The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Is there a new upcoming? I couldn't login now...or nvm I will find out tomorrow... 
  • No, there's not.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Tiamenjiara, the court conjuror shouts, "Lo! The time is near!"

A travelling minstrel shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Nehuen shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Rhuhu shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

The caustic voice of Big Bad Wolf, Arkantos Darkwing sizzles through the air, "If you insist..."

Salyn, the village guard shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Seril, a Shastaan merchant shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Tasca shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Joshua, the head carpenter shouts, "Let the king rise once more to take up the throne that is his!"

Did lol

• Eleusis sitting at the gatehouse talking while the Ithmias are on fire.

• Wicella said:
    Eleusis sitting at the gatehouse talking while the Ithmias are on fire.

I mean you are winning against him after all
  • Eh, most likely just over it and waiting for "it" to happen, whatever "it" may be.

• Tiamenjiara, the court conjuror shouts, "You have listened well and remained silent. I ask you now:
    open your mouth that we may hear your voice!"

The Northern Giant stirs, quakes trembling through his montane expanse as the conjuror's plea is
    answered. Betwixt the craggy shoulders, Bataoac's mouth falls open to reveal a cave large enough to 
    hold an army.

Tiamenjiara calls for silence before closing her eyes in concentration. Drawing on powerful magics,
    the conjuror murmurs under her breath, uttering fervent exhortations to the four and prayers to the 
    king.

An aura of translucent smoke materialises, surrounding the conjuror in hues blending rich reds, deep
    browns, and brilliant blues, tempered by a single strip of stunning pure white. Cradling the air 
    with her palms, a great diamond appears, which she takes into her grasp before opening her eyes, a 
    look of fierce determination blazing on her features.

Tiamenjiara, the court conjuror shouts, "As the four brim with life, so now do four more offer
    theirs to you!"

Tiamenjiara moves to the first sacrifice, and etches a writhing swirl symbol into the facet.

Rhuhu shouts, "Let wind enliven you and bring you back to us!"

His vigil ended, Rhuhu has performed the ritual of obeisance and given his life to the air.

Without hesitation, Tiamenjiara dips a single finger into the steaming blood, raising it to trace
    over the diamond's motif.

The Mistral's breezy mirth stills, the clouds overhead churning as the very winds pause in
    consternation.

His words weighted with the truculence of servitude, Han-Silnar speaks, "They bite off more than you
    can chew, Sapience."

His words weighted with the truculence of servitude, Han-Silnar speaks, "By order of the Jade
    Empress this must cease."

Tiamenjiara moves to the second sacrifice, and etches a licking flame symbol into the glass.

Ryina, the cook shouts, "Fire shall fill your veins, embrace the burning hunger that is life!"

Her vigil ended, Ryina has performed the ritual of obeisance and given her life to the flame.

Wiping her finger, Tiamenjiara dips it into the freshly spilled blood for a second time and once
    more traces over the motif.

Jeramun's flames roar with heightened intensity, blistering hot in perfect emulation of the
    conduit's unending rage.

Tiamenjiara moves to the third sacrifice, and etches a teardrop symbol into the glass.

Salyn, the village guard shouts, "Flow through time like the rushing waters of the river, make
    existence your cup and drink from it, let it fill you!"

His vigil ended, Salyn has performed the ritual of obeisance and given his life to the water.

Eager to continue, Tiamenjiara again places her finger into the newly offered blood pool, not
    pausing for even a single moment before repeating her tracing pattern over the motif.

Four shrieks of frenzied indignation slice remorselessly through the air as the Sorceress of the
    Seas thrashes wildly, whipping the tides into a maelstrom of ineffable wrath.
  • Zbaco said:
    Eh, most likely just over it and waiting for "it" to happen, whatever "it" may be.
    Yeah I can agree with that, I really wish I could interact more with the event so far. It's been really cool, but it would be so much cooler if I could actually do anything other than just sit here and read the messages. Even when the Ithmias were on fire we weren't able to extinguish them, just had to sit there and wait for the event to progress.
  • Terrifying in both size and stature, Pazuzu rises two dozen feet into the air, borne aloft on bat-
    like wings that rival even those of the late White Dragon herself with their span. A cowl of
    darkness enswathes his monstrous form, composed simultaneously of inscrutable shadows and all the
    known horrors of the mortal mind; a mere glimpse enough to turn all thoughts to dread terror and
    drive away all notions of joy. His visage is sharp-featured and pallid, impossibly lit from without
    as a pair of gleaming crimson eyes drink in all light and return naught but malice. Wearing a
    perpetually self-satisfied grin, the Prince of Woe exudes a confidence so unshakeable, so steadfast,
    so indelible that the very air surrounding him crackles with exultation at the mere gift of his
    magnificently horrifying presence.
    Pazuzu, Prince of Woe almost glows with nearly god-like power.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 218 pounds.
    You see nothing in it.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • So, did anyone guess Pazuzu coming back?
  • Pazuzu being back is mind blowing :astonished:
  • Meropis 2.0: Planes instead of ships?
  • Wouldn't have guessed Pazuzu, but did guess a bunch of new planes being accessible through Yggdrasil.
  • Funny enough, a few of us in Hashan had suspected Kasmarkin and Taug of something and even summoned him, but...well nothing of importance really happened. We tried questioning him back then and nothing.

The only -maaaaybe- clue was that he broke out of the crown's control fairly quickly. We just assumed it was bad luck.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Cooper said:
    Hataru called the Taug thing on day one of the event. I laughed then. Now I am eating my foot.
    Yeah screw you @Cooper. Calling meetings 3 hours into an event and laughing at ideas >:(

LAUGHING AT MY WEALTH OF INFINITE KNOWLEDGE. Everyone talking in that meeting and I was god damn right. GOD DAMN RIGHT I SAY. VENGEANCE IS MINE.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Hataru said:
    Cooper said:
    Hataru called the Taug thing on day one of the event. I laughed then. Now I am eating my foot.
    Yeah screw you Cooper. Calling meetings 3 hours into an event and laughing at ideas >:(

LAUGHING AT MY WEALTH OF INFINITE KNOWLEDGE. Everyone talking in that meeting and I was god damn right. GOD DAMN RIGHT I SAY. VENGEANCE IS MINE.

What on earth even made you think or hinted towards it being Taug at the very start of the event :/
  • Yeah someone from Hashan actually approached me and asked what I thought about the idea of Taug and Sh'fah being involved. I told them what I knew about the two, and then proceeded to say I thought it was highly unlikely to involve them. Am now in the same boat as @Cooper :( awkward.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

I love the awkward turtle. :D
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    What hinted at Taug's involvement though? I kinda jumped in after everything got started

I do hope when all is said and done, the events post will also explain all the seemingly random Pazuzu worshippers.

• obv they got angry their honours lines were so common and wanted a new one
  • I thought I was losing it when i saw the red sea. 
  • No wonder they said this was such a big project...so many changed tiles and rooms
  • So much cool stuff on these planes.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

Summary of my adventures in Yggdrasil Land.

This place is really full of surprises :D

• @Skye To further fuel your complex
    "If you build it, they will come."