Hello there...

Comments

• Cooper said:
    You're not gonna get along well in Achaea unless you get out of your old mindset.

You were a borderline griefer back then, held back mostly by your lack or artefacts. If you do the same stuff you used to do, you're gonna find a lot of people that are fully artied and a lot better than you smashing your face in.
    Yea I'm aware. Towards the end I was not nearly as aloof with my decisions with Halios.

That is the irony here; I attempted to find a nonviolent and RP resolution to the situation, and was met with a bit of swift ignorance and action in return.
  • Good to hear!

• Cooper said:
    Good to hear!
    I started playing Achaea when I was a disgruntled highschool student (around 15?).

I'm currently still disgruntled (facetiousness implied) but I am now a law student at a top 20 school and have gone through a lot of growing up.

Very interesting change of perspective re-entering the realms and noting my reactions.
  • Didn't see that one coming.

• Halios said:
    Cooper said:
    Good to hear!
    I started playing Achaea when I was a disgruntled highschool student (around 15?).

I'm currently still disgruntled (facetiousness implied) but I am now a law student at a top 20 school and have gone through a lot of growing up.

Very interesting change of perspective re-entering the realms and noting my reactions.
    Qft. It's amazing what a difference a decade makes
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • The rules are simple: If a person finds an RP reason to kill you they will.  If you're in any faction, you may as well consider yourself open PK.  Don't be a douche, and get rid of the idea of "cause."  If you're breathing, someone can find a reason.

Heck, my alt gets death threats for stuff her husband does.  Just roll with it and it's a lot of fun (coming from a non-combatant).
  • Cooper said:
    Didn't see that one coming.
    Law School or the maturity? *lol*

Even when I was immature I was smart, just angsty.
  • Hello! Welcome back!
  • I think I'd have to say both :D

• Cooper said:
    I think I'd have to say both :D
    *shakes fist*
  • Dethea said:
    Hello! Welcome back!
    oh snapppp
  • I see that you have matured quite a bit!

I did have lots of fun acting like a teenager with you, though! 

I haven't matured at all, by the way.

• edited November 2012
    Dethea said:
    I see that you have matured quite a bit!

I see how it is. Shift the burden to me and absolve yourself.

*tsk* posting on forums but not inrealms.
  • Halios said:
    Dethea said:
    I see that you have matured quite a bit!

I see how it is. Shift the burden to me and absolve yourself.

*tsk* posting on forums but not inrealms.

Obv. she needs to be at less than half mana to absolve herself.

• So from what I hear, you sort of rage exploded just like you used to. So much for being more mature, eh?

• edited December 2012
    Cooper said:
    So from what I hear, you sort of rage exploded just like you used to. So much for being more mature, eh?
    Rage exploding as a kid was about teenage angst.

Being under an insane amount of pressure and taking the hardest law exam of my semester then coming onto achaea to bash and getting trolled by multiple people to the point of dying 3-4 times was about just pure anger.

Really irrelevant to me though, you've always been one to take the moral/intellectual high ground and cast observations and judgments on everyone else while trying to preserve some aura of perfection.
  • I also think upon reflecting it had a lot to do with the fact that ive been studying public policy and legal arguments for about 12 hours a day for 6-8 weeks now in preparation for finals.

When I found out that the resolution to a stronger combatant fucking over someone else was a duel I raged out because it made no sense and wrote a policy argument in rant form to several people.

My exams are about advocacy and public policy arguments in some parts, so its hard to snap out of that mentality.
  • Halios said:
    Cooper said:
    So from what I hear, you sort of rage exploded just like you used to. So much for being more mature, eh?
    Rage exploding as a kid was about teenage angst.

Being under an insane amount of pressure and taking the hardest law exam of my semester then coming onto achaea to bash and getting trolled by multiple people to the point of dying 3-4 times was about just pure anger.

Really irrelevant to me though, you've always been one to take the moral/intellectual high ground and cast observations and judgments on everyone else while trying to preserve some aura of perfection.
    Shhhh.  Didn't you know that the forums has a hierarchy?  Some people hold court here.  Did you bring a gift of fealty?
  • Rheve said:
    Everyone's entitled to a bad day or twenty. Mhaldor can make you see red sometimes. Don't worry about it.
    Even with a clear head I don't understand that policy at all.

I was informed afterwards that there is a sub-clause allowing the initiator of the feud to challenge, then reject the option of combat, and suggest an alternative, but I was obviously not informed of this by Trey or anyone else I raged out at, who simply did the
    "Lol im evil i call u slave and make u fight or i pk u h4h4h4h4"
  • Daeir said:
    Cooper said:
    You're starting to sound a bit like Salik with all the backbiting lately. Just saying.

@Halios: That's Mhaldorian RP for you. Deaths inside the city don't give experience loss provided you're a citizen, and you'll probably make most of what you lost back on the inevitable raid defense anyway. What's the problem?
    Deaths to other adventurers in the city give no experience loss provided you're a soldier.
  • edited December 2012
    You don't need to be a soldier. Just non-infamous and your death doesn't complete a contract.

