Saddest moment

124»

Comments

• I have to say, when Selene was killed, that was a hard moment for Naomh. She didn't take it well at all, and I have to admit, even though I could see it happening, it was still a shock to the system in rl. Also, hitting "quit" when leaving the Wardens, that was perhaps one of the hardest decisions to make, and one that was regretted deeply. And later hitting "quit" when leaving Cyrene to go to Eleusis. I'd never imagined Naomh being anything other than a Beloved, Knight and Cyrenian, and there she was at that point leaving it all behind and having had her Goddess ripped from her. She's back in Cyrene now and has regained her Knight status, but leaving left a bit of a bitter mark on her although at the same time, she's gained a new appreciation for both.
  • Realizing every protege I've taken, novice I've helped, or person I've RP'd with closely has either left mhaldor, or gone dormant...

Lol, is it the Proficy?
  • NO :@ it's just them having bad taste or rl and babies being evil
  • Proficy said:
    Realizing every protege I've taken, novice I've helped, or person I've RP'd with closely has either left mhaldor, or gone dormant...

Lol, is it the Proficy?
    Drat... okay so which of the two do you prefer?
  • @Proficy, the Scourge of Interaction. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited June 2018
    Proficy said:
    Realizing every protege I've taken, novice I've helped, or person I've RP'd with closely has either left mhaldor, or gone dormant...

Lol, is it the Proficy?
    @Proficy  You are seriously the -most- enthusiastic person I've spoken to in regards to trade and mining in Mhaldor, helping spur my excitement in giving it a try. I'm nearly top 100 in such a quick time because of your constant guidance. While I'm not a "novice", I don't take for granted any of the conversations I've had with you and I hope you know it's not your fault if someone leaves or goes dormant.
  • I'm personally not too sad about it..... it was just a brief moment of clarity or what not.....

Nothing tops the day that the entrance to the UW closed down....   I'm still holding my breath waiting for it to reopen!!

Literal tears fell that day, I have not been the same since
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    The loss of the Occultists. It was definitely the saddest moment Amu ever had in the game, and I think it was probably the saddest for her husband, too. They dedicated their entire lives to the Occultists. They both joined at eighteen, they both served as Demiurge, they raised their children as Occultists, and they even incorporated elements of the Oath of Secrecy into their wedding vows. Amu put on a brave face, and tried to make it work in the first few years after Ashtan's Renaissance, but...ended up taking a ninety-year tundra sojourn to try to make sense of the loss, and to reconcile her emotional reaction to the detachment required of her as a Nihilist.

OOC...I'm still pissed. I think I will probably die mad about this, haha. A dozen years of effort into that organization, helping to build it into the RP powerhouse that it was...and, now, all I have left of it is @Orklanishkal. Sorry for dragging you back, textbae, but I couldn't do it alone!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Proficy said:

Lol, is it the Proficy?
    Hey you threatened to kill me if I left, when I was first coming over, and that seems to be working. Maybe more violence is the answer?
  • edited January 2019
    Khel said:
    Proficy said:

Lol, is it the Proficy?
    Hey you threatened to kill me if I left, when I was first coming over, and that seems to be working. Maybe more violence is the answer?

Even with all the goofiness in the past week with @Proficy with the skirmishes, the fighting getting on, and off, and on his shitlist, I've had some serious fun just with the banter, duels, altering of reflexes to handle his prefarar and artefact heavy assault. The banter is strong with Proficy, as long as you're not 'seriously pissed' or afraid of dying like, 3-4 times. Because lets be real, combatants (active) generally die 3-5 days on a good day and get 5+ kills to even it out. The trick is not raging when you have a losing streak!

Though, to be serious, the saddest moment for me was leaving Hashan. While the situations were often utterly frustrating and sometimes unnecessarily painful to deal with, I really was trying my best and hated giving up on the movement I was trying to push through. However, looking back now, I was young and inexperienced, and had a lot to learn about the realms, combat, and even how a council member should operate and the goals they should have. After that, leaving Twilight's order afterwards was rough as I had spoken with the god many times in my victories and defeats and he had become the person who would raise my spirits after I tried to bolster city morale. I miss having that god-player relationship, yet am excited to look into some of the gods around Ashtan.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."