What did you get in your globes?

Comments

• Katia said:
    that would be lovely... at the moment I have 15 glass vials (yes, I know.. I am a really odd artie whore) and 4 diamond ones sitting there looking like the expensive cousins
    I do like the diamond ones. I guess I might collect those when I can afford it. At the moment it's not really a high priority.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @katia - use them for cooking ingredients (if you're so inclined) or venoms. If you use them for venoms, they don't show up on Elixlist ;)

• Do serpents use venoms in vials?

• No, we don't.

• just kidding then. Nevermind!

• Katzchen said:
    Do serpents use venoms in vials?
    Serpents without trans venoms do.
  • serpents without trans venom tend not to have artie vials
  • The cool ones do.
  • @Katia - Out of interest are you after any specific pet or just a pet?
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

Sigh. Knew I shouldn't have bought more :p

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 7 credits!
    4339h, 3375m, 19965e, 17235w 73.8% cexkdb-(+172 Health)
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 10 credits!
    4339h, 3375m, 19965e, 17235w 73.8% cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free trait reset!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an obscure wooden box and some gold sovereigns!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 5 credits!

Stupid... useless decaying box and trait reset. And the box doesn't even function as a box. Just some joke item Katz would never use. Couldn't it at least it function as a box, and hold maybe 5 items and gold?

• Lisbethae is paying out the ass for them.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • My eleventy billion globe trinkets are sitting in a non decay room.. I'll sell them later
  • Katia said:
    sold the crowns already. 
    I seem to be collecting diamond vials.. which makes me sad.. my artie vials are glass vials

12 Glass, 1 sparking snowflake-shaped diamond... and 1 elegant diamond.
  • edited December 2012
    25 credits.  Quit while I'm a little ahead?  I love the idea of these though... surprises.  It seems like they fixed the worst complaints?  Maybe I'll get a couple more.
  • I get more sucked into the credit or crown sales so I'll take saving money this month =D Still waiting for a crown sale which includes new Shop of Wonders items!
  •     I got a diamond vial, two oija boards or what-they-bes, a magic eight-box thingy-majig, an hour glass, a badge of returning, a mayan crown, about 30 credits and 25000 gold, if I remember right, so that comes to about 225 credits, plus whatever you'd consider those boards and hourglasses.
         Was way stoked on the items until I found out they don't really do much, I was in dire hopes that their actions actually improved my strength or dexterity or something. Do they really turn into circle of friend permits? I already have 25 extra slots and 5 clan permits from the last promo, and I'm still feeling outrageously inadequate considering I have no friends.

I got twenty globes this year
  • edited December 2012
    I want a chipmunk .

:((
  • edited December 2012
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a carved wooden spirit board and some gold sovereigns!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a mountain of gold sovereigns!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an unusual hourglass and some gold sovereigns!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free reincarnation!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a Hunter's Belt!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a pair of Ivory dice!

Okay. I just logged into Achaea again, because tons of exciting things seem to be going on. Anyway, for some unknown reason I thought 'hey, I probably should buy some shifting globes, because I bought a bunch in Aetolia and they awesome'. I am so, so disappointed.

Just, uhh... because I love both these game, I'm going to copy a helpfile here and hope Tecton or whomever makes some changes to these things the next time they come around, because there's some seriously interesting items in the Aetolia ones:

23.3.5 Cryptic Chests

The Cryptic Chest can be bought from Qeddwyn for 150,000 gold, and is sometimes sold on the website, or given away as a prize. It contains a random prize, ranging from artifacts down to a handful of gold. The full listing of the current available prizes are as follows:

* Gold
    * 3-6 Grimstin pills
    * 3-6 Bull's eyes
    * 3-6 Phoenix hearts
    * 5 credits + gold
    * 10 credits + gold
    * 25 credits + gold
    * 50 credits + gold
    * 10-20 Iron Coins
    * A random set piece item (see below) + gold
    * 2-5 Artifact vials
    * A double experience chalice
    * A crystal of rebirth
    * A random minipet, available nowhere else.
    * A hunting boon token, redeemable for a level 1 class hunting artifact
    * A pet token, redeemable for the 900 credit pet package in HELP PETS
    * A ring of vigour
    * A house deed, with which one is entitled to either a free house plus two new rooms, or five new rooms on an existing house
    * An upgrade token, which may be used to upgrade any leveled artifact power on an existing artifact to the next level
    * A venom rag
    * A token of passage, redeemable for a level 1 wings or amulet
    * A girdle of the titans
    * Boots of the spider

Each chest also has a 10% chance of containing a broken piece from a chest, detailed below in set items.

SET ITEMS
    ---------
    Set items are not artifacts by themselves, and can be traded with other players. However, once you have all the items in a set, you can FUSE them together to form a unique artifact. Details of the artifacts and their set pieces follow.

A cryptic chest
    ---------------
    * 3x a broken piece from a chest

When the broken pieces are fused together, they will form a new chest
    for you to open!

The star chart of Elenina
    -------------------------
    * 1x the northeast segment of a star chart
    * 1x the southeast segment of a star chart
    * 1x the southwest segment of a star chart
    * 1x the northwest segment of a star chart

By utilizing the star chart, you can increase the influence of a
    particular star upon you to receive its effects. However, it will also
    bring forth a random negative star to influence you. While under the
    effects of the star chart, all other astronomy effects are cancelled
    out.

Usage: STARCHART , refer to HELP ASTRONOMY for a list of valid
    stars.

A snowglobe of Spinesreach
    --------------------------
    * 5x a model Spire of Spinesreach

Upon being shaken, the snowglobe will cause a blizzard to grip the area
    for half an Aetolian day. It cannot be used in a city, and can only be
    used once per Howling.

A bag of seeds
    --------------
    * 4x a shimmering seed

You can SPRINKLE SEEDS in a room, and after a while the seeds will
    sprout into flowers. The bag contains enough seeds for five uses, and
    refills itself each Howling.

A racial Idol
    -------------
    * 1x a small, golden head
    * 1x a small, headless golden torso
    * 1x a pair of small golden arms
    * 1x a pair of small golden legs

Each Howling, the idol's appearance will shift to represent a new race.
    Holding the idol grants you all the abilities of the race it is
    mimicking.

An ornately-framed mirror
    -------------------------
    * 1x top half of a mirror frame
    * 1x bottom half of a mirror frame
    * 2x a smashed mirror shard

Will alert you whenever someone tries to sense you. Does not reveal who did it, and only works on sense skills that are targetted directly on you (i.e. farsee, and not scent).

A compass of disorientation
    ---------------------------
    * 1x a compass rose diagram
    * 1x a magnetized compass needle
    * 1x an empty gold-forged compass case
    * 1x a broken length of gold chain

Rearranges the exits of the current room temporarily when you SHAKE it. The room will still connect to the same adjacent rooms, but the exits leading to them will be different. The effect lasts five minutes and can only be done once an Aetolian day.

A bracer of hammered ilmenite
    -----------------------------
    * 4x chunks of ilmenite ore

Glows whenever someone on your enemy list enters the same area as you. Does not bypass hood and various states such as phase and blackwind.

Eyes of the Observer
    --------------------
    * 1x Left Eye of the Observer
    * 1x Right Eye of the Observer
    * 1x an ornate silver gemstone setting
    * 1x a silver jewellery chain loop

Allows you to DIAGNOSE other people in the same room as you. Has a longer equilibrium time than self-diagnose.

A compass-inlaid ilmenite bracer
    --------------------------------
    * 1x Eyes of the Observer
    * 1x bracer of hammered ilmenite
    * 1x an ornately-framed mirror
    * 1x compass of disorientation
    NOTE: Unlike other set item artifacts, all of those artifacts need to belong to you.

This artifact contains all the powers of its set items, with bonuses! Bonuses are as follows:

Eye:     Can remote diagnose anybody on the same continent.
    Mirror:  Reveals the name of who sensed you.
    Bracer:  Bypasses hood, phase, blackwind, etc.
    Compass: The exit scrambling affects adjacent rooms as well.

Shifting globes need an upgrade!
  • Sasiya said:
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a Hunter's Belt!

I officially hate you am completely jealous of you.
  • @Sasiya you got a Hunter's Belt out of 15... and you're complaining?

• That is actually considered good here?

O.o
  • Yes. Very good.

• Kinda makes me wanna buy some more just for a gamble
  • edited December 2012
    That makes me a bit happier with what I got, but I still think it's lame that the payoff in Achaea is so much lower than in other IRE ventures.

I guess I'll just stay away from globes from now on and buy delicious credits instead.

EDIT: In order to contribute a bit more to this thread without spamming it, I am just going to say that set items are such a fun idea for these sort of items. Gathering them, trading with people etc, is kind of nice, and you'll usually end up with artifacts that are cheaper than what they would cost if they were just added to the artefact shops.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited December 2012
    Uh... a Hunter's Belt is worth 400 credits I believe. That's about 140 dollars of credits, nearly double what you would pay for 15 globes alone >.> You got really lucky haha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    Uh... a Hunter's Belt is worth 400 credits I believe. That's about 140 dollars of credits >.>
    And the 103 credits, the reincarnation, and the dice which would trade in for 33 credits?

• edited December 2012
    Not if you already have a hunter's belt. Likewise, getting reincarnations when you have the gem of transmutation is a bit lame. Would be better with the reincarnation dagger so you could trade it in.

I was sort of hoping for a crated pet, but alas! Mayhap I'll just try to get one in game.

EDIT:
    I sort of think you're overestimating the value of credits if you're basing them of off the expensive (per credit) packages, especially considering there was two 30% credit sales this year, plus the membership bonuses. But I'm going to be quiet now and try to figure out what to get with my newfound credits.

EDIT2:
    Obviously, I got a good set of orbs. But the chests I bought in Aetolia definitely had more credit value in them than here, which is what I was basing my initial statement off. I guess I my expectations were higher than they should be.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012

I agree on the dagger, if you can trade them in? I don't have any use for the reincarnation I received.

That's still a good 400 credits all up if you trade in the dice & belt. I reckon it should be made that you can trade two level 1's for a 2 (with any additional credits needed to make the difference)

• Sasiya said:
    Okay. I just logged into Achaea again, because tons of exciting things seem to be going on. Anyway, for some unknown reason I thought 'hey, I probably should buy some shifting globes, because I bought a bunch in Aetolia and they awesome'. I am so, so disappointed.

Just, uhh... because I love both these game, I'm going to copy a helpfile here and hope Tecton or whomever makes some changes to these things the next time they come around, because there's some seriously interesting items in the Aetolia ones:

Yes I know :(. I had mentioned this once that I felt Achaean globes were rather stingy compared to the other games.  Other than Aetolia, Lusternia's crates are pretty amazing and you get to build your own mini-pet (the mini-pets there are like artistic puzzle pieces that you can trade around, when you fit a set's pieces altogether it comes to life). Im sad to admit the best thing I got out of my coins...was a mayan crown. Not even sure what to do with this spirit board thing. Oh and by the way..it decays?? Why in god's name did I pay 5$ for an item that will decay -,-.

• Sasiya is right. The prizes you get from Aetolia outshine Achaea's by a -lot- (just like the wheel spins did). When you buy globes there, you'll be extremely disappointed if you buy globes on Achaea.