodie
    Melodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,185 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Anze     
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Jiraishin
    Jiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,202 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rhivona said:
    Apparently corn juice is popular, who knew?
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/YoYqPPf3
    I think I'm going to be sick. @Sothantos, you have much to answer for.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."

    (Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    IssamShirszaeSophi
  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Corn juice is da bomb.
  • Sothantos
    Sothantos Member Posts: 617 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's milk in that. What is this travesty?
  • Caelan
    Caelan Member Posts: 2,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    PUT IT IN A STILL WHERE IT BELONGS

Sign In to Comment.