Destroying Blademaster Blades

Comments

• Blademaster final ability should swap enemy herbs for the blade so they OUTR it and die.
  • Tvistor said:
    Blademaster final ability should swap enemy herbs for the blade so they OUTR it and die.
    Huh?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I do not know either. I am going to play LoL.
  • edited November 2012
    I would never fall for unprepped Riftstar. And no timestamps either.
  • Tvistor said:
    |4261hp(89%)|3671mp(96%) | (97%)e|(100%)w,ex|cdb - 17:52:54.244 riftstar Tvistor
    strike Tvistor neck

Synchronizing Tvistor's rift with that of your own, you form a tear in time-space within the throat of a meteoric iron scabbard, before sheathing Unrelenting Destiny within.

(svo): WARNING, YOU HAVE BLADE RIFTED FOR KILL. DO NOT USE TWOARTS ABILITIES UNTIL THEN.
    (svo): WARNING, YOU HAVE BLADE RIFTED FOR KILL. DO NOT USE TWOARTS ABILITIES UNTIL THEN.

Darting forward, you aim a precision strike at Tvistor's neck.
    (riftblade) |4261hp(89%)|3671mp(96%) | (97%)e|(100%)w,ex|cdb - 17:52:54.245 

(riftblade) |4261hp(89%)|3671mp(96%) | (97%)e|(100%)w,ex|cdb - 17:52:54.621 

As Tvistor tries to reach into the rift to pull out a bloodroot, you sense a moment of opportunity. You mentally force Unrelenting Destiny past the etheric bonds of the rift, extending the deadly point of the blade through Tvistor's hand and into his mouth, not stopping until you pierce through the palate and into his skull. You draw back the blade into the rift and back into your scabbard as Tvistor slumps to the ground, blood gushing out of his mouth.
    You have slain Tvistor.
    |4261hp(89%)|3671mp(96%) | (97%)e|(100%)w,ex|cdb - 17:52:55.244 plaugh corpse

• Oh my god so embarrassing.
  • Tvistor said:

Funny, I would have called it a Brokenthroat.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited November 2012
    May I try?

"Recalling the murder of Lucaine Pyramides, you swing the blade into the tree. Pushing down on the hilt with all your might, the blade groans with tension until it finally cracks and shatters. Ashes fall from the remainder as the sword seemingly returns to it's original state, the <Metal> and <Special item> fall at your feet."
  • Eurulis said:
    May I try?

"Recalling the murder of Lucaine Pyramides, you swing the blade into the tree. Pushing down on the hilt with all your might, the blade groans with tension until it finally cracks and shatters. Ashes fall from the remainder as the sword seemingly returns to it's original state, the <Metal> and <Special item> fall at your feet."
    Not sure if you're referring to the tree that held Three Moons, or just picking some random tree in the glade. If the former, unless I'm horribly mistaken, that tree is gone; the ashes you gather for the bladequest are what's left of it. Having the special item appear would be problematic, since each of them is a specific item with a unique id, so having it appear in the glade would require it to disappear from its usual location.
  • edited November 2012
    Just a random tree in the glade. I should have clarified more. My bad. Same with the materials. Maybe I should have written something like "The twisted, useless metal and special item" or something.

"Recalling the murder of Lucaine Pyramides, you swing the blade into one of the trees of the glade. Pushing down on the hilt with all your might, the blade groans with tension until it finally cracks and shatters. Ashes fall from the remainder as the sword seemingly disintegrates"

That should be better. My apologies.
  • Can't we just ask Murad to reforge it? I feel silly with all the ideas that have come up so far...
  • Tvistor said:
    Oh my god so embarrassing.

• Already been discussed. And nope.
    Arilles said:
    Can't we just ask Murad to reforge it? I feel silly with all the ideas that have come up so far...

• Also discussed, @Delphinus, and consensus was "nope.jpg".

The problem is when Sir Gary gets his hands on Fierce Mewtwo...

• To be fair, I liked the idea back when it was proposed. 

• I feel I lucked out with Dark Horn. Makes my Grook feel powerful... And you should see his warcry.
  • Why do all of you hate humgiis so much?  Their main diet is blademaster swords.  Don't take that away!
  • Aovul said:
    I feel I lucked out with Dark Horn. Makes my Grook feel powerful... And you should see his warcry.
    Sorry, but Dark Horn just puts me in the mind of poorly-lit alleyways, rustling foliage and flasher-macs :'(
  • Lucine said:
    Why do all of you hate humgiis so much?  Their main diet is blademaster swords.  Don't take that away!

It's for their own good. Overabundance of iron in the blood can lead to health complications that will eventually result in a final visit to the vet, sad tears of children, and a veterinarian feeling utterly, utterly guilty at having to perform a necessary service for the sake of the animal.

• Synbios said:
    Lucine said:
    Why do all of you hate humgiis so much?  Their main diet is blademaster swords.  Don't take that away!

It's for their own good. Overabundance of iron in the blood can lead to health complications that will eventually result in a final visit to the vet, sad tears of children, and a veterinarian feeling utterly, utterly guilty at having to perform a necessary service for the sake of the animal.
    I don't know, the Shallam humgii survived, I think those guys are the toughest things on Sapience.

• Hermaldo said:
    Synbios said:
    Lucine said:

I don't know, the Shallam humgii survived, I think those guys are the toughest things on Sapience.
    I think you'll find that it didn't, unless somebody switched its diet to Prickly Pear.
  • Sylvance said:
    Hermaldo said:
    Synbios said:
    Lucine said:

I think you'll find that it didn't, unless somebody switched its diet to Prickly Pear.
    I figured the waterlogged one on the shore of New Hope was the same one, it being waterlogged and all. Though I suppose that could have been there before hand, I don't really pay attention to all the humgiis in the world.

• You can't Humgii your blades anymore? How are we supposed to get new ones forged now?
  • Mushroom sigils.
  • Sylvance said:
    Hermaldo said:
    Synbios said:
    Apparently, somebody did.

Rock-strewn beach.
    It is raining heavily, pregnant drops of water pouring down onto you. Bleached, salt-laden sands 
    lead into a rocky section of the beach, where sharp rocks create a peculiar landform along the 
    western arm of the expansive bay. Lodged between two large boulders are the remains of a weathered 
    fishing boat. One side of the dinghy is cracked and splintered, its paint faded by the relentless 
    southern sun and the powerful erosion of the sea. White-capped waves slam forcefully into the uneven 
    boulders again and again, breaking loudly and dousing the rocks with a filmy layer of sparkling 
    water. Dripping quietly, a waterlogged humgii has chewed through its leash.  The following ships are 
    docked here: a Thalassian seastrider and 9 Windcutters. You may BOARD a docked ship or enter the 
    wilderness map from here. 
    You see exits leading north and southwest.

This furry little animal is no bigger than a small dog, though it resembles a small bear with 
    enormous eyes. Soaking wet, its fur is matted and clumped, its chewed leash dangling at its side.
     A waterlogged humgii looks weak and feeble.
    He weighs about 45 pounds.
    You see nothing in it.

• Sigge said:
    You can't Humgii your blades anymore? How are we supposed to get new ones forged now?
    Yes, you can. The post was just suggesting an option for those who don't like humgiiing blades for RP reasons.