But I think he heartstopped rather than let himself be killed, so he lost experience anyways.
  • Oh, my mistake. Could've sworn that only applied to soldiers. Anyway, the "to other adventurers" part is still relevant, apparently.
  • edited December 2012
    Trey said:
    Halios said:
    Rheve said:
    Everyone's entitled to a bad day or twenty. Mhaldor can make you see red sometimes. Don't worry about it.
    Even with a clear head I don't understand that policy at all.

I was informed afterwards that there is a sub-clause allowing the initiator of the feud to challenge, then reject the option of combat, and suggest an alternative, but I was obviously not informed of this by Trey or anyone else I raged out at, who simply did the
    "Lol im evil i call u slave and make u fight or i pk u h4h4h4h4"
    Actually, rather than "Lol im evil i call u slave and make u fight or i pk u h4h4h4h4", you started going off about 'The Maldaathi' and I told you to stop generalizing and tell me exactly what happened. When you persisted and then refused a direct order as a slave, -then- that's when the kid gloves came off. Ask someone like Achilles, Yiwen, Jhui, Penwize, or any number of -enemies- I interact with on a regular basis if I'm fair or not. On top of refusing to fight anyone and emoting 'sits down in protest', the whole thing that started this whole series of retarded events was on an OOC clan. 

You asked where Annwyn was (while standing on the circle of mushrooms, I might add), and Micaelis being Micaelis gave you a vadimap room number that was in Eleusis. Yes, this was a dick move, but instead of laughing it off, you took it in-character and attacked him. You had the majority of this coming. I'm sympathetic to the fact that law school must be ridiculously stressful, but you might just want to log out until finals are over. Achaea will still be here when you get back.
    So if I had asked on CT first it would be IC?

I don't see the line. If he pulls a dick move and causes my death there's just no recourse?

In any event, you did nothing of the sort. I'm sure your memory is most favorable to yourself, as it is to all of us, but you simply sat silent, then responded by drawing swords and telling me not to generalize about the maldaathi, to which I clarified, and you persisted.

-shrug-

The thing I protested to was the concept of being forced into a duel when I knew it was not the bloodfeud rules. Hence how I said you were just forcing me into the I'm high rank than you I pk you paradigm.
  • Micaelis said something on an OOC clan as a joke, and you got killed because of it.

You immediately take that OOC comment IC and attack a fellow citizen because of it. (Which isn't what you do, by the way)

You get told to stop and start yelling and swearing and insulting people.

You die again, drop an F bomb on CT, at some point call Micaelis the C-word on CT, and continue acting like an ass ICly over something that was entirely OOC.

You talk shit about the Maldaathi and get stomped on by a Maldaathi. Trey is a stand-up guy and doesn't do things for stupid reasons.

All of that based on one death because you ignorantly typed in a Vadi-map number someone gave you (which tells you where you are going, by the way, and you know the game well enough to have known that you were near Annwyn. The 60 rooms you had to walk through to get to Eleusis should probably have been a kind of 'hey this isn't right' to you).

So yep, if he pulls a dick move OOCly, you don't get to attack him ICly for it. That's how it works. You can call him an asshole on that clan, post the log on forums for people to LOL at, or just not be a whiny immature kid and move on with your life and spend 15 minutes bashing up the experience you lost.

It's quite easy for most people to realize you got caught acting stupid, realized it, but did not admit it and are now just digging yourself into an even bigger hole.

"The thing I protested to was the concept of being forced into a duel when I knew it was not the bloodfeud rules."

That's funny, yesterday you posted this.

"I was informed afterwards that there is a sub-clause allowing the initiator of the feud to challenge, then reject the option of combat, and suggest an alternative"

Grow up, Halios, seriously.

• edited December 2012
    Cooper said:
    Micaelis said something on an OOC clan as a joke, and you got killed because of it.

You immediately take that OOC comment IC and attack a fellow citizen because of it. (Which isn't what you do, by the way)

You get told to stop and start yelling and swearing and insulting people.

You die again, drop an F bomb on CT, at some point call Micaelis the C-word on CT, and continue acting like an ass ICly over something that was entirely OOC.

You talk shit about the Maldaathi and get stomped on by a Maldaathi. Trey is a stand-up guy and doesn't do things for stupid reasons.

All of that based on one death because you ignorantly typed in a Vadi-map number someone gave you (which tells you where you are going, by the way, and you know the game well enough to have known that you were near Annwyn. The 60 rooms you had to walk through to get to Eleusis should probably have been a kind of 'hey this isn't right' to you).

So yep, if he pulls a dick move OOCly, you don't get to attack him ICly for it. That's how it works. You can call him an asshole on that clan, post the log on forums for people to LOL at, or just not be a whiny immature kid and move on with your life and spend 15 minutes bashing up the experience you lost.

It's quite easy for most people to realize you got caught acting stupid, realized it, but did not admit it and are now just digging yourself into an even bigger hole.

"The thing I protested to was the concept of being forced into a duel when I knew it was not the bloodfeud rules."

That's funny, yesterday you posted this.

"I was informed afterwards that there is a sub-clause allowing the initiator of the feud to challenge, then reject the option of combat, and suggest an alternative"

Grow up, Halios, seriously.
    All of that yet you lack basic reading comprehension and temporal knowledge.

See: usage of the word "afterwards."

But thanks for policing the forums and giving me life advice, random guy no.
  • edited December 2012
    @Trey Thanks for the laugh, today is gonna be another long day.
This discussion has been closed